A simple choice next weekend for all ups freight employees

olroadbeech

Happy Verified UPSer
The Union is weak because guys like you start shaking in your boots and cry uncle instead of supporting the most powerful card the Union has to play when it absolutely should be used.

If you're scared now, wait until the economy is bad during the next Contract negotiation and the Company isn't afraid of you because you and the girls at work were braiding each others' hair in 2018 instead of standing up for yourselves. You'll really wish you'd fought for your family in good economic times, when the Union still had some pull and you still had a chance. The Company won't care that you were nice to them in 2018 when they come back to take even more next time.
can't believe I am agreeing with you. tired of all the cry babies. it will continue to go down hill until the culture changes and I don't see that happening.

really sad.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You can attack me all you want I'm not attacking you if you vote no. I'm just stating the facts. Most guys will not be working by the next middle of next week. No saber rattling is going to pay any buddies bills or take care of any buddies kids medical . My kids and my family come first and they always will.
7C813B60-EE20-45E1-810E-177948E8BC0E.jpeg
Here! For the rest of your back. Your spine is all set.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
This is why there is no unity in this Union and it is weak, because if somebody disagrees with your point of view they get attacked and insulted.

It makes no nevermind, most of the guys in my terminal that voted no are going to vote Yes next weekend.

Name-calling insults isn't going to change that, good luck.
Why even vote no in the first place?

cachmeifucan

I'm sure if freight goes on strike local 705 will definitely give. How Many Other Locals. Would. And if one of you guys come to are hall I'm sure they would pass the hat and collect. At the meeting last month someone asked to pass the hat I think he got 1,800. I gave 20. And I always bring 20 in case to meetings

futile process

Most of you anonymous people probably don't even work at ups freight. Your silly name calling means nothing.

The contract will pass, because it is in the best interest of the people who actually work there. Like me.

No one cares about the labor movement at my terminal. They care about their jobs and families. And they know the teamsters leadership doesn't have their back.

11.01.18.upsfreightstatement.pdf

There is no support from the Ibt. A strike is doomed.

Vote Yes!

alwaysRTS

Shop Steward
I'm trying to look at the "vote in person" in different angles. When you have the vote by mail or online far too many members complain about not receiving a ballot or access number. A vote at the Union hall removes that argument.

PeakMode

Arrive Peak Leave
At the end of the day. I just want the will of the majority who care to vote voice to matter. Wheither yes or no, go vote for the future of your Brothers and Sisters. Nobody wants to see a strike. Both the company and its employees have to do what they got to do.

F

Frankie's Friend

Most of you anonymous people probably don't even work at ups freight. Your silly name calling means nothing.
We greatly supported the organizing of UPS Freight (probably way before you worked there) to get you your pay scale and bennies.
No one cares about the labor movement at my terminal. They care about their jobs.
Pretty sad statement right there.
Why didnt you go to work for another carrier (presuming that you actually work at UPS FREIGHT)? Are you on here to spew your supervisory wisdom like you do at work?

Since "no one" cares about the labor movement in your facility I guess you all voted YES from day one huh?

Your posting is parable to your screen name.

futile process

We greatly supported the organizing of UPS Freight (probably way before you worked there) to get you your pay scale and bennies.

Pretty sad statement right there.
Why didnt you go to work for another carrier (presuming that you actually work at UPS FREIGHT)? Are you on here to spew your supervisory wisdom like you do at work?

Since "no one" cares about the labor movement in your facility I guess you all voted YES from day one huh?

Your posting is parable to your screen name.

Thank you for acknowledging that you are not a upsfreight employee.
Most on here who are posting smack are not.

The IBT does not have the UPS Freight employees back, not one bit, not at all.

There is zero guarantee that ups will ever offer more than they are now and as far as unity? I never really experienced much unity in all my years. Most of the time people do whats in their own best interest.

I work at ups freight, I am voting yes on the contract. I suspect the majority will do the same when faced with layoffs and a strike.

To any actual ups freight employees who visit this site,

Don't be fooled by anonymous posters stirring up trouble. They have no skin in the game. Most of this anonymous posters probably think it will be funny when we all lose our jobs, medical benefits, cars and houses.

I work at UPS freight, I voted no on the first offer, the second offer came back and fixed the vacation reports and pension hours, road drivers get more money and city drivers get a 60 cent raise when working dock. Where all issues fixed? No, but this is reality, you can always get what you want, but we did push back on concessions that effected every worker.

I am voting yes.

oldngray

nowhere special

There is zero guarantee that ups will ever offer more than they are now and as far as unity? I never really experienced much unity in all my years. Most of the time people do whats in their own best interest.

I work at ups freight, I am voting yes on the contract. I suspect the majority will do the same when faced with layoffs and a strike.

Don't be fooled by anonymous posters stirring up trouble. They have no skin in the game. Most of this anonymous posters probably think it will be funny when we all lose our jobs, medical benefits, cars and houses.

I work at UPS freight, I voted no on the first offer, the second offer came back and fixed the vacation reports and pension hours, road drivers get more money and city drivers get a 60 cent raise when working dock. Where all issues fixed? No, but this is reality, you can always get what you want, but we did push back on concessions that effected every worker.

I am voting yes.

Maybe you should have posted this in the Freight thread?

F

Frankie's Friend

I am voting yes.
No one on here thinks the repercussions of a strike is funny.
We've been there. Have you?
Many of the "anonymous" posters on here already paid the price of staring down the company.

Vote in the next General Election too. We need to fix the ibt issue at the root.

No Teamster on this site has an agenda to harm freight Teamsters.

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt

How's that ?

The IBT negotiated a contract that the members voted down.

So, they went back to the table and extracted more. You get to vote again.

People seeing UPS empty the system out, must be making some nervous.

The members voted for strike authorization by 92%.

What did they think was going to happen ?

The IBT is doing their part.... are the members going to do theirs ?

-Bug-