Able to use my personal blade for work?

Recon d15

I work in the warehouse as the hazmat auditor, hazmat responder, international auditor, and air loader. About a year ago I bought myself a little knife with a sheath that I kept on my belt to help me with my work since all I’m doing all day is slicing open invoice pouches, cutting off waybills (majority of our shippers tape them onto the box with a few layers of tape), and cutting open boxes when it’s required. Ever since I bought that little knife it’s made it a lot easier to balance all my positions since I don’t have to waste time looking for where I put down the company issued box cutter and not having to worry about one of my coworkers taking my blade(which is a big issue at my facility). A few days ago my part time supervisor told me I wasn’t able to bring my little blade anymore because of safety issues (the example he gave was that I could trip and fall and somehow my knife would fall out of its secured sheath, land perfectly on its hilt, and impale me. Which sounds like a load of b.s.) I could easily make a list of unsafe findings and other rules being broken by him. I know for a fact that supervisor just doesn’t like me, but ever since I stopped being able to bring my small belt knife it’s made my job a lot harder since I’m only 1 of 4 air loaders, 1 of 3 international auditors, 1 of 2 hazmat responders, and the only hazmat auditor in my facility. Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to accept it and learn to live with it?

I work in the warehouse as the hazmat auditor, hazmat responder, international auditor, and air loader. About a year ago I bought myself a little knife with a sheath that I kept on my belt to help me with my work since all I’m doing all day is