gypsy mcgee

I am clear on the 9.5 language except for one thing. What is the penalty awarded to a driver working 9.5+ three times in a workweek once they have "opted in"?

BrownTexas

Southern supplement is triple time for all hours over 9.5. Basically you get pay time an a half already. So you get an additional time an a half on all hours over your 9.5 worked.

Big Bad Wolf

It's both the same thing. And additional 1.5x rate for hours worked. Being that you got paid OT already, it equates to triple.

Where are you pigs now?

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
This thread looks like the "CliffNotes" version of the ten plus paragraph language in the contract on this subject?
We're new to this system here, and to me, it looks like there are many hoops to jump through before you get triple pay.
I filed a grievance asking to be placed on the "9.5 opt-in list" after being violated all 5 days of the first full workweek upon the contract being imposed.
I have been violated and have filed for all applicable penalty pay every week since.
Since none have been heard yet, I'm not sure how it will go.
The company certainly doesn't seem worried about it.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
This thread looks like the "CliffNotes" version of the ten plus paragraph language in the contract on this subject?
We're new to this system here, and to me, it looks like there are many hoops to jump through before you get triple pay.
I filed a grievance asking to be placed on the "9.5 opt-in list" after being violated all 5 days of the first full workweek upon the contract being imposed.
I have been violated and have filed for all applicable penalty pay every week since.
Since none have been heard yet, I'm not sure how it will go.
The company certainly doesn't seem worried about it.
they arent worried a bit about it,. They figure out of all the drivers who are forced to work Excessive OT less than half will file. Hearings are held roughly every other month in my local and about every 9 weeks i get my Excessive OT check

30yearstolife

They are cutting the guys back who they know will file at our bldg to (2) 9 1/2 hr days a week. Those 2 days are more like 10 1/2 to 11 hours each. Is the triple time penalty applicable for jacking you up on those 2 days, or is the language to protect against it weak? (Central Supplement)?

Dragon

Package Center Manager
They are cutting the guys back who they know will file at our bldg to (2) 9 1/2 hr days a week. Those 2 days are more like 10 1/2 to 11 hours each. Is the triple time penalty applicable for jacking you up on those 2 days, or is the language to protect against it weak? (Central Supplement)?

So do they add routes or is the work put on the surrounding routes?

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I am on the list, in effect Monday I hear.
I have only filed one grievance in my entire career.
You can only push a person so far, even the meek will respond to continued abuse.

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
So do they add routes or is the work put on the surrounding routes?

you know better than any of us here the work is simply moved around. Usually to those that wont file : the runners,the burners,the bitchers, the scared little rabbits, those that think management is their friend.... I can go on and on

NO routes are added

728ups

All Trash No Trailer
I am on the list, in effect Monday I hear.
I have only filed one grievance in my entire career.
You can only push a person so far, even the meek will respond to continued abuse.
you will still get abused,but at least you will be WELL compensated for it!

Big Bad Wolf

Stuck in traffic doesn't get you paid here...beyond our control.
Paid day is fully in your control. You have a choice of giving a driver an hour hour paid day. That is 1 and a half hours of leeway within the 9.5 rule. Your point is moot.

Where are you pigs now?

Big Bad Wolf

If they jack you up on the other 2 days, file a grievance under the same article which addresses that.

Where are you pigs now?