9.5 list, rules and penalty assistance

hbh

Final update on 4 9.5 grievances. Heard before new year. All were withdrawn by BA for various arguments made in front of manager and Labor guy. There was no reason for the management to even make an argument. Makes me question what I am paying dues for. Approximately 500-600 bucks in grievances.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Final update on 4 9.5 grievances. Heard before new year. All were withdrawn by BA for various arguments made in front of manager and Labor guy. There was no reason for the management to even make an argument. Makes me question what I am paying dues for. Approximately 500-600 bucks in grievances.
You can file and NLRA charge for your BA failing to represent you. It's pretty black an white in the contract so there shouldn't have been any debate on you getting paid for being violated.

tourists24

what were the reasons given that had the BA withdraw the grievances?

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
Yes he does.

Every person here disagrees with you because you're wrong.

If I have a 7 hour planned day every day and I'm over 9.5 3 times I file and I'll be paid. It's that simple.
If they are really trying to be A holes, they will send it to the panel. Which in most cases from what I’ve heard is you will win.

BigBrown87

If it’s brown, it’s going down
I have been on the 9.5 list for 3 years off and on. Management not only will harass you if you go on it, they will make sure those 2 days are hell. I hate how every time I go in to be put back on the list my center manager is telling me how he will amend this problem. I have a small child at home and so does he, and his favorite thing to say is he is a family man. But when it comes to me seeing my family, oh what the issue? The issue is your gone by 5 while I’m out until 7 or 8. Hold your ground on the grievance and make sure they know you mean business. They will mess with you but do everything by the book and they will ease up. Good luck

hbh

what were the reasons given that had the BA withdraw the grievances?

I would have to look back to recall but 2 were because of lunch (1 i had worked through lunch to make as many deliveries as possible due to hurricane irma and 2 i forgot to take a portion of lunch and was instructed to punch back in to complete it), another was because it was immediately after I got on the list and had told management that if i wasn't abused i wouldn't file (yet the very next week i worked 3 12+hr days and 2 9.5 exactly). that constitutes abuse to me. and the last one was because i came in 10 minutes early to do DOKs and was only over by 10 minutes. Only needed to discredit one day per grievance to make them invalid.

hbh

You can file and NLRA charge for your BA failing to represent you. It's pretty black an white in the contract so there shouldn't have been any debate on you getting paid for being violated.
I would be very careful about that as I have little doubt there would be big targets on my back from both management and the local at that point.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.

It's time for your BA to go.

The 9.5 language is very simple. Work over 9.5 3 out of 5 days and get paid.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have been on the 9.5 list for 3 years off and on. Management not only will harass you if you go on it, they will make sure those 2 days are hell. I hate how every time I go in to be put back on the list my center manager is telling me how he will amend this problem. I have a small child at home and so does he, and his favorite thing to say is he is a family man. But when it comes to me seeing my family, oh what the issue? The issue is your gone by 5 while I’m out until 7 or 8. Hold your ground on the grievance and make sure they know you mean business. They will mess with you but do everything by the book and they will ease up. Good luck
The contract also states they can't retaliate against you and give you excessive OT the other 2 days.

Above10200

I would have to look back to recall but 2 were because of lunch (1 i had worked through lunch to make as many deliveries as possible due to hurricane irma and 2 i forgot to take a portion of lunch and was instructed to punch back in to complete it), another was because it was immediately after I got on the list and had told management that if i wasn't abused i wouldn't file (yet the very next week i worked 3 12+hr days and 2 9.5 exactly). that constitutes abuse to me. and the last one was because i came in 10 minutes early to do DOKs and was only over by 10 minutes. Only needed to discredit one day per grievance to make them invalid.
Not taking a lunch will void your 9.5 greavence, the 3rd should have been discussed with you in a hearing! you have a right for full penalty pay for all hours in violation for that one!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Anyone had a 3 day lock in ride? How bad are they?
Its awful to have someone with you all day. No matter who. Im retired but i had them. They really cant hold you to something that changes daily
.not to mention add cuts, weather etc.
Make sure you take every lunch and breaks and every minute of them. Use your dolly when you should. Follow all methods. Follow orion...lol. Make all commits. Even when you have to pull.....let them see points that are a struggle. You dont have to tell them. They wont listen anyway. Dont rush your customers, be respectful, they too have a job to do. Make all dr's safely. As always. Out of sight and weather.
Blow your horn at every stop, as always...use all walkways. Park and make yourself hard to hit. Even if it involves a lot of walking. Have fun.

Above10200

Its awful to have someone with you all day. No matter who. Im retired but i had them. They really cant hold you to something that changes daily
.not to mention add cuts, weather etc.
Make sure you take every lunch and breaks and every minute of them. Use your dolly when you should. Follow all methods. Follow orion...lol. Make all commits. Even when you have to pull.....let them see points that are a struggle. You dont have to tell them. They wont listen anyway. Dont rush your customers, be respectful, they too have a job to do. Make all dr's safely. As always. Out of sight and weather.
Blow your horn at every stop, as always...use all walkways. Park and make yourself hard to hit. Even if it involves a lot of walking. Have fun.
The 3 day ride is a time study, don't let management push you, work at a pace you can keep up SAFELY for 25 years!!!! Remember this is a time study on you not the management helping you!!!!

35years

Gravy route
No such thing as a "lock in" ride. They can tell you there is but it's all bs
Also during breaks (which you will take during the most inconvenient times) stay away from the sup and write down every time the sup helped you while still fresh in your mind...
-Did he open and close doors, including the pkg car side door?
-Did he touch any pkgs? Did he straighten the load?
- Did he scan pkgs and tell you where one is that was missorted?
-Was he in the back of the truck sorting/straitening?
- Did he call out to you when a customer came out of a house to save you steps? -
-Did he have the loader give you a perfect load?
- Were any bad stops taken off your load before you came in,or during the day?
- Did you ask the loader and other drivers?
-Did he assign your on call p/u to a different driver?
- Did he encourage you to leave any in-sight DRs?
-Did he handle customer questions you would normally have to answer?
-Did he handle DIAD texts instead of you?
-Did the center contact him on his cell for situations you would normally handle?
-Did he instruct you to write up off areas as missed rather than running them?
-Did he encourage you to do unsafe acts, or acts violating the methods or service commitments to save time?
-Was the ride on 3 random days, or were they only during nice weather, or never on Tuesday or any other particular day?
-Did he reschedule your ride because of weather or high volume?

Don't alert him that you are aware of his manipulations until they present their case at the hearing.