A Repeat of 1997

rod

Retired 22 years
Not much increase after 24 years. My pension is up maybe 150% over those 24 years.
I never though of the Pension as a yearly raise type of thing. It was always going to be 3k. -- no big deal. It's been good to me to the tune of about 3/4's of million so far.

542thruNthru

Two words.

source-11.gif

I never though of the Pension as a yearly raise type of thing. It was always going to be 3k. -- no big deal. It's been good to me to the tune of about 3/4's of million so far.
That’s nice, But pension contributions are part of your pay. An increase in contributions should increase your payout. More contributions should = more payout.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
Is a repeat of 1997 ever possible again? I was in high school when my dad went on strike in '97, and I will never forget the pride he felt standing up to this company. The membership was involved, united, and brought UPS to its knees. Good memories indeed. If UPS brings its typical scumbaggery to the negotiating table during upcoming contract negotiations, will the current membership have the unity, critical thinking skills, and fortitude to vote to strike if necessary? I'm not optimistic. The IBT is a shell of what it once was. Fear, apathy, and selfishness have polluted the ranks. I'm putting money away and will vote "no" if the contract is trash. If another "best contract ever" is pushed through, the dominoes will begin to fall, in my humble opinion, and the decline will accelerate.
No, the union is full of pusillanimous now

Brown echo

If u are not alive than for sure truth is not real
Is a repeat of 1997 ever possible again? I was in high school when my dad went on strike in '97, and I will never forget the pride he felt standing up to this company. The membership was involved, united, and brought UPS to its knees. Good memories indeed. If UPS brings its typical scumbaggery to the negotiating table during upcoming contract negotiations, will the current membership have the unity, critical thinking skills, and fortitude to vote to strike if necessary? I'm not optimistic. The IBT is a shell of what it once was. Fear, apathy, and selfishness have polluted the ranks. I'm putting money away and will vote "no" if the contract is trash. If another "best contract ever" is pushed through, the dominoes will begin to fall, in my humble opinion, and the decline will accelerate.
Why play Russian roulette with jobs and pension those that have the cake and eat it too would not let that happen. Amazon is changing the rules.

rod

Retired 22 years
That’s nice, But pension contributions are part of your pay. An increase in contributions should increase your payout. More contributions should = more payout.
I haven't contributed to my pension for damn near 20 years now. Why would I expect an increase?

TTLS1

What are you giving up the next contract?
Hopefully nothing, I know they will seek to get us to pay more for insurance and all that :censored2: like they pull every contract. I’ll be curious to see if there’s any union jobs come 2023

pierregarcon

meanwhile, i tried to leave my house this morning to go shopping but i couldn't get out of my driveway because an amazon driver had blocked not only my driveway but the entire cul-de-sac to deliver to a neighbor. i sat there and watched as he struggled half heartedly to keep his pants above his knees, but some very important text messages kept him focused on his phone. he got back into his van and sat there staring at his phone until my wife asked me why he wasn't moving. i had already moved my car to the end of my driveway so i tapped my horn and that seemed to offend him, so he stared at me for interrupting his important personal communications before pulling forward and over so i could get out.
Isn't their "phone" their DIAD? Or some company provided device? When I see them doing that on the way up to the porch they are using their app and then take a pic of the delivery.

Sissy Brown Short Shorts

I knew we'd win that struggle , we had the whole country behind us , when it was over , all my customers told me how glad they were for us
And now you’d have a whole country despise us because we’re the highest paid in the business while millions lost their jobs and tens of thousands of businesses went under. Combine that with the instant gratification of e-commerce and you’d have grandma burning effigies of deliverymen in her front yard because she didn’t get her Tupperware set from QVC by the end of the week.

JoesUPSacct

Swollen Member
Isn't their "phone" their DIAD? Or some company provided device? When I see them doing that on the way up to the porch they are using their app and then take a pic of the delivery.
could be. do you, as a ups driver, try to hold up your pants with one hand while slow rolling up the driveway staring at your diad after parking your package car in a cul de sac so that you've blocked every vehicle trying to get in or out and then sit in your vehicle for two minutes until a resident has to get your attention to move?

if so, you may qualify to be an amazon driver.