A MESSAGE FOR OUR CUSTOMERS AND EX-CUSTOMERS

F

feederdryver

I AM SORRY THAT WE (TEAMSTERS AND UPS) LET YOU DOWN DURING THE 1997 STRIKE. IT SHOULD OF BEEN HANDLED BETTER AND NOT OF CAUSED A BURDEN TO YOU AND YOUR BUSINESS. MORE CONCERN SHOULD OF BEEN PUT TOWARDS YOUR INTERESTS AND NOT OURS.

I BELIEVE WE HAVE LEARNED A VALUABLE LESSON FROM THAT STRIKE, AND THAT WAS SEEING MANY OF YOU LEAVE US FOR OUR COMPETITORS OVER THE PAST 5 YEARS.

ALL I CAN SAY (ON MY BEHALF) IS, PLEASE GIVE US ANOTHER CHANCE TO MAKE THINGS RIGHT WITH YOU. DON'T CONTINUE TO JUDGE US BY THAT SINGLE EVENT IN 1997. THERE ARE SO MANY OF US SERVIVE PROVIDERS AT UPS THAT REALLY DO CARE ABOUT YOU AND THE SUCCESS OF YOUR BUSINESS.

I FOR ONE, WILL ALWAYS PUT THE CUSTOMER FIRST.
I HOPE MANY OTHERS WOULD AGREE TOO.

THANKS FOR READING
HAVE A NICE SUMMER

D

deliver_man

A better way to show the customers the depths of your sorrow would be by taking out a full page in a major newspaper, perhaps the NY Times? Posting something like that on an internet message board frequented mainly by current and former UPS employees seems a bit silly. Also you should make clear that you are only speaking for yourself, as most of the rest of us have to much common sense to make such an idiotic statement.

A

antimatter

Holy Mackeral Feederdryver,

what...was...that?

Sure we want people to know we care, but I care enough to make sure I get paid fairly. As I recall, UPS' first proposal that year was 10 cents an hour every OTHER year for five years and a "take-it-or-leave-it" attitude. When I was done laughing I said "no thanks". My customers know I care about them and their businesses, but I don't apologize for something (the Strike) that I felt was initiated by a very arrogant company who view us as a bunch of pack mules!

B

U

ups_vette

Holy Mackeral
antimatter

Your powers of recall??
Those powers have left you long ago, if that's what you recall.

F

feederdryver

Deliver Man,
Look dipsh**, try re-reading my post and you will see that I did make the point that I was speaking only on "my" behalf.
And the Brown Cafe headline says.. for Employees, Retirees, and "Customers".

So I'm an "idiot" for wanting to care for the customer? And I have no common sense?
When the hell do you retire? Why don't you just leave now? You sound like extra baggage.

F

feederdryver

I DIDN'T APOLOGIZE FOR THE STRIKE !

WHAT PART OF MY POST SAID "I'M SORRY WE WENT ON STRIKE"????

YOU KNUCKLEHEADS ARE SO QUICK TO CONDEMN AND TURN SOMETHING INTO WHAT YOU WANT TO READ. IF I WAS SORRY THAT WE WENT ON STRIKE, I WOULD HAVE TYPED IT THAT WAY !

R

retired

feederdryver is right, he never said that he was sorry about the strike. Take a deep breath and then read his original post again.

(Message edited by retired on June 30, 2003)

A

antimatter

Hey vette, that's what was laid out to us on the West Coast.

A

antimatter

I did re-read it. Here is the opening sentence:

I AM SORRY THAT WE (TEAMSTERS AND UPS) LET YOU DOWN DURING THE 1997 STRIKE.

Looks like an apology to me...

And the "Tin Foil Hat Alert" from dammore cracked me up... :-)

F

feederdryver

Forget it...

It's obvious the depth of my post was just way too much for the brain capacity of a few individuals (right anti?).

So regardless of whether I'm idiotic or tin-foiled to some, I know the majority of you know where I'm coming from.

As for the rest.........
KISS MY "TIN-Foiled" A** !!

:P

Go Brown
Go Teamsters
Go Dale Jarrett
Go Cheryl

Go Speedracer Gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

U

ups_vette

antimatter:
I'd be interested in seeing a copy of that offer you say was laid out for you. Maybe...just maybe, since I know you can't produce it (because it never existed), perhaps your union officals had their own agenda and reported on hearsay and rummors rather than fact.

In another (anti) matter, feederdryer said he was sorry he (note the word "I" was used) let you down. No where did he say he was sorry for the strike. Perhaps when things are "laid out" for you, your comprehension is, shall we say, lacking.

A

antimatter

Vette:,
I'd love to produce what you have requested, but alas, I don't believe I ever saw a printed copy of that first proposal. I WAS ten feet away from our Division Manager when he delivered his now famous "this is our last, best and final offer" speech (with the pay scale I had earlier mentioned) to the entire building (imagine a sea of brown-clad employees all with their jaws hanging open like they'd had a huge dose of novacaine). You are correct though when you say I can't produce it. But I was there. (and I enjoyed the pun in your last post re: (anti) matter).

Feederdryver:
The depth of your post? My cranial capacity? Are you kidding me? The more you write the worse you look. Hopefully, visitors to this board will not mistake you for the typical UPS employee.

I'll be back Sunday, as I get to enjoy yet another of my well-earned vacation weeks. I didn't want my two new friends to mistake silence for weakness.

B

T

tieguy

Anti your memory is pretty fuzzy. I still have a copy of the Last best final offer. p/t and friend/t versions.

F

feederdryver

Anti-brainmatter,

Showing up for work in a brown uniform doesn't earn you vacations. Try doing some work while your there !!
Doh !

Enjoy that one now ANNNNND when you get back !