A way around RLA?

It will be fine

Ground couldn't even handle the little bit of freight we gave you already. What makes you think you're going to be able to handle a lot more?
So far they’ve just been dipping their toe in the water. The investor meeting clearly laid out the plan. Express is going to only handle priority deliveries. The network will change to make that happen. Results from last year don’t make any difference.

MAKAVELI

So far they’ve just been dipping their toe in the water. The investor meeting clearly laid out the plan. Express is going to only handle priority deliveries. The network will change to make that happen. Results from last year don’t make any difference.
So a massive failure doesn't make s difference? Lol, ok.

fedx

Extra Large Package
I read that FedEx's plan for Network 2.0 is to merge stations between Express and Ground. It's already happening. They are going to combine stations so Express can pass off the "last mile" stuff to Ground in the same building. So that alone should end the RLA protection since they are operating as close to one unit as possible. My question is how long will that initial combination go on before FedEx just decides to just pass everything on to Ground? UPS has air freight and ground freight on the same trucks for efficiency. I think we can forget about merging Ground into Express.....it's going to be the other way around. The contractor model is the future for FedEx. It's pretty clear that FedEx is handing their delivery reigns over to Ground. If I was a courier, I'd be worried. Not sure if RTDs will be so affected since they are considered ramp employees.

MAKAVELI

Their plan is to save $2 billion annually with the change. If you think 50k packages being a day late during the pilot period is going to change the plan, there’s no arguing with that type of stupidity.
Look you just don't understand this management. It wouldn't matter if it was 1 million latest a day. They still will push it through regardless of failure. We have seen it the past 2 years at Express. Respone- failure. LMO- failure. Estar- failure. Network 2.0 will be the MOAF. Lol

It will be fine

Look you just don't understand this management. It wouldn't matter if it was 1 million latest a day. They still will push it through regardless of failure. We have seen it the past 2 years at Express. Respone- failure. LMO- failure. Estar- failure. Network 2.0 will be the MOAF. Lol
You are making my point. What happened with LMO in the past doesn’t make a difference. Glad you worked that out for yourself.

MAKAVELI

You are making my point. What happened with LMO in the past doesn’t make a difference. Glad you worked that out for yourself.
Your making my point. It will be a colossal failure. There's nothing for me to work out as those of us that have been at Express for awhile no exactly how this is going to turnout. It's you that have to come to terms that this isn't what you think it will be. I have no heavy investment ridding on this like you. And couldn't care less if the company flops.

Last edited:

It will be fine

Your making my point. It will be a colossal failure. There's nothing for me to work out as those of us that have been at Express for awhile no exactly how this is going to turnout. It's you that have to come to terms that this isn't what you think it will be. I have no heavy investment ridding on this like you. And couldn't care less if the company flops.
It’s going to work out with my company having more deliveries and pickups, which is good for revenue. I don’t see how corporate can hand over this much volume and squeeze contractors as badly as they are this year. They’ll have to make adjustments to maintain adequate service levels. Mid term outlook for my company just got a lot better.

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
We will no longer be operating separately. The scam of drivers being part of the airline is over. Ttku son...
It's LMO with some Ground/Express operations sharing the same building. This was covered at length yesterday during the meeting.

MAKAVELI

It’s going to work out with my company having more deliveries and pickups, which is good for revenue. I don’t see how corporate can hand over this much volume and squeeze contractors as badly as they are this year. They’ll have to make adjustments to maintain adequate service levels. Mid term outlook for my company just got a lot better.
You don't see how bad it's going to be for both Express and Ground because your eyes can only see that paper. Keep chasin that paper and it's going to be a rude awakening. This company is desperate and it shows. A major change like this should have sent the stock soaring, yet most stockholders can see through this pile of crap.💩

59 Dano

I just want to make friends!
It’s more than just LMO and they plan on shutting down 100 stations. It didn’t sound like tinkering around the edges to me.
I'm going solely by what they discussed during the Q&A yesterday. From that, what we now call LMO is really going to be kicked into a significantly higher gear and they plan to make it much easier to inject or remove Express packages into/from the Ground network, including residential overnight. I'll have to rewatch it to get more of the particulars, though something was mentioned about Ground having midday sorts and they went deeper in explaining how it would be determined which Express or Ground facilities would be closed and merged with others.

Cactus

Just telling it like it is
Ground couldn't even handle the little bit of freight we gave you already. What makes you think you're going to be able to handle a lot more?
Correct. Most freight given to Ground was a handled like a hot potato, either sent back to Express or stuffed in drop-boxes.

zeev

I read that FedEx's plan for Network 2.0 is to merge stations between Express and Ground. It's already happening. They are going to combine stations so Express can pass off the "last mile" stuff to Ground in the same building. So that alone should end the RLA protection since they are operating as close to one unit as possible. My question is how long will that initial combination go on before FedEx just decides to just pass everything on to Ground? UPS has air freight and ground freight on the same trucks for efficiency. I think we can forget about merging Ground into Express.....it's going to be the other way around. The contractor model is the future for FedEx. It's pretty clear that FedEx is handing their delivery reigns over to Ground. If I was a courier, I'd be worried. Not sure if RTDs will be so affected since they are considered ramp employees.
RTDs when I left was already 33% contractors mostly doing bulk pickups employees still doing heavy weight pickups.

It will be fine

I'm going solely by what they discussed during the Q&A yesterday. From that, what we now call LMO is really going to be kicked into a significantly higher gear and they plan to make it much easier to inject or remove Express packages into/from the Ground network, including residential overnight. I'll have to rewatch it to get more of the particulars, though something was mentioned about Ground having midday sorts and they went deeper in explaining how it would be determined which Express or Ground facilities would be closed and merged with others.
Richard had a one off comment about passing all the response freight to a second preload at Ground. The whole thing lacked a lot of detail but you don’t get $2 billion in savings with minor adjustments.