A/C

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
Educate me on the history of UPS tractors being equipped with A/C. Why them and not package. Most of the feeders run at night when its cooler anyway. I always wondered about that.
Federal DOT law ,not the goodness of their hearts ,, the heat generated from those engines is very warm , the DOT don’t want drivers to be overheated pulling those heavy rigs

UnconTROLLed

perfection
year-round with 95F is easy. Just like 10F. The north is worse for adjusting to weather because your body and mind are acclimating day to day

govols019

You smell that?
Miserable?
You're a baby. It's not even that hot. You have giant doors on both sides of your truck that is blasting you with air. You're cruising around in a wind tunnel.
Try loading a trailer that has been baking in the sun all day and if you stop 3 seconds to drink some water some sup starts screaming at you.

Most all of us started where you are ....you ain't special.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
How much less per hour would you all take in order to have a/c in the truck? $2/hour? $5/hour? None? Heat index hits 100+ in the summer everyday.. miserable
Zero, no need for beards, tats, shorts, or least of all, a/c.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Honestly I’d take just a fan in the cab.
Go on vacation, split drivers would destroy for no logical reason.

(Fan was perfectly fine the Friday before vacation...)
664194-cd17d79a-6f7b-11e4-9b5a-bdc4dd854863.jpg

Last edited:

Johney

Educate me on the history of UPS tractors being equipped with A/C. Why them and not package. Most of the feeders run at night when its cooler anyway. I always wondered about that.
Ever try and drive at night in a rain storm when it's 80+ degrees outside with no a/c? Windows will fog up so bad you can't see a thing.