toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Toon, sounds like you've been with this company a while. I've been an employee 27 years and looks like you recognize the games they play. They're trying to get under your skin by playing their games. Stand your ground and get on the list, and don't feel guilty. In my center we have some routes that are off and they know it. They won't time study them and the drivers suffer. Keep your cool and hang in there!

Thank you, almost 30 here, but 8 pt. And they are getting under my skin, but I keep my cool. The longer they screw with me the longer I will stay. They want to treat me like dirt because I dont correlate, and give them the numbers they need. I cant, wish I could. Cant be done. So since I cant conform, they want to push me out the door.

10 point

Pull the ad cuts and driver manifests for your route and every route that is skimmed to add to yours daily when it's apparent that they're harassing you (ask for the info thru your local) and tell the steward that "failure to represent" documents can include his/her name.
I'm sure the IBT Package Division wouldn't mind sticking their nose into your issue if you call them in Wash DC. Don't let this get past the time allotted to file a grievance.

BTW: "Age and physical condition" are listed in Art 37.

Last edited:

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
if you work excessive hours after getting on the list you MUST file a grievance to get the excessive OT pay or management will think you are scared.
Before last year I hadnt filed a grievance in at least 10 years,but from June -October of last year and virtually every week since the first of the year i have filed on Monday for the prior weeks Excessive Overtime and it's gotten so routine it's no different than clocking in on the DIAD.
your center manager may browbeat you,but he WILL pay you,and that's all that matters at the end of the day

and.......dont worry about the damned numbers!!!!

Thank you, I do not worry as it has been proven, No one can meet them. But you know at one time they were fair, but no longer can you know what kind of day you are having, they all suck. I was off 3 weeks for surgery and the guy, 6'3 my friend, 20 yrs younger, ran, .5 stops per hour more than me. He said they were mortified when they called him in the office to see what his problem was. He was running 1.50/1.75 late So to me that was , a liberating moment. I was thinking maybe I am just too old.

I forget who said just laugh at them, and now I do. Because their isnt a swinging appendage in the building who does it any better than me. Its not me, that was life/ and self esteem saving.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
Pull the ad cuts and driver manifests for your route and every route that is skimmed to add to yours daily when it's apparent that they're harassing you (ask for the info thru your local) and tell the steward that "failure to represent" documents can include his/her name.
I'm sure the IBT Package Division wouldn't mind sticking their nose into your issue if you call them in Wash DC. Don't let this get past the time allotted to file a grievance.

BTW: "Age and physical condition" are listed in Art 37.
Now I have been thinking about that. They even told me to call one day and asked me to give them a retirement date.................I told them probably September so they would leave me alone.

By The Book

Thank you, almost 30 here, but 8 pt. And they are getting under my skin, but I keep my cool. The longer they screw with me the longer I will stay. They want to treat me like dirt because I dont correlate, and give them the numbers they need. I cant, wish I could. Cant be done. So since I cant conform, they want to push me out the door.
I can leave in a couple years when I get my numbers. I think everyone has their reasons for leaving. I'm not staying for an extra 170 a month. I think me body will be better off if I get out and get a faster one in the seat. I think I'm trying to say don't stay just because they treat you like dirt! I'll manage my 401 k and make money that way.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I can leave in a couple years when I get my numbers. I think everyone has their reasons for leaving. I'm not staying for an extra 170 a month. I think me body will be better off if I get out and get a faster one in the seat. I think I'm trying to say don't stay just because they treat you like dirt! I'll manage my 401 k and make money that way.

We had an incident my husband had a heart attack, I am the only one who can work now, But I have been seriously looking for another job. I have been trying to get the 401 K comfortable and get some medical debt paid off because I dont want to fret over money. I will be there soon, and I have some promising work opportunities, but not quite there yet.

I would just like to work on a farm, be with animals, especially horses. I think I will find the right one soon. I like animals so much better than most people. And with my pension and 401k, I could be comfortable with a 10 buck an hour job. One that doesnt suck the life out of me.

10 point

Now I have been thinking about that. They even told me to call one day and asked me to give them a retirement date.................I told them probably September so they would leave me alone.
That question alone would be enough to get me to file Art 37.
If they want to fight don't let them down.

By The Book

We had an incident my husband had a heart attack, I am the only one who can work now, But I have been seriously looking for another job. I have been trying to get the 401 K comfortable and get some medical debt paid off because I dont want to fret over money. I will be there soon, and I have some promising work opportunities, but not quite there yet.

I would just like to work on a farm, be with animals, especially horses. I think I will find the right one soon. I like animals so much better than most people. And with my pension and 401k, I could be comfortable with a 10 buck an hour job. One that doesnt suck the life out of me.
Agreed! Keep your chin up!

10 point

Aw, come on, think for a minute.

Work at a pace that's safe for you and get past the fear factor.
It may take a "ride" and a week or two and they'll have to get off your back and they'll have to take work off you. Heck, take a ten min break after your airs are off, then your lunch as contractually written and another break before your pickups start. Whatever businesses you won't get delivered gets called in for them to send you help for and after a few weeks of that schooling your route gets easier. (Find a cop friend to follow you around when you know you have an ojs ride coming up. That's fun times.)

And if you like to work with animals... you should stay at Brown because, Lord knows, we work with snakes and donkeys every day! :)

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I do take my breaks!!!
I take all 50 minutes every day!! And if I run into some old person who starts talking I let them talk, and put it as a break. Thats probaly the only soul strengthening thing I do all day.
I had missed businesses that I didnt know they were businesses until I got there. My last stop was for the mens Homeless shelter. It was scary and humbling all at the same time. Thankfully they are open 24/7 or I would have had 8 stops closed!!

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
And they have not lightened up, it was 117, n
then 127, now 140. But I was 95% in trace no matter how stupid, and 8 miles over. I dunno, I followed it as far as I could and prevented the failures I could.

Foamer Pyle

This thread looks like the "CliffNotes" version of the ten plus paragraph language in the contract on this subject?
We're new to this system here, and to me, it looks like there are many hoops to jump through before you get triple pay.
I filed a grievance asking to be placed on the "9.5 opt-in list" after being violated all 5 days of the first full workweek upon the contract being imposed.
I have been violated and have filed for all applicable penalty pay every week since.
Since none have been heard yet, I'm not sure how it will go.
The company certainly doesn't seem worried about it.
Be patient, you will get paid, and it will be nice :-)

Sent using BrownCafe App