A/C

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
If you are doing your job right, you won't be in the PC long enough to need it. Open the doors and eat that asphalt son one stop at a time.

Harley Rider

34 yrs & done!
We have had fans in our cars for at least 10 years. I never used them cause all it does is blow hot air in your face. Plus the fact that most of my route was on dirt roads you also got a face full of dust.

brostalss

How much less per hour would you all take in order to have a/c in the truck? $2/hour? $5/hour? None? Heat index hits 100+ in the summer everyday.. miserable

My A/C worked just fine for me yesterday. I had to turn it down it was getting too cold.

Go Feeder you get A/C

RxSatellite

Why would you need AC when both side doors are open? And if you keep them shut youre just creating more work for yourself by reopening and shutting them at every stop.

Also I doubt AC would last long maintenence wise on the PCs anyway. Same reason we don't have back up alarms or get ABS repaired. "You dont need them"

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
I'd give up $1 per hour to have to A/C taken out of all the offices. All that dead weight would melt and run under the door. Profits would be at an all time high. Stock holders would be jumping for joy.

rod

Retired 22 years
We’ve been trying for fans for awhile. Petitions, grievances. The contract clearly states no reasonable request will be denied, but UPS keeps dodging it in our division
Dash mounted fans blowing on the driver when its hot out are a life saver. In the winter they really help keep the windows defrosted too.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'd give up $1 per hour to have to A/C taken out of all the offices. All that dead weight would melt and run under the door. Profits would be at an all time high. Stock holders would be jumping for joy.
UPS has no problem finding money to keep all their computer crap and management offices cool. The hourly employees are a different story-- they don't give a crap about you.

rod

Retired 22 years
Federal DOT law ,not the goodness of their hearts ,, the heat generated from those engines is very warm , the DOT don’t want drivers to be overheated pulling those heavy rigs
I figured it couldn't have been UPS's idea. Your explanation makes sense and then again it doesn't. It's ok to have package drivers roasting but not semi-drivers?

I would just take ac behind the bulkhead door. With the medicine and food we are delivering now deserves better temperatures. Plus when we are climbing across boxes to find our first stop in the 6000 section

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
A pkg car is brutal in the heat , but when moving and doors open and you are in and out , keeps you miserable, but on your toes , the tractor is different , you’re
In there for hours and in heavy traffic it gets warm . The DOT , realized guys got drowsy and were causing major accidents , there arnt many small accidents when it comes to a large rig !!
I think the shifter is worse , no ac and the engine heat is brutal , worse than a package car !!!

Dumbo

That might not be a good idea....

65097027_10214673983229045_8400105189364727808_n.jpg

I carry a clean pair of underwear in my bag just in case. It honestly makes a huge difference going commando. So much more breeze. I like to manspread them trunks a little while driving to really help get the air up there. You can really hit that taint area if you lift your left leg up a little while driving. Golden.