A simple choice next weekend for all ups freight employees

sppollock

You are voting a specific way and that is your deal, I respect that to a point, until you start telling people how to vote. I haven't told anyone how to vote, I just encourage them to show up at the hall and vote.

I am a NO voter and the main reason is the true 2 tier wage structure they are proposing, how are we supposed to get good drivers when they find out how much less they make at top scale. Look at the contractor issue, when we went union we had 12,000 voters, now we have 10,800 voters, where did all those voters go?

These are my main issues with the contract, money will always be there in the form of overtime, yes these are crappy raises but without drivers the raises mean nothing. Vote how you want just show up and vote.

futile process

I have every right to tell people how i am voting and why the should vote yes.

If you wish to fire yourself, then vote no. Thats on you.

I am voting YES and I am asking all others to vote YES.

The contract will pass, few want to risk their livelyhoods for the unknown.

Last edited:

sppollock

And other people want to be able to work, voting yes doesn't help with the contractor issues, look at the way things are, contractors are everywhere, I even see them running the city in multiple places. Sure you can beat your drum about vote yes, you can say that im risking my livelihood for the unknown, but I am standing up for what I believe in and what is right. If you think voting yes and making things worse for your fellow employees then vote that way, this is the only time when we will have to make things better, with the fact they are deleting freight from the system now it doesn't matter what the outcome of the vote is, we will loose multiple customers, Best Buy has already diverted there freight to YRC, when do you think we will get that back. I heard yesterday that Lakeshore is going to OD, we are losing this freight because UPS decided to throw a punch to scare everyone, well now you are scared and are going to vote yes and come back to nothing. If you were going to change your vote you should of before last vote, now is too late because those on or near the bottom of seniority are going to be laid off.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
They made a good point on the frieghtwaves article. They asked ups what they plan on doing if the union did not call a strike on nov 12. Ups had no answer.

browned out

Don't fall for the scare tactics of the UPS Teamster collusion cohorts.

Vote that garbage POS down again.

Make your stand and Stand your ground.

We will organize collections at every Teamster local to help supplement your income if these greedy clowns force you to strike.

futile process

And other people want to be able to work, voting yes doesn't help with the contractor issues, look at the way things are, contractors are everywhere, I even see them running the city in multiple places. Sure you can beat your drum about vote yes, you can say that im risking my livelihood for the unknown, but I am standing up for what I believe in and what is right. If you think voting yes and making things worse for your fellow employees then vote that way, this is the only time when we will have to make things better, with the fact they are deleting freight from the system now it doesn't matter what the outcome of the vote is, we will loose multiple customers, Best Buy has already diverted there freight to YRC, when do you think we will get that back. I heard yesterday that Lakeshore is going to OD, we are losing this freight because UPS decided to throw a punch to scare everyone, well now you are scared and are going to vote yes and come back to nothing. If you were going to change your vote you should of before last vote, now is too late because those on or near the bottom of seniority are going to be laid off.

I am scared, just as most of my fellow employees.

As i have said you want ro fire yourself, vote no.

If you want to get back to business, vote YES!

The contract will pass, because it is the best interests of all current employees that it passes.

The same thing happened in 2013. You can look it up for yourselves.

LagunaBrown

I also have a family with a newborn and a 3 year old. I prepared 2 years for a possible strike. I voted no. Unfortunately I wasn’t allowed to vote no again. The reason I voted no was because I have my family’s future to think about. Not just the next paycheck. And thank you, I will keep my balls because I’ve never forgotten where they were.

Better keep saving the way O is running things.
DC499B9A-7782-4524-BCE5-FB3415987BE2.jpeg

New England Teamsters facing $5.1 billion pension shortfall, putting retirees at risk, study says - The Boston Globe

sppollock

I am scared also, just got back from bank to make alternate arrangements for my mortgage, I’m not voting NO. To fire myself, I’m voting NO to better my work arrangements. I disagree with you, I have a family and bills to pay also, if I don’t stand up now I’ll never see a full pension, I’ll see more concessions next contract, I have to stand up now. If they close I lose 12 years of my life at this company. I understand that and am ready to move on if that happens.

