A call for posting integrity

iowa boy

"So thats it. Dragon good luck you have your hands full here with this insane asylum."

God I really hope this doesn't mean that Tie is leaving the board. I would much rather deal with him than UPSSOCKS. At least I know Tie is not a fraud.

Dragon

Package Center Manager
"So thats it. Dragon good luck you have your hands full here with this insane asylum."

God I really hope this doesn't mean that Tie is leaving the board. I would much rather deal with him than UPSSOCKS. At least I know Tie is not a fraud.

Look at it like this, the people on here are a mirror of the people that work with you at your hub/center...

Some talk a lot of crap.
Some don't
Some just want to be left alone
Some don't
Some need their hand held
Some don't
Some feel that UPS is sticking it to them
Some don't
Some love UPS
Some don't
etc
etc
etc
....if you are going to come to Brown Café, be prepared, its just like being at work!!

CRASH501

I'm being constantly suppressed from making this point that keeps getting deleted. Maybe I'm not splainin it well enough.

If a poster comes on here and makes the charge that 8 different management people conspired to lie against him, and he has the means to prove his allegations then he should be required to post his proof.

If not then delete his thread not the posts of long standing members here who object to these wild unsubstantiated allegations being posted here.

I believe this point I am making actually is supported by TOS. The only difference is the folks being flamed do not belong here and may not know they have been flamed behind their backs.

Too many people at 804 know who these folks are. If I was one of those 8 management folks that this guy has made those wild accusations against I would be suing this site for allowing that guy to post those wild charges against me.

Posting Integrity should be part of TOS and should be encouraged and not surpressed here.
SERIOUSLY DUDE , GET SOME HELP! YOU HAVE BECOME OBSESESSED WITH THIS!

Tie,we have no control over the mental capabilities of anyone that posts.Someone had a bad experience at work and you have decided to take it personal.Please, let it go, whether its true or not.
OBVIOSLY WE STILL ALLOW PEOPLE LIKE TIE! ( LMAO )

you do have control as you showed when jones deleted my post on this very point seven times without the courtesy of a PM.

for some reason my post asking posters to produce their proof of these allegations either get locked out or deleted while any idiot can come here and say anything they want about management without having to provide a shred of proof to that affect. IM GETTING VERY TIRED OF YOUR SLANDER, KEEP IT UP !
when I then make the point that there just may be something wrong here I get attacked for it and my posts get quietly deleted.

He could have provided the arbitrators summary of evidence and blacked out the names. Very easy to do.

Its not like his co-workers dont already know who he is talking about.

The case with all the names left in will be easily accessed by any union local in the country that wants to reference it for any reason. they do it all the time.

If he cant produce then the site should delete his post not mine for objecting to his wild unsubstantiated charges.
.YOU ASKED FOR PROOF SO I POST THE DECISION , NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU , SO YOU ASK ME TO SEND IT TO RED , I SEND RED ALL 22 PAGES , HE READS THEM AND VERIFY'S THE DECISION , STILL NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR YOU..............AND AGAIN I HAVE ALLOWED YOU TO VIEW MORE THAN YOU DESERVE ALREADY!

Can someone please warm up some milk for the baby bottle ? !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
COULDNT HAVE SAID IT BETTER MYSELF!

I guess its good to know but does not negate the fact that my posts did not violate TOS in fact they called for a higher standard of posting here yet they kept getting deleted.

In the example I gave which kept getting deleted Crash made wild accusations of multiple management people lying to try to get him fired. I tried to challenge him to provide the proof he had in his hands to back up these wild charges that he willfully posted here.

For some reason his posting of these wild accusations was allowed to run unchecked my objecting to his posting this and my asking him to prove his case was grounds to close the thread and grounds to delete my posts.

this appears to highlight a flaw in TOS unless our goal here is to have every delusional psychotic in the world come here and posts his delusions unchecked.

I believe the principles of TOS were to discourage the unsupported accusations and support the rights of those who objected to them.
delusional psycho's , hmm are you talking in 3rd person again?

