UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Without permission? friend that. This was the first ch3ck I received that didn’t add up. It seems off by a bunch. I’m asking the hall next time they are at the building. That’s BS. Don’t make deals off my sweat. I’m not cool with that at all.

Why wait until they show up? Make a copy of the check and attach your calculations of how much you think you should have received and forward those to the union hall.

35years

Gravy route
It’s the 8 hours days not being honored that’s the problem. .
If you are in the Central you can bring stops back to the Bldg as missed if they would cause you to go over 8.

You should notify them in the morning you have too many, then again before you bring the stops back. I also call my BA and let him know I am bringing stops back.

It is very effective. It beats filing for the penalty pay in my book.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

If you are in the Central you can bring stops back to the Bldg as missed if they would cause you to go over 8.

You should notify them in the morning you have too many, then again before you bring the stops back. I also call my BA and let him know I am bringing stops back.

...yet screws the customer...

ManInBrown

I’m aware of that. I’m not in the Central. I learned of that on here, and told drivers at my center and they couldn’t believe it. I’m the same way. Couldnt care less about the penalty pay. I want my 8 hour day. They don’t care. We can’t bring work back here. I send messages all day, not going to make 8. They all get ignored.

This place is so informative. When I learned of bonus centers on here and told a few drivers in my building they were in shock. Did not believe me. Thought I was crazy.

35years

Gravy route
...yet screws the customer...
No Dan...
The stops are done by another driver.

Even if this was not true, management knows perfectly well how many constitutes an 8 hr day, and purposely over-dispatch. I tell management before I leave the bldg so they can adjust my load. It only took 1 occurrence of bringing back stops for them to realize they had better adjust the load in the A.M.

My family is way more important than the boxes getting there 1 hour earlier.

Last edited:

35years

Gravy route
I’m aware of that. I’m not in the Central. I learned of that on here, and told drivers at my center and they couldn’t believe it. I’m the same way. Couldnt care less about the penalty pay. I want my 8 hour day. They don’t care. We can’t bring work back here. I send messages all day, not going to make 8. They all get ignored.

This place is so informative. When I learned of bonus centers on here and told a few drivers in my building they were in shock. Did not believe me. Thought I was crazy.
I am sure you already know, but...
When they do not honor your 8 hour request you can request another again and again if necessary. An 8 hour request not honored does not count against your monthly allotment.

ManInBrown

When they do not honor your 8 hour request you can request another again and again if necessary. An 8 hour request not honored does not count against your monthly allotment.
I’ve asked that and been told you can request another, or file. Not both. At that point I’m so pissed off they didn’t honor it, I File.

35years

Gravy route
So, who’s fault is this?

Both sides signed the same contract
Exactly...
Who is screwing the customer this peak season?
The driver who brings back stops after working 14 hours on a 17 hour dispatch, or the District Manager who purposely understaffed for peak to make a larger bonus?

35years

Gravy route
I’ve asked that and been told you can request another, or file. Not both. At that point I’m so :censored2: off they didn’t honor it, I File.
Really?
I have seen posters on Brown Cafe post differently.
Might be a regional thing.
We just bring them back if they over-dispatch.

ManInBrown

We got drivers rolling stops every day in the 7 and 8 section and they go right back on in the same section the next day. Guess what happens. Driver doesn’t get to the 7 and 8 the next day and it’s rinse and repeat. Drivers being sent out with dispatches that have no reality of being completed. It’s a joke. If you’re a customer out there you better hope you don’t live in a 7 or 8 section address. Little Johnny might have a disappointing Xmas

myback

Overtime should be paid at double time. The company is getting off cheap and they are not motivated to make any changes at time and a half. Double time would get their attention and then they would begin to reconsider their daily dispatch.

ManInBrown

Overtime should be paid at double time. The company is getting off cheap and they are not motivated to make any changes at time and a half. Double time would get their attention and then they would begin to reconsider their daily dispatch.
I think at this point they make so much money it wouldn’t matter. I don’t think they care. 50 Something an hour, 60 something an hour. Lol. They begged and pleaded with me to come in today and ride along as a helper because I was out of hours. 50 something an hour 6th day pay to be a helper. They just don’t care. The union better not forget that next contract. This place prints money

Benben

Working on a new degree, Masters in BS Detecting!

Lets see...because you don't have a pair of balls, you keep asking for 8 hours. This takes one of the 10% daily allowed 8 hour requests, thus SCREWING the lower seniority drivers because they get bumped over and over again!

Way to be a team player, dip-:censored2:!! Please ask your boyfriend for your balls back and BE A MAN!

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I agree in part with your statement. IMO OT should be paid at the regular rate (1.5x) for the first 1.5 hours and then at double time for hours thereafter.

My BA makes "side deals" with UPS and settles grievances for a percentage of money owed. He sucks balls!! No one I know of voted for him yet he still wins elections.

We are lucky. No one else wants to be steward, but our current Steward is to die for. Knows everything front to back and gets it done and keeps everyone together. After all my steward and my union have done for me, I don't think I could complain about dues again.