A/C

Yeet

Not gonna let ‘em catch the Midnight Rider
A pkg car is brutal in the heat , but when moving and doors open and you are in and out , keeps you miserable, but on your toes , the tractor is different , you’re
In there for hours and in heavy traffic it gets warm . The DOT , realized guys got drowsy and were causing major accidents , there arnt many small accidents when it comes to a large rig !!
I think the shifter is worse , no ac and the engine heat is brutal , worse than a package car !!!
I’ve been in a yard bird, a package car, and now a tractor. Package car is the worst. I’ve actually burned my knee one time on the metal floor in the back. The yard birds at least have 2 fans blasting you and you have both windows and the back door open for air.

Dumbo

When I was a teenager I was a line cook. Don't bitch about the heat until you cook an entire day over 450 degree griddles broilers and ovens with no AC or air flow whatsoever in the kitchen. I'd take what we have to do over that :censored2: any day.

Last edited:

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
None. I work both in -40 degree winters and 100 degree humid days. Prepare ahead of time. Freeze a gallon of water the night before, put in a cooler backpack, and you have an ice box the entire day. Make it a mission to drink water all day, make sure you take in some salt or electrolytes every once on a while, wear a hat to keep the sun out of your face, and don't wear underwear...you're golden.
Freezing water bottles is a big no no.

Dumbo

I thought that was only when using hot liquid in plastic. Maybe it's time to buy that stainless steel insulated gallon jug.

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
I’ve been in a yard bird, a package car, and now a tractor. Package car is the worst. I’ve actually burned my knee one time on the metal floor in the back. The yard birds at least have 2 fans blasting you and you have both windows and the back door open for air.
I’ve burnt my self in pkg car as well,, I don’t miss those days ,, havnt been in one since 03

A

Article 3

A pkg car is brutal in the heat , but when moving and doors open and you are in and out , keeps you miserable, but on your toes , the tractor is different , you’re
In there for hours and in heavy traffic it gets warm . The DOT , realized guys got drowsy and were causing major accidents , there arnt many small accidents when it comes to a large rig !!
I think the shifter is worse , no ac and the engine heat is brutal , worse than a package car !!!
It's a whole lot easier to fall asleep in the heat while driving in the dark.
At least while you're driving a PC the sun is up (visual stimulation comes into play) and it's much easier to stay alert and awake.

Staydryitsraining

None. I work both in -40 degree winters and 100 degree humid days. Prepare ahead of time. Freeze a gallon of water the night before, put in a cooler backpack, and you have an ice box the entire day. Make it a mission to drink water all day, make sure you take in some salt or electrolytes every once on a while, wear a hat to keep the sun out of your face, and don't wear underwear...you're golden.
Your balls havent dropped yet?

542thruNthru

That would be funny but everyone that lives there really believes that.

What's not to believe...
source-1.gif

Package Stick

"Send it."
Miserable?
You're a baby. It's not even that hot. You have giant doors on both sides of your truck that is blasting you with air. You're cruising around in a wind tunnel.
Try loading a trailer that has been baking in the sun all day and if you stop 3 seconds to drink some water some sup starts screaming at you.
I have never been harassed. I wear my local's Teamster shirt erry day, they know I'll file a 37 if they act mean to me.