A call for posting integrity

tieguy

Banned
I'm being constantly suppressed from making this point that keeps getting deleted. Maybe I'm not splainin it well enough.

If a poster comes on here and makes the charge that 8 different management people conspired to lie against him, and he has the means to prove his allegations then he should be required to post his proof.

If not then delete his thread not the posts of long standing members here who object to these wild unsubstantiated allegations being posted here.

I believe this point I am making actually is supported by TOS. The only difference is the folks being flamed do not belong here and may not know they have been flamed behind their backs.

Too many people at 804 know who these folks are. If I was one of those 8 management folks that this guy has made those wild accusations against I would be suing this site for allowing that guy to post those wild charges against me.

Posting Integrity should be part of TOS and should be encouraged and not surpressed here.

DS

Fenderbender
If a poster comes on here and makes the charge that 8 different management people conspired to lie against him, and he has the means to prove his allegations then he should be required to post his proof.
The browncafe has no control over what anyone posts,nor does it require anyone to prove anything.

If not then delete his thread not the posts of long standing members here who object to these wild unsubstantiated allegations being posted here.This would be impossible without naming names

I believe this point I am making actually is supported by TOS. The only difference is the folks being flamed do not belong here and may not know they have been flamed behind their backs.eh?

Too many people at 804 know who these folks are. If I was one of those 8 management folks that this guy has made those wild accusations against I would be suing this site for allowing that guy to post those wild charges against me. We don't allow real names.

Posting Integrity should be part of TOS and should be encouraged and not surpressed here.
Tie,we have no control over the mental capabilities of anyone that posts.Someone had a bad experience at work and you have decided to take it personal.Please, let it go, whether its true or not.

tieguy

Banned
Tie,we have no control over the mental capabilities of anyone that posts.Someone had a bad experience at work and you have decided to take it personal.Please, let it go, whether its true or not.

you do have control as you showed when jones deleted my post on this very point seven times without the courtesy of a PM.

for some reason my post asking posters to produce their proof of these allegations either get locked out or deleted while any idiot can come here and say anything they want about management without having to provide a shred of proof to that affect.

when I then make the point that there just may be something wrong here I get attacked for it and my posts get quietly deleted.

DS

Fenderbender
for some reason my post asking posters to produce their proof of these allegations either get locked out or deleted while any idiot can come here and say anything they want about management without having to provide a shred of proof to that affect.

when I then make the point that there just may be something wrong here I get attacked for it and my posts get quietly deleted.
Tell me how they can back it up without naming names

tieguy

Banned
He could have provided the arbitrators summary of evidence and blacked out the names. Very easy to do.

Its not like his co-workers dont already know who he is talking about.

The case with all the names left in will be easily accessed by any union local in the country that wants to reference it for any reason. they do it all the time.

If he cant produce then the site should delete his post not mine for objecting to his wild unsubstantiated charges.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
From the TOS.

4.) You hereby acknowledge that all posts made to these forums express the contributions, views and opinions of the author and not Style and Design LLC, the administrators, moderators or webmaster (except for posts by these people) and hence will not be held liable. Although the administrators and moderators of Brown Cafe will attempt to keep objectionable content off of this site, it is impossible for us to review all content or confirm or fact check any of the information posted on this site.

The content in the following post claims to have been written in 1987. It was relevant in 2003 when I pasted it here from usenet rec.humor, it's still relevant today.

The twelve commandments of flaming

bbsam

Staff member
In the spirit of Mark Twaiin, Mark Russell and Steven Colbert, there exists some irony in the world that is simply too delightfully tempting for mankind not too bite into that luscious fruit, though the Twelve Commandments or even the Law of God from the Mouth of the Almighty forbids it.

tieguy

Banned
From the TOS.

The content in the following post claims to have been written in 1987. It was relevant in 2003 when I pasted it here from usenet rec.humor, it's still relevant today.

The twelve commandments of flaming

I guess its good to know but does not negate the fact that my posts did not violate TOS in fact they called for a higher standard of posting here yet they kept getting deleted.

In the example I gave which kept getting deleted Crash made wild accusations of multiple management people lying to try to get him fired. I tried to challenge him to provide the proof he had in his hands to back up these wild charges that he willfully posted here.

For some reason his posting of these wild accusations was allowed to run unchecked my objecting to his posting this and my asking him to prove his case was grounds to close the thread and grounds to delete my posts.

this appears to highlight a flaw in TOS unless our goal here is to have every delusional psychotic in the world come here and posts his delusions unchecked.

