9 Month Suspension

cmoll

Good Morning, would be very interested in your thoughts. Back on 8/06/2018 i was walked out of the building for forging a doctors note. Since then my shop steward has communicated with the District Manager and asked him if I was a NFW to return. The District manager said no but didnt really want to talk about it at that time. My status on UPSERS is suspended. Every week it is updated to reflect the suspended status. I still have my UPS ID's all my uniforms. I ran into our Office manager the other day and she told me i was still on all the active employee lists. Has anyone ever heard of a suspension lasting this long and do you have any thoughts on when they plan to bring me back IF they plan on it. My second question is to be officially terminated to I have to be brought to the panel? thank for your time and thoughts.

tadpole

You never talked with your BA? I would believe that when they walk you out, you are terminated. Did they sit you down with a steward and tell you you were terminated before walking you out? Did you file a grievance on the termination? Did you have a panel hearing?

tadpole

The office has to do time cards for everyone on the books, every day, whether it’s vacation, sick, lay-off, whatever. They are coding you in as suspended for whatever reason. You’re still on the books but that doesn’t mean you’re getting your job back.

cmoll

I did have a local level panel hearing they sided with UPS. I just find it odd that they would keep coding me off as suspended for 9 months. that seems odd

cmoll

thanks for all the info guys. I hope I get my job back but im not counting on it. It was a stupid mistake and i was using the days off to help my wife at home. she has MS. No excuses i did it and i paid for the mistake.

cmoll

I have another question for you all. I worked 1250 hours last year before being walked out. will I still get my vacation time for last year? its suppose to be re-filled 4/30/19?

Redtag

Part on order, ok to drive
thanks for all the info guys. I hope I get my job back but im not counting on it. It was a stupid mistake and i was using the days off to help my wife at home. she has MS. No excuses i did it and i paid for the mistake.

You should have gotten FMLA protection to help your wife.. anyway, too late now.

Good luck

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Good Morning, would be very interested in your thoughts. Back on 8/06/2018 i was walked out of the building for forging a doctors note. Since then my shop steward has communicated with the District Manager and asked him if I was a NFW to return. The District manager said no but didnt really want to talk about it at that time. My status on UPSERS is suspended. Every week it is updated to reflect the suspended status. I still have my UPS ID's all my uniforms. I ran into our Office manager the other day and she told me i was still on all the active employee lists. Has anyone ever heard of a suspension lasting this long and do you have any thoughts on when they plan to bring me back IF they plan on it. My second question is to be officially terminated to I have to be brought to the panel? thank for your time and thoughts.

I did have a local level panel hearing they sided with UPS. I just find it odd that they would keep coding me off as suspended for 9 months. that seems odd

Sounds to me, like you are just coded wrong in the system.

You said you went to a local level hearing.

After that, you should have known what the status of your employment was.

Proven dishonesty for falsifying a doctors note ?

You're not on a suspension. If you were.... you'd know it.

I have another question for you all. I worked 1250 hours last year before being walked out. will I still get my vacation time for last year? its suppose to be re-filled 4/30/19?

Not if you were terminated for dishonesty....

trickpony1

Did the doctors note that you allegedly forged have anything to do with UPS...like restrictions, return to work...anything?

I would think if the OP was terminated the company would get moist and get the champagne glasses out soon after the "termination". It appears they haven't done that and, no, I don't think it's a "mistake".

Indecisi0n

tenor.gif