A Repeat of 1997

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
As a part time employee when do I start driving cause you 40 buck an hour guys go on strike? If I can work my 20 hr a week I'm cool with it. 22.06 a hour three day work week health insurance golden.

Nope..you do not want to do that...UPS Culture is similar to Prison Culture..we don’t cater to snitches or SCABS...

Your employment would not last long, and the Company will be the first ones to fire you or make your job a living hell because they hate snitches and SCABS worst than the Union..

BadIdeaGuy

Staff member
As a part time employee when do I start driving cause you 40 buck an hour guys go on strike? If I can work my 20 hr a week I'm cool with it. 22.06 a hour three day work week health insurance golden.
As a fellow part timer, the minute you cross that picket line, you better watch your back...

Cause I'll break your kneecaps.

DELACROIX

In the Spirit of Honore' Daumier
The only Teamsters that crossed the line in 1997 at my building were delivery drivers. Had to make their Corvette payment.

We had three that I know of .. All on the first day, a feeder driver and a package car driver .. both did not stay in the building long.. the third was a IAM mechanic..I heard that his business agent went into the building and basically dragged him out.

No one crossed even the low seniority part timers knew it was a No No...

Also the Company was calling people to report to work or else..Those three apparently fell for it...

rod

Retired 22 years
I feel the same, and yes I was on the picket line in 97. Let's talk about the difference between now and then. UPS is better positioned to withstand a STRIKE, with well trained SCABS ( PVD) drivers we aren't moving as much of the nation's GDP vs 1997. Amazon is a material threat to UPS and can financially impair this company. Our new president can lock us out and we wouldn't be missed. So, it is smart to begin saving our money now for a prolonged work stoppage. Did your Dad share with you that our Union only gave us a 1 time 50.00 dollar payout during our 15 day strike. After that payout the UNION strike fund went broke; they owed us another 50.00 dollars that we never received.
If I recall right out of that 50 bucks we had to turn around and give them something like 65 to cover our health benefits. :-)

Depends on who you ask
BC6BC55A-710B-4410-B671-8B58731F4737.gif

here you go.... no one can take this away from you.