A simple choice next weekend for all ups freight employees

Tony Q

UPS Freight will never be the same company again. This is what happens when supposed union leaders play politics with members jobs. In the even that a strike is averted, the company will not be the same. The good freigh, that they had before the current cleaning out of the system won’t be easy to get back.

The members who bought into the politics, families will feel the brunt of this. Even if this contract is ratified the damage is done. The volume will not come back. Those who preached that ups freight earnings went up were wrong. UPS Freight is lumped in with UPS supply chain solutions and UPS CSI as far as earnings. I watched a video a few days ago with that kid from Wisconsin, where he says that UPS Freight made a billion last year. This is blatant misinformation.

For those who think voting at the Local Union halls will decrease the vote, it didn’t last time. The vote totals actually went up. With this new twist ,UPS cleaning out the system, most will have time to vote, and a reason. If there is a strike, hopefully all those vote no tough guys will come and man the picket lines.

If the members vote yes, there still won’t be work for a while and many will be on an indefinite lay off. The UPS Freight side will continue to not be profitable and come next contract (if UPS doesn’t close the doors permanently) will be very hard to not go backwards. UPS freight was the best Freight company to work for by far. With a top rate about to hit $29 an hour, it is heads and tails above the rest. Their pension was also better than most.

Jkloc420

Do you need an air compressor or tire gauge
UPS Freight will never be the same company again. This is what happens when supposed union leaders play politics with members jobs. In the even that a strike is averted, the company will not be the same. The good freigh, that they had before the current cleaning out of the system won’t be easy to get back.

The members who bought into the politics, families will feel the brunt of this. Even if this contract is ratified the damage is done. The volume will not come back. Those who preached that ups freight earnings went up were wrong. UPS Freight is lumped in with UPS supply chain solutions and UPS CSI as far as earnings. I watched a video a few days ago with that kid from Wisconsin, where he says that UPS Freight made a billion last year. This is blatant misinformation.

For those who think voting at the Local Union halls will decrease the vote, it didn’t last time. The vote totals actually went up. With this new twist ,UPS cleaning out the system, most will have time to vote, and a reason. If there is a strike, hopefully all those vote no tough guys will come and man the picket lines.

If the members vote yes, there still won’t be work for a while and many will be on an indefinite lay off. The UPS Freight side will continue to not be profitable and come next contract (if UPS doesn’t close the doors permanently) will be very hard to not go backwards. UPS freight was the best Freight company to work for by far. With a top rate about to hit $29 an hour, it is heads and tails above the rest. Their pension was also better than most.

vote it down

Future

Victory Ride

Annnnnnnd he is back

Annnnnnnd he is back
5fY8pNNy2qITK.gif

wide load

Starting wage is a waste of time.

So why have a union at all. Let’s just take what UPS gives us. Cool bro. You’re part of the problem.

Skooney

Thank you for acknowledging that you are not a upsfreight employee.
Most on here who are posting smack are not.

The IBT does not have the UPS Freight employees back, not one bit, not at all.

There is zero guarantee that ups will ever offer more than they are now and as far as unity? I never really experienced much unity in all my years. Most of the time people do whats in their own best interest.

I work at ups freight, I am voting yes on the contract. I suspect the majority will do the same when faced with layoffs and a strike.

To any actual ups freight employees who visit this site,

Don't be fooled by anonymous posters stirring up trouble. They have no skin in the game. Most of this anonymous posters probably think it will be funny when we all lose our jobs, medical benefits, cars and houses.

I work at UPS freight, I voted no on the first offer, the second offer came back and fixed the vacation reports and pension hours, road drivers get more money and city drivers get a 60 cent raise when working dock. Where all issues fixed? No, but this is reality, you can always get what you want, but we did push back on concessions that effected every worker.

I am voting yes.

Who the :censored2: thinks the repercussions from a strike are "funny"? I already was on strike in 97, and it wasn't that much fun and the weeks following definitely were not funny when I had little seniority and I was driving 2 days a week. But that was 20 years ago, and today I make good money, I enjoy benefits and things that probably would not be today without that. Have you been through that? I strongly suspect you don't have a clue. It's certainly not funny.