Last edited:

futile process

I am scared also, just got back from bank to make alternate arrangements for my mortgage, I’m not voting NO. To fire myself, I’m voting NO to better my work arrangements. I disagree with you, I have a family and bills to pay also, if I don’t stand up now I’ll never see a full pension, I’ll see more concessions next contract, I have to stand up now. If they close I lose 12 years of my life at this company. I understand that and am ready to move on if that happens.

Well I can pretty much guarantee that most of your fellow employees are not willing to give up their jobs and they're 10 or 20 years lives with this company.

It seems to me that most people who want to strike or votes no want to burn down the entire company. because I've heard the same thing from the few guys who are going to still vote no.

I do have a question for you.

When the contract passes next weekend, are you going to return to your job?

Last edited:

cachmeifucan

How many years in and how many to go. If the economy is not good at next negotiations it will really get bad. And you just wasted 5 years hoping it will get better. If you accept this. It only gets worse. Ups smells the blood from your tampon. You live check to check because you work under a crap contract. If you accept this no way you ever get ahead
Well I can pretty much guarantee that most of your fellow employees are not willing to give up their jobs and they're 10 or 20 years lives with this company.

It seems to me that most people who want to strike or votes no want to burn down the entire company. because I've heard the same thing from the few guys who are going to still vote no.

I do have a question for you.

When the contract pass is next weekend, are you going to return to your job?

futile process

How many years in and how many to go. If the economy is not good at next negotiations it will really get bad. And you just wasted 5 years hoping it will get better. If you accept this. It only gets worse. Ups smells the blood from your tampon. You live check to check because you work under a crap contract. If you accept this no way you ever get ahead

If the current leadership is not an office in 5 years that would be the case.
This contract struggle was lost when the small pack contract was ratified even though it was voted down.

DOK

Vote no on final offer and fire yourselves.

Vote yes on final offer and get back to work.

Ups is prepared. They took action first. They are ready to shut the doors. All this tough talk and false claims that they wouldn't do this have been proved wrong.

Anyone who posts vote no is either not employed at ups freight or is self destructive and not looking out for your best interests.

The choice is a simple one. Vote yes next weekend and hope the company doesn't lock the doors. A no vote is just the same as walking in this morning and quitting.

I was a yes vote before this action by the company. I am still a yes vote, hoping we still have a job in a week.

They does this in package when there’s a strike looming, it’s protocol.

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
Did you not read the other posts dope? It’s exactly the type of propaganda your company would spew when said company was fired a year ago. Same type of people vote yes on a crap contract. Are you going to read the retraction the reporter is currently writing for wrong info? Doubt it. Doesn’t fit the suck pump narrative of (some of) the west coast UPS dick drinkers.

Brown287

Im not the Mail Man!
These are some unfortunate facts that UPS has in mind with this contract offer.

The union is the weakest it’s been in decades.

Member participation (which is reason for first fact) is weak at best.

UPS freight is NOT a HUGE PROFIT generator like small parcel.

There are major players in the LTL business that dwarf UPS Freight unlike UPS in small parcel.

Wages are either at top or on par with the top of the industry. (Not placating that it cant get better).

UPS now has another option with Coyote Logistics that will still allow it to have skin in the game.

Most importantly they know full well that instead of participating in the hall with respect and understanding of one another’s issues and concerns for a better contract, we come on here and voice our opinions and then attack one another.

Also in 97 we struck over pension issues centered around the central states pension not contract issues. Ironically years later we all have witnessed the hardship that pension has faced.

I’m not stating an opinion rather UPS will close the doors due to a NO vote but let’s not forget the plight of Consolidated Freight and what happened to those guys in 2002.

LagunaBrown

Did you not read the other posts dope? It’s exactly the type of propaganda your company would spew when said company was fired a year ago. Same type of people vote yes on a crap contract. Are you going to read the retraction the reporter is currently writing for wrong info? Doubt it. Doesn’t fit the suck pump narrative of (some of) the west coast UPS dick drinkers.
You are the Obrien kiss ass poster boy. Your pension is in trouble and you attack me. Wake up!

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.
You are the Obrien kiss ass poster boy. Your pension is in trouble and you attack me. Wake up!
Read dummy. My pension is absolutely fine. But you only have an assumption of what the facts are. Enjoy your sellout yes vote. Enjoy your 8 hour days with no OT. Back to Ramen noodles for you.