9.5 Retaliation

AndUPSER

Is this the situation of the guy that went on the 9.5 list to help with his sick mom and they retaliated by pushing his start time back?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
That's what I figured. We had them years ago but they did away with them.
Yea, that's what they do when they aren't permitted to violate the contract.

Here, they try every chance they get to supplement the full time operation with these "air drivers".

I have been paid an enormous amount of money grieving the Company's use of them over the years, well in excess of $10,000, maybe $20k.

I ask in every grievance for the issue to be forwarded to the National Air Committee, but they insist on paying me?

Wilson1397

Half the lies they tell about me aren't true!!
Yea, that's what they do when they aren't permitted to violate the contract.

Here, they try every chance they can to supplement the full time operation with these "air drivers".

I have been paid an enormous amount of money grieving the Company's use of them over the years, well in excess of $10,000, maybe $20k.

I ask in every grievance for the issue to be forwarded to the National Air Committee, but they insist on paying me?
That don't surprise me one bit.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
We have a guy who recently went on the 9.5 list.

The Company, in it's infinite wisdom, now thinks the remedy is to push this drivers start time back 45 minutes later than the rest of the Center, while giving the next day air packages to an air driver.

I feel that this an obvious case of harassment, along with a contractual violation of Article 40 of the National Master, by manufacturing an artificial "air exception" scenario.
This driver has been delivering this air for 17 years, how can it now be an "exception" because they want to reduce his hours on the front end?

Anybody else seen the Company take this position?

The only time I have seen the company push back a start time like that for 9.5 issues,

is when the driver has later scheduled pickups.... like a UPS store.

"Air jobs" come and go by necessity, they aren't intended to be manufactured by managers trying to circumvent the intent of the 9.5 language.

ARTICLE 40 - National Master

Section 1 - Air Drivers
(a) Air driver work shall consist of delivery and pickup of air packages which, because of time and customer commitments, cannot be reasonably performed by regular package drivers. Such work may include:

(1) Delivery of air packages which the regular delivery drivers cannot
deliver within guaranteed time commitments.

That would be the position to take.

Grieving the issue under that language, should get it referred back to the local level

for resolution. State and JAC panels "usually" won't rule on National Air language.

Hence, the need for a separate National Air Committee grievance panel.

-Bug-

3 done 3 to go

In control of own destiny

Really another panel who just sits and makes money to just keep sending it back and forth. It is turning into a joke

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

Really another panel who just sits and makes money to just keep sending it back and forth. It is turning into a joke

There is a separate panel for Health & Safety, that runs concurrent with other sub-panels.

If there weren't, the National Panel wouldn't get any thing done....

Just by the shear number of grievances they hear.

-Bug-

Rack em

Made the Podium
At our center we recently had a rural driver get on the 9-5 list and they instantly retaliated against the whole center. We used to be able to take out "mid morning" break whenever we wanted, but now it has to be before noon, no exceptions. And they are now enforcing lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour where before we could do it later on in the day. I know the contract states when we are supposed to take lunch and breaks, but this change will actually hurt management more than us.

Also, the reason he got on the 9-5 list was because he simply wanted to be home earlier to be able to see his daughter. So now management's plan is to move ALL rural route start times up 2 hours. We get our air flown in usually around 9:15 everyday and it gets shuttled out instead of already being on car. So this is an excuse for them to hold the extended drivers and screw them over, just because one person got on the list.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
At our center we recently had a rural driver get on the 9-5 list and they instantly retaliated against the whole center. We used to be able to take out "mid morning" break whenever we wanted, but now it has to be before noon, no exceptions. And they are now enforcing lunch between the 3rd and 6th hour where before we could do it later on in the day. I know the contract states when we are supposed to take lunch and breaks, but this change will actually hurt management more than us.

Also, the reason he got on the 9-5 list was because he simply wanted to be home earlier to be able to see his daughter. So now management's plan is to move ALL rural route start times up 2 hours. We get our air flown in usually around 9:15 everyday and it gets shuttled out instead of already being on car. So this is an excuse for them to hold the extended drivers and screw them over, just because one person got on the list.
So when the rest of you guys start working excessive overtime sign the 9.5 list.

Rack em

Made the Podium
So when the rest of you guys start working excessive overtime sign the 9.5 list.
That's what's going to happen. Every driver is mad about this and I know for a fact there will be more people o the 9-5 list very soon. It's just dumb how management plays these games all because one person wanted to get off at a decent hour to see his daughter.

10 Pt

Can you tell me what the contract says about taking your breaks ( other than me time committed package issue)? Article?
I'm not talking about your lunch but I am talking about 2-10 minute paid breaks.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
We have a guy who recently went on the 9.5 list.

The Company, in it's infinite wisdom, now thinks the remedy is to push this drivers start time back 45 minutes later than the rest of the Center, while giving the next day air packages to an air driver.

I feel that this an obvious case of harassment, along with a contractual violation of Article 40 of the National Master, by manufacturing an artificial "air exception" scenario.
This driver has been delivering this air for 17 years, how can it now be an "exception" because they want to reduce his hours on the front end?

Anybody else seen the Company take this position?
A change in the start time would elicit a bid move up here in the east. But I would personally love a 45 min earlier start. 8am to 4:00-5:30pm sounds sweet.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
A change in the start time would elicit a bid move up here in the east. But I would personally love a 45 min earlier start. 8am to 4:00-5:30pm sounds sweet.
Reread.
His start time got moved back 45 minutes, not up.
In the process, they are now giving his air to a part time air exception driver.

Rack em

Made the Podium
Can you tell me what the contract says about taking your breaks ( other than me time committed package issue)? Article?
I'm not talking about your lunch but I am talking about 2-10 minute paid breaks.
We only get one 15 minute break here. But it's in our rider and states it has to be taken mid-morning.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
The only time I have seen the company push back a start time like that for 9.5 issues,

is when the driver has later scheduled pickups.... like a UPS store.
Why would it be any different for the Company to make adjustments in regards to "scheduled pickups", verses delivery stops???

Help me out.

~Bbbl~™