Maplewood

Just a reminder since UPS is saying 70 hour rule is in effect till Jan 15th...

9.5 lists starts again Jan 1.

Protection carries over to the new year if you were on the list for less than 5 months heading in to Nov.

90% of our center was over 60 hours for the last 5 days and we are forced Saturday.

I cant wait to see how much I will rake in for a 9.5 grievance come January, when they are working us 70 hours! $$$

Back first

There maybe three drivers who aren’t violated every week for 9.5 it’s a shady steward who does nothing all day cause he throws us under the bus for an easy day..and two other drivers over 30 years...everyone else they just pay out...15 years later
Wow that's crazy! In my center once you are one the 9/5 list you are put on a 9/5 watch list which the center manager monitors daily. He hates paying grievances.

ManInBrown

Just a reminder since UPS is saying 70 hour rule is in effect till Jan 15th...

9.5 lists starts again Jan 1.

Protection carries over to the new year if you were on the list for less than 5 months heading in to Nov.

90% of our center was over 60 hours for the last 5 days and we are forced Saturday.

I cant wait to see how much I will rake in for a 9.5 grievance come January, when they are working us 70 hours! $$$
So if a driver opted in, in July 2017 no need to opt back in again after peak?

ManInBrown

Wow that's crazy! In my center once you are one the 9/5 list you are put on a 9/5 watch list which the center manager monitors daily. He hates paying grievances.
That’s every center. In the morning the line outside the office after the PCM is 99% nine five drivers. In my center if you’re not on the 9.5 you can get away with murder. They don’t care. The day you opt in, you’re in the office for every little thing, every single day.

35years

Gravy route
That’s every center. In the morning the line outside the office after the PCM is 99% nine five drivers. In my center if you’re not on the 9.5 you can get away with murder. They don’t care. The day you opt in, you’re in the office for every little thing, every single day.
The 9.5 watch list is different than a "harassment watch list"

Some managers don't want you on the official 9.5 list that is sent electronicly to the Union hall. So they try to just put you on the "center 9.5 watch list" when you requested to get on the real 9.5 list. It has nothing to do with harassing the drivers, just an attempt for center manager not to get in trouble for drivers being on the list.

The practice is shady so make sure you are on the official list by filing a grevince when you have your first 9.5 violation. Having an unofficial list is all fine and good till they tell you "you fell off the list" come Jan 1...file to have an official record.

ManInBrown

The 9.5 watch list is different than a "harassment watch list"

Some managers don't want you on the official 9.5 list that is sent electronicly to the Union hall. So they try to just put you on the "center 9.5 watch list" when you requested to get on the real 9.5 list. It has nothing to do with harassing the drivers, just an attempt for center manager not to get in trouble for drivers being on the list.

The practice is shady so make sure you are on the official list by filing a grevince when you have your first 9.5 violation. Having an unofficial list is all fine and good till they tell you "you fell off the list" come Jan 1...file to have an official record.
I’m on the official list already. Received many grievance checks. If you’re going to opt in, but not File, don’t even bother. They get a chuckle out of that one.

Slow walker

I'm on the list and got em the last week of October. Still waiting for my check. My sreward filed this week on late pay at a $100 a week so I hope it takes a month or two. I make an extra $200-$250 a week in 9.5 grievances

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I'm on the list and got em the last week of October. Still waiting for my check. My sreward filed this week on late pay at a $100 a week so I hope it takes a month or two. I make an extra $200-$250 a week in 9.5 grievances

You will get the money for the original grievance but not for the penalty pay.

ManInBrown

I never understand how they calculate grievance checks. I had 4 pending grievances and got a check for 120 bucks. That wasn’t what I was owed. Do they just pull numbers out of thin air. Three of the four were for 8 hour days not honored. By my calculation those alone should have been 6 hours penalty pay.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I never understand how they calculate grievance checks. I had 4 pending grievances and got a check for 120 bucks. That wasn’t what I was owed. Do they just pull numbers out of thin air. Three of the four were for 8 hour days not honored. By my calculation those alone should have been 6 hours penalty pay.

Penalty pay is rarely if ever honored.

35years

Gravy route
You need to keep records.
If the check is wrong you need to follow up with the BA.
During the grievance hearing you should tell them your calculation of money owed and have them confirm this is the exact amount you will get.

ManInBrown

You need to keep records.
If the check is wrong you need to follow up with the BA.
During the grievance hearing you should tell them your calculation of money owed and have them confirm this is the exact amount you will get.
I’ve never been to a grievance hearing. I file with my steward, a few weeks or a few months later my center manager hands me a live check and makes me sign off for it

35years

Gravy route
I’ve never been to a grievance hearing. I file with my steward, a few weeks or a few months later my center manager hands me a live check and makes me sign off for it
If the manager is not paying the grievances properly you need to call you BA, file for the disputed amount, and ask for a local hearing with your BA present. If you have multiple 9.5 grievances you need to ask for a hearing with the BA, center manager and Labor manager present.

At that meeting the Labor manager will most likely tell your center manager to take care of the excessive overtime.

ManInBrown

If the manager is not paying the grievances properly you need to call you BA, file for the disputed amount, and ask for a local hearing with your BA present. If you have multiple 9.5 grievances you need to ask for a hearing with the BA, center manager and Labor manager present.
Before peak the 9.5 grievances weren’t bad. Two violated weeks out of 12. They got the hint that if I was a minute over day 3 I was filing. It’s the 8 hours days not being honored that’s the problem. I had three of those and a small 9.5 grievance for 20 minutes day 3. The check doesn’t add up. Do they make backroom deals when calculating the payouts. Thankfully the hall is at the building once a month. I’ll ask next time I see them.

Dhydratd

My BA makes "side deals" with UPS and settles grievances for a percentage of money owed. He sucks balls!! No one I know of voted for him yet he still wins elections.

ManInBrown

My BA makes "side deals" with UPS and settles grievances for a percentage of money owed. He sucks balls!! No one I know of voted for him yet he still wins elections.
Without permission? friend that. This was the first ch3ck I received that didn’t add up. It seems off by a bunch. I’m asking the hall next time they are at the building. That’s BS. Don’t make deals off my sweat. I’m not cool with that at all.