Tie, the request of proof wasn't uncalled for, even when some proof was given you wanted more, still fine. The problem arose with the repeated insistence for said proof when it was rather obvious there would be none further provided. So I requested a thread lock to stop the tripe, and a mod agreed and locked it. That wasn't enough of a hint to let the matter be dropped and you brought it back up in numerous threads that had little to no bearing on it.

im starting to think tie is one of these liars from my case, are we sure he's not management in metro NY?
We expect some drama and some back and forth here. We have management griping about hourlies, and hourlies griping about management, it's expected and no one really cares as long as it stays for the most part civil.

I don't know what about crashs situation got you so badly, we all know both UPS and Teamsters aren't perfect, and they both win and lose battles with eachother. Is it because crash actually posted his experience and continued to update it, unlike many others who will come along complain about a situation they may have caused and then vanish never to be seen again?

Tie, this is a forum I don't take anything personal here and I know lots of people have quirks that define their postings, but you don't have to take everything here so seriously. So what if someone comes here and complains about the company they work for, I'd say that's a fine way to relieve stress. If some poster really rubs you wrong, do what Upstate says he does and just add them to your ignore list. This crusade you're going on now isn't garnering any sympathy, if that doesn't matter to you fine, just be careful since it didn't work out so well when you had a problem with Hoax as I recall.

You're a valid part of this forum, no ones saying you can't be here.

I agree with Tie. Send me the full arb decision, I'll black out the names and post it.
just curious , why do you now feel entitled to this info? And if I wanted 22 pages posted I would do it myself not pass it on to someone I dont personally know or trust on a forum.

Integrity is only seen in a mirror.

very very well said !

pretzel_man

Look at it like this, the people on here are a mirror of the people that work with you at your hub/center...

Some talk a lot of crap.
Some don't
Some don't
Some don't
Some don't
Some love UPS
Some don't
etc
etc
etc
....if you are going to come to Brown Café, be prepared, its just like being at work!!

Its like being at work only if a few self appointed people were given bullhorns....

Nimnim

The Nim
nimnim you added way more to this discussion then what was addressed. In the process a recommendation to improve the site was misread and turned into something completely different. You're not the only one though too many posters responded to a suggestion to improve the content here by trying to turn it into something else. I would have been fine with your request to close the thread if you had asked for the same in one of the 804 threads but for some reason those did not require the same attention. Thqe question I would have is how many different 804 threads do we need before someone says enough?

First, sorry thought this was a continuation of sorts to the aforementioned threads and posts deleted.

Second, the 804 threads have been shrinking down to a couple, and I'm sure we'd much rather keep them isolated as such. When they flare up people either ignore them or people complain about there being too many and they shrink down again soon enough. The decision of why one thread and not the other can be summed as one thread had run it's course and was devolving into something less than useful, while the other thread(s) being locked would probably cause a much greater cluster than this. I'm still in favor of creating a subforum for "Union Politics" and tossing them there to keep some of the normal union stuff uncluttered.

Finally to address your main argument of integrity here, I have not seen a severe lack of it, there are certainly lapses in civility yes, but no matter where you go you'll never have zero integrity problems. Especially on an internet forum where anonymity is king. Integrity can also be hard to gauge in such a situation, as it does bear in part the upbringing and background of people. At best we can only trust people are being honest as ethics and morality can and will vary between places.

tieguy

Banned
just curious , why do you now feel entitled to this info? And if I wanted 22 pages posted I would do it myself not pass it on to someone I dont personally know or trust on a forum.

there you have it. clearly he's got something to hide here. It did not however stop him from starting an obnoxious thread where he made it sound like the management group from the entire new york area all lied and conspired against him. Over9 thanks for calling his bluff.

*** VICTORY, SWEET SWEET VICTORY ***

bbsam

Staff member
Commandment #13: Claim victory no matter what. Even if all you're really done is prove yourself a D-bag.

Raw

Raw Member
I'm being constantly suppressed from making this point that keeps getting deleted. Maybe I'm not splainin it well enough.

If a poster comes on here and makes the charge that 8 different management people conspired to lie against him, and he has the means to prove his allegations then he should be required to post his proof.