I believe the principles of TOS were to discourage the unsupported accusations and support the rights of those who objected to them.

Last edited:

tieguy

Banned
And finally a challenge to those that lead here. Lead with honor and courage.
If the post does not blatantly violate TOS here then it is a gift to the site and should not be deleted.
If you find it does violate the rules of TOS then have the courage to at least PM the poster and tell them why.

Nimnim

The Nim
Tie, the request of proof wasn't uncalled for, even when some proof was given you wanted more, still fine. The problem arose with the repeated insistence for said proof when it was rather obvious there would be none further provided. So I requested a thread lock to stop the tripe, and a mod agreed and locked it. That wasn't enough of a hint to let the matter be dropped and you brought it back up in numerous threads that had little to no bearing on it.

We expect some drama and some back and forth here. We have management griping about hourlies, and hourlies griping about management, it's expected and no one really cares as long as it stays for the most part civil.

I don't know what about crashs situation got you so badly, we all know both UPS and Teamsters aren't perfect, and they both win and lose battles with eachother. Is it because crash actually posted his experience and continued to update it, unlike many others who will come along complain about a situation they may have caused and then vanish never to be seen again?

Tie, this is a forum I don't take anything personal here and I know lots of people have quirks that define their postings, but you don't have to take everything here so seriously. So what if someone comes here and complains about the company they work for, I'd say that's a fine way to relieve stress. If some poster really rubs you wrong, do what Upstate says he does and just add them to your ignore list. This crusade you're going on now isn't garnering any sympathy, if that doesn't matter to you fine, just be careful since it didn't work out so well when you had a problem with Hoax as I recall.

You're a valid part of this forum, no ones saying you can't be here.

menotyou

bella amicizia
Several of my posts were changed by moderators because I attempted to name the people I allege were potentially harassing me. I did not read the TOS, so I was unaware of the rules. My bad. I was PM'ed by said moderators. I might not have been happy about certain aspects of what they did, but they were well within their rights. This isn't my website. I do believe they are looking out for the best interests of all involved, though. I think they do a wonderful job. I am grateful that they do what they do. I would like to take this opportunity to thank them for the excellent job they do protecting all of us, including me.

Thank you.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
He could have provided the arbitrators summary of evidence and blacked out the names. Very easy to do.

Its not like his co-workers dont already know who he is talking about.

The case with all the names left in will be easily accessed by any union local in the country that wants to reference it for any reason. they do it all the time.

If he cant produce then the site should delete his post not mine for objecting to his wild unsubstantiated charges.

When he did just that, posting the summery page of the arbitration, that still wasn't enough for you. You then proceeded to challenge it's authenticity claiming it was another persons ruling. There is and never will be any way to substantiate everything that is posted here. So state your point and move on. You're chasing windmills Tie, can't you see that?

He wont answer me, he's got me on ignore. That's what he does when somebody consistently gets the best of him.

brownmonster

Man of Great Wisdom
This is ritual with Tie over the years. He seems to find a topic he cant let go of. Started in the early days with a poster called LoyalMBE and moved on to others since. Move on, a few bad apples got spanked by Crash. It's not an unbelievable story.

bluehdmc

WAH! WAH!!!

I guess its good to know but does not negate the fact that my posts did not violate TOS in fact they called for a higher standard of posting here yet they kept getting deleted.

In the example I gave which kept getting deleted Crash made wild accusations of multiple management people lying to try to get him fired. I tried to challenge him to provide the proof he had in his hands to back up these wild charges that he willfully posted here.

For some reason his posting of these wild accusations was allowed to run unchecked my objecting to his posting this and my asking him to prove his case was grounds to close the thread and grounds to delete my posts.

this appears to highlight a flaw in TOS unless our goal here is to have every delusional psychotic in the world come here and posts his delusions unchecked.

I believe the principles of TOS were to discourage the unsupported accusations and support the rights of those who objected to them.

I think #4 and #6 of the flamer's bible apply to the above.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
And finally a challenge to those that lead here. Lead with honor and courage.
If the post does not blatantly violate TOS here then it is a gift to the site and should not be deleted.
If you find it does violate the rules of TOS then have the courage to at least PM the poster and tell them why.

Wow, are you kidding me???
Now he thinks he's Patrick Henry, "give me liberty or give me death".
Throw yourself on your sword Tie and get it over with once and for all.