A MESSAGE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS AND EX-CUSTOMERS

R

rpresence

There's a lot of issues here- but first I would like to defend feederdryver if I may.

In my area of business I have to rely on transportation and I appreciate the fact that feederdryver seemed to have the customers' best interests at heart. For me, a customer, that is what makes me feel warm and fuzzy. Being in lots of business arenas, I know this in and out. I myself am not such a great customer service person, unless I believe in the product passionately. So, I applaud feeder for his apparent insights into the satisfaction area of customer service and the strike letting us all down.

This has nothing to do with the strike, but from personal experience, we at the company have been disappointed by the account execs that service our business- we have gone FedEx and DHL for international shipments at least. It'll be a hard sell for UPS to get us back in that venue.

Lastly, I personally enjoyed my UPS residential driver and was mixed up a bit about his friendliness. But, I NEVER realized that the drivers were so much under the pressure of the gun. Oooh- I could not live that way. How can an artist create if he is watched and monitored constantly. Don't know how you folks deal with that issue. Respectfully,

Vaya con Dios

M

my2cents

With the 100th Anniversary of the IBT coming up in September, I wonder if the infamous '97 strike will be relived at that time because the event is included in the The Teamster Century historical timeline. I still see references to this historic "big victory" every now and then in labor publications. Speaking for myself, the '97 strike was a dark period of time, something I would prefer not to relive. If there is a propaganda blitz of this event during the anniversary gala, I will have plenty of barf bags on hand for the occasion. I know I will need them.

B

brown39

The 97 strike was a disgrace. To this day the issues are still not understood. It was Carey out to save his tail, along with the Billary Clinton WH paying the way.

L

local804

I agree with the rest of them.The 97 strike was a joke.The only thing we all got out of it was a summer vacation. Both UPS and the IBT messed up big time on that one.

P

proups

my2cents: I'm with you. Save me a barf bag if the Teamsters try to make that dark period in UPS history part of their "glory." They don't know how stupid that strike really was.

I think about it this way: the 97 strike opened our regular customer's eyes to something they really didn't care to look at before it happened: our competition. Most people do not like change, and won't "fix something that isn't broke." We were meeting their needs before the strike, and then it forced them to look at their options.

Bad for all of us.

W

wkmac

You can add me to the "97' Strike A Total Waste" camp. If anything was accomplished other than helping FedEx I sure can't see it. I also believe we UPS Teamsters lost a real chance to use UPS against the IBT and visa versa to get a much better retirement deal than we have or ever will.

As for this 100th celebration, it will be interesting to watch. It's a no-brainer the 97' strike was all about Carey and there's no love lost between Hoffa and Carey so will Jr. allow focus on Carey via giving credit to the 97' UPS strike as a major event? If I were Hoffa, I'd just leave that alone because it would accomplish 2 things IMO. 1) Downplay the importance of Carey and that whole era and 2) would probably promote some more goodwill with Eskew and the UPS brass. Playing that event up might open up wounds best left healed. My advice Jr! Avoid it as much as you can because in the minds of most membership it was nothing more than a 2 plus week vacation which at the time was nice (I'll admit that for sure) but longterm it was a most costly mistake because those packages now carried by non-union FedEx ground could be going via IBT UPS drivers. That strike really cost the IBT more than UPS because of loss of potential future membership and there again proves the shortsighted nature of our union leadership at the time. JMO.

K

kidlogic

Tie you say this one one post"I believe that each of you would have read the offer and made the effort to educate each other on those parts of the offer that you did or did not like." then say "No all will not read the contract, all will not participate. Many will and many will share what they like and don't like." This is typical of your posts. If someone shows your post is wrong you take statements out of context and defend them. Then in this instance you say one thing when it benifits your arguement then say another when you realize how dumb it was. Lame. Feederdryver as for your comment on the shoes. I hardly think you and Tie could do it. I would do to you as I do here. I would blind you with logic, stomp you with commonsense, and in the end I would kick both of you to the curb as I do some of your post.

J

ja7618

The stike was the worst thing that family and I have gone thru, been with UPS for 23 1/2 yrs, and have 1 more contract to deal with. I can't don't know anyone who thought we gained anything, even the most pro union members in my center. It was totally about Carey and we lost out big time.
Hope it never happens again

T

tieguy

Whats the matter Kid? Why are you still trying to twist my words into something to argue about? This is Sunday give it a rest.

K

kidlogic

I didnt need to twist your words the phrases came straight from your posts. I just cropped them out to show the truth. Your the one who says one thing or will say something you know isnt your belief to try to push through an erroneous hypothesis. Wasnt it Elizabeth Stanton that once said "The moment we begin to fear the opinions of others and hesitate to tell the truth that is in us, and from motives of policy are silent when we should speak, the divine floods of light and life no longer flow into our souls." To a stand up guy this means something.

(Message edited by Kidlogic on July 21, 2003)

F

feederdryver

heeeelp.. I can't see !!!!
Who's Elizabeth Stanton? Does she live in New Stanton, PA?

Here's a logical quote I just picked up:
"ask not what Brown can do for yoooou, BUT... what-you-can-do-for-....Broooooown !!!!!!!! "
-John Feeder Kennedy

Tie..can you verify if we truly lost Dell and Gateway? I just saw some new Gateway boxes today.

K

kidlogic

Dont care Tie if your intrested . Just wanted to show the board that if someone posts an opposing thought that you will try anything to make your point right even if it means being untrue to one self. What a great quality to have.
As for Feederdryver pickup a book once in a while. It's food for the brain. Yes we lost Dell

T

tieguy

God what a baby you are. You just won't give up. I'm not doing anything to disagree with you and your still trying hard. Grow up!!!

K

kidlogic

You insult me (reread your own post) then expect no rebuttle. You make it sound like my post come from now where. Each are a response to yours. This isnt work. You just can't make up the rules because you dont have any power here. Notice you call me names where I show your incorrect facts or commonsense. I am always punishing my kids for using commonsense and showing incorrect facts for they are babies. Or is it the other way around. I punish them for name calling.

C

clarkie

No more "rebuttals"??? I hope I speak for more than one...THANK YOU

T

tieguy

No Kid I expected you to give up before I insulted you. In light of your immature efforts to continue this tired dialogue I would think it was an accurate charicature of your actions and not an insult.

T

tieguy

Kid I really could care less whether this is work or not. Learn to deal with your "power" thing or let it eat at you , I really don't care.

F

feederdryver

book? I do pickup a book. I pick one up 5 days a week..it's called the Driver Vehicle Report book.

See, and you thought I didn't pickup any books. You are so kidlogical.
I am so honored to be included in your dialogue with Tie.. thank you so veddy much !!

Hey Kid if your so smart.. who's buried in Grant's tomb? No cheating !!

F

feederdryver

Hey Kid I almost forgot..

There is another very special book I like to read. There is one Author and many publishers, and it has no copyright.
The story itself is priceless.
The first chapter is called Genesis and the last is called Revelation.

Can you guess what it is?

Have a nice day !