A Repeat of 1997

wornoutupser

Anyone on here knows that I am an old timer....
That being said- I was the first driver on the picket line in '97 and I would be proud to be the first again!

Seymour Packages

What’s there to strike about? Six figures for a job you don’t need a high school diploma for and free healthcare. If anything’s gonna happen to the healthcare it’s gonna be team Biden that does it in for our Cadillac plans.
Keep underestimating this company. The biggest enemies of progress are comfort and complacency. Small concessions over time lead to a trash job in the future. EVERYTHING we enjoy as UPS employees has been fought for by the union. Nothing we have was given to us by the graciousness of this scumbag organization's heart. Stay vigilant.

35years

Gravy route
All 22.4s are going to strike until we get this six figures people keep talking about 👊
22.4s will still be running with no clue what's up next year. Half don't even know what a union is. Doubt they will play a role this contract. Union sure won't push wage equality...they created the 22.4 position.

quad decade guy

22.4s will still be running with no clue what's up next year. Half don't even know what a union is. Doubt they will play a role this contract. Union sure won't push wage equality...they created the 22.4 position.
You mean "helped" create....and the membership approved it.....sort of...

So, let's say nothing really changes(well nothing major)....we get a raise......same ole same ole....kinda like last time.

Yes, I know about 22.4's but that hasn't affected me one iota. I'm making more than I ever have and adding dozens of slots of seniority.

From my point of view.....a strike would probably just about kill the golden goose.

The strike of 1997 was devastating. It hurt our(yes our) company deeply. Whatever about the pension plan(yes, I'm in it) it happened anyway.

You idiotic hotheads better think long and hard about a strike. Keeping in mind....we are still seeing the damage from the 1997 strike.

Any Fed Ex ground you see or Amazon trucks.....can be traced back to the strike. No? You are being intellectually dishonest.

And you hotheads wanting to hurt the company......go look in the mirror......that's exactly who you will "hurt".

Now, how about we work until there is a an agreement. I guarantee UPS wants whatever to happen quickly....and so do I.

Striking for vengeance is just idiotic. I've worked here for 40 years. The ONLY time we went "backwards"(lost business) was because of the 1997 strike. The sluggish growth lasted for years as account after account was lost.

Flame on!

PT Car Washer

You mean "helped" create....and the membership approved it.....sort of...

So, let's say nothing really changes(well nothing major)....we get a raise......same ole same ole....kinda like last time.

Yes, I know about 22.4's but that hasn't affected me one iota. I'm making more than I ever have and adding dozens of slots of seniority.

From my point of view.....a strike would probably just about kill the golden goose.

The strike of 1997 was devastating. It hurt our(yes our) company deeply. Whatever about the pension plan(yes, I'm in it) it happened anyway.

You idiotic hotheads better think long and hard about a strike. Keeping in mind....we are still seeing the damage from the 1997 strike.

Any Fed Ex ground you see or Amazon trucks.....can be traced back to the strike. No? You are being intellectually dishonest.

And you hotheads wanting to hurt the company......go look in the mirror......that's exactly who you will "hurt".

Now, how about we work until there is a an agreement. I guarantee UPS wants whatever to happen quickly....and so do I.

Striking for vengeance is just idiotic. I've worked here for 40 years. The ONLY time we went "backwards"(lost business) was because of the 1997 strike. The sluggish growth lasted for years as account after account was lost.

Flame on!
Translation: I got mine and the Hell with the future Union members. I'll be retired.

35years

Gravy route
They have to be sweating just a wee bit, don't you think? More voted no than yes last time. Not sure they realize why. No pushing it harder this time.

Come to an agreement quick has to be the bigwigs moto. I don't think the new CEO has the balls or experience with a union workforce to play hardball. Too much money to lose. Keep wall street happy. She is primarily a money man...finance, banking...wall street is her boss.

Last edited:

ManInBrown

They have to be sweating just a wee bit, don't you think? More voted no than yes last time. Not sure they realize why. No pushing it harder this time.

Come to an agreement quick has to be the bigwigs moto. I don't think the new CEO has the balls or experience with a union workforce to play hardball. Too much money to loose. Keep wall street happy.
When you put a BS clause in, that a certain percentage need to vote, that’s all you need to know. Company said let’s go back to the table if the members aren’t happy. Union leadership said nah, thats OK. Lulz lulz Lulz

PT Car Washer

When you put a BS clause in, that a certain percentage need to vote, that’s all you need to know. Company said let’s go back to the table if the members aren’t happy. Union leadership said nah, thats OK. Lulz lulz Lulz
Too many FT Union members living paycheck to paycheck living next door to professional people. 6 months away from repossession . The rest are just a few years from a happy retirement and no way they will risk that. PT will just find another minimum wage job.

35years

Gravy route
I don't disagree.
But still any big grab, like getting rid of the pension would bring out the vote. Not happening this round.

baklava

I don’t work at UPS anymore.
All we need to do is scream racial oppression and we will get anything we want in the next contract.
I really hope it doesn’t come to this, but if it does I’m 100% behind the Teamsters playing this card. Not actually “oppression” but how a bad contract negatively affects minorities. It will work, and it’s not even dishonest.

G.V. Rush

All Encompassing Member
And now you’d have a whole country despise us because we’re the highest paid in the business while millions lost their jobs and tens of thousands of businesses went under. Combine that with the instant gratification of e-commerce and you’d have grandma burning effigies of deliverymen in her front yard because she didn’t get her Tupperware set from QVC by the end of the week.
I dunno man. Everybody thinks we’re “hero’s”.