If not then delete his thread not the posts of long standing members here who object to these wild unsubstantiated allegations being posted here.

I believe this point I am making actually is supported by TOS. The only difference is the folks being flamed do not belong here and may not know they have been flamed behind their backs.

Too many people at 804 know who these folks are. If I was one of those 8 management folks that this guy has made those wild accusations against I would be suing this site for allowing that guy to post those wild charges against me.

Posting Integrity should be part of TOS and should be encouraged and not surpressed here.
Get a day job!

curiousbrain

Under ideal circumstances, I would definitely agree; however, with the internet being a remote and anonymous thing, it's improbable that any claim can be substantiated - unless BrownCafe wants to start a peer-review process, which would inevitably involve real UPS time and resources.

And to that point, another related issue is that certain people can use their positions at UPS to "check" on certain claims by various people; that should discourage some from making outlandish claims, but then that also raises the issue of whether that in itself is not a violation of the TOS, or at the very least, principles of integrity.

Deleting the threads of wild unsubstantiated allegations; makes sense to me. It might not make sense to people unfamiliar with the 'rule' or the context it was made in (this one); thus, it may give BrownCafe an unfriendly face and reduce traffic? Just brainstorming.

I am the last person to quote the TOS, as I'm sure I've violated the letter and/or the spirit of it already. So have you, though, and many others; my point is that if the TOS is upheld hard and fast, it might be a very quiet place at times. Not that that is a bad thing, but just thinking out loud.

Nothing to say.

What is "integrity" in all contexts, though? In certain aspects, everyone can agree that stealing money from your mother is probably not the way to build integrity; however, in other aspects it is very subjective - such as what constitutes integrity in the avenue of an internet forum.

Reference.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture

Certainly you don't believe that to be the case do you?
This site is the center of his universe.
I'm guessing he'll still be around under one of his other user names for awhile until he resurfaces as Tieguy again.
Kind of like how he had some of us on "ignore", yet still was able to pass out negative rep.

This site is the center of his universe.
I'm guessing he'll still be around under one of his other user names for awhile until he resurfaces as Tieguy again.
Kind of like how he had some of us on "ignore", yet still was able to pass out negative rep.
IDK Bubble, sounds a little like a suicide note to me....death by moderator maybe???

tieguy

Banned

Some talk a lot of crap.
Some don't
Some don't
Some don't
Some don't
Some love UPS
Some don't
etc
etc
etc

Its like being at work only if a few self appointed people were given bullhorns....

you guys may be right but I think there is perhaps one major difference.

I've been privledged to work with some awesome upsers in all job functions. Many of those types of upsers are here too.

the difference is that I find the better upsers tend to be the vocal majority at work where here they tend to lurk in the background here on this site. This unfortunately gives the casual visitor here to the impression that the majority of upsers are malcontents.

tieguy

Banned
This site is the center of his universe for me as you are my only purpose in life.
I'm guessing I'll l still be around hoping you show up again so that I can again devote my life to responding to your and you only.

ahhh bubblys. Put the toys down a moment and lets have a chat shall we?
now first off bubblys I want to thank you for you have been a terrific flaming management stalker. Possibly one of the best I have ever seen.
And I've seen many fine ones over the years.
And despite the fact that I have had you on ignore for probably close to a year has not deterred you from sneaking up and sticking me in the back every chance you get.
Many flaming management stalkers would have tired of the game by now, or been noticed and tightened up by a moderator.
Not you. you have lived life on the edge and your devotion to me has been never ending.
While I have had you on ignore alas the software allows me to still see that you are there in the background firing your shots even though I cant see what you're saying.
but alas your reign is coming to an end.
there are some new technilogical improvements that will allow me to completely ignore you as I will.
I can now choose to completely ignore you with this new software.

yes , yes its true.
there there bubblys don't cry.

it will be good for you.
its time for me to cut the umbilical cord and set you free.
hopefully you wont obsessively lock onto another management poster as you have me.
I think it may be time for you to try to think for yourself.

