9 Month Suspension

trickpony1

I would think if the OP:
- still has his ID;
- still has his uniforms;
- is still shown on upsers as "suspension" and;
- has not received any official, written notification of termination then there may be a chance.

The OP may want to take a clear, distinct photo of upsers showing "suspension" complete with date.

If the OP has exhausted all union options then the NLRB may be the next step.

The company may be playing the age old trick of, "...well...he's been on suspension for nine months and we never heard from him.".

Your move.

JL 0513

thanks for all the info guys. I hope I get my job back but im not counting on it. It was a stupid mistake and i was using the days off to help my wife at home. she has MS. No excuses i did it and i paid for the mistake.

Sorry about your situation but why would it ever come to forging a doctor's note? You felt as though you couldn't get your supervisor to understand and govg you time?

We have guys in my center who are off all the time unpaid on top of vacations and sick days.

clean hairy

I would suspect the comany would claim op was sent a report for work within 48 hours, and op did not.
They might also claim "mistake in coding" that it should properly show "terminated" and thanks for bringing the mistale to our attention.
Op is history, i do believe.

ManInBrown

Why in the world would you forge a doctors note? Was it a note stating you were injured and couldn’t work until further notice, or was it a note because you had missed more than 3 days in a row? If the latter, you’re a dummy and deserve to be fired. I know employees that show up when they feel like it, and guess what? They’re still employed.

MyTripisCut

Never bought my own handtruck
What did the doctors note say?

Return to work.... on the 3rd.

Not the 13rd.

613A8DF3-8047-46D9-A550-914E997355FF.jpeg

Mugarolla

Light 'em up!
I did have a local level panel hearing they sided with UPS. I just find it odd that they would keep coding me off as suspended for 9 months. that seems odd

What was the outcome of this local panel that sided with UPS?

Did they uphold the termination?

I believe they upheld your termination and UPS just never updated your employment status.

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Good Morning, would be very interested in your thoughts. Back on 8/06/2018 i was walked out of the building for forging a doctors note. Since then my shop steward has communicated with the District Manager and asked him if I was a NFW to return. The District manager said no but didnt really want to talk about it at that time. My status on UPSERS is suspended. Every week it is updated to reflect the suspended status. I still have my UPS ID's all my uniforms. I ran into our Office manager the other day and she told me i was still on all the active employee lists. Has anyone ever heard of a suspension lasting this long and do you have any thoughts on when they plan to bring me back IF they plan on it. My second question is to be officially terminated to I have to be brought to the panel? thank for your time and thoughts.
YES , you can be suspended up to 2 year !! YES!! ON YOUR CASE....

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Good Morning, would be very interested in your thoughts. Back on 8/06/2018 i was walked out of the building for forging a doctors note. Since then my shop steward has communicated with the District Manager and asked him if I was a NFW to return. The District manager said no but didnt really want to talk about it at that time. My status on UPSERS is suspended. Every week it is updated to reflect the suspended status. I still have my UPS ID's all my uniforms. I ran into our Office manager the other day and she told me i was still on all the active employee lists. Has anyone ever heard of a suspension lasting this long and do you have any thoughts on when they plan to bring me back IF they plan on it. My second question is to be officially terminated to I have to be brought to the panel? thank for your time and thoughts.
they going to put you on the text , to go own your own BUT is a way top get out it ... let me know ... i will tell you!!