see if you can use what little gray matter you have in that head of yours to form complete unique thoughts on your own.
Perhaps an original thought will permeate your little mind.

this could be a big day for you.
No longer do you have to be my lap dog walking at my heel.
but perhaps if you try real hard you could actually learn to think for yourself.
I wish you well.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
ahhh bubblys. Put the toys down a moment and lets have a chat shall we?
now first off bubblys I want to thank you for you have been a terrific flaming management stalker. Possibly one of the best I have ever seen.
And I've seen many fine ones over the years.
And despite the fact that I have had you on ignore for probably close to a year has not deterred you from sneaking up and sticking me in the back every chance you get.
Many flaming management stalkers would have tired of the game by now, or been noticed and tightened up by a moderator.
Not you. you have lived life on the edge and your devotion to me has been never ending.
While I have had you on ignore alas the software allows me to still see that you are there in the background firing your shots even though I cant see what you're saying.
but alas your reign is coming to an end.
there are some new technilogical improvements that will allow me to completely ignore you as I will.
I can now choose to completely ignore you with this new software.

yes , yes its true.
there there bubblys don't cry.

it will be good for you.
its time for me to cut the umbilical cord and set you free.
hopefully you wont obsessively lock onto another management poster as you have me.
I think it may be time for you to try to think for yourself.

see if you can use what little gray matter you have in that head of yours to form complete unique thoughts on your own.
Perhaps an original thought will permeate your little mind.

this could be a big day for you.
No longer do you have to be my lap dog walking at my heel.
but perhaps if you try real hard you could actually learn to think for yourself.
I wish you well.

Oh Tie, I'm not finished with you as long as you continue to post the garbage that is your trademark.
You are correct, that as it has been for the last year and will be till you can't take it anymore and lash out, I will be there to rebut and rebuke said tripe.
So crawl back in your cowardly hole that you call "ignore" and know that everybody else will be seeing me tear apart your flimsy aguements and realize that I don't need your feedback in the process.
Congrats on your technological discovery, but it changes nothing as I wasn't posting for your approval or dissaproval.
Quite to the contrary.
Like at work, I enjoy beating back the playground bully.

pretzel_man

you guys may be right but I think there is perhaps one major difference.

I've been privledged to work with some awesome upsers in all job functions. Many of those types of upsers are here too.

the difference is that I find the better upsers tend to be the vocal majority at work where here they tend to lurk in the background here on this site. This unfortunately gives the casual visitor here to the impression that the majority of upsers are malcontents.

Yes... I agree....

And that was the purpose of my bullhorn comment.

In almost every center I've been in, management and hourly get along well and both work hard.

As you said, I have worked with some amazing people (both hourly and management)

local804

I am going to say I have to sort of agree with a lot of what tieguy is saying. If the correct procedures were taken by the mods earlier, the abusive, obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening and insulting behavior should have stopped and a normal dispute could have continued. The TOS says this type of behavior might lead to you being immediately and permanently banned. I think if a warning was given out to the said people, all of this could have been resolved. I know there are only a few mod and over tens of thousands of posts, but this was by far one of the bigggest longest threads going. Once the respect line was crossed, it was over.....:peaceful:

island1fox

I am going to say I have to sort of agree with a lot of what tieguy is saying. If the correct procedures were taken by the mods earlier, the abusive, obscene, vulgar, hateful, threatening and insulting behavior should have stopped and a normal dispute could have continued. The TOS says this type of behavior might lead to you being immediately and permanently banned. I think if a warning was given out to the said people, all of this could have been resolved. I know there are only a few mod and over tens of thousands of posts, but this was by far one of the bigggest longest threads going. Once the respect line was crossed, it was over.....:peaceful:
+1

Jones

fILE A GRIEVE!
Staff member
There is a report button for a reason, if you see a post that you think crosses the line please let us know. Don't just assume that the mods have seen it and chosen not to do anything about it. Most days I work at least 10 hours in addition to which I have a life and other interests, I think the other mods are no different. Even though I check this site every day I have neither the time not the inclination to read every post in every thread. I can guarantee you that if you report a post it will be checked out by the mods and a decision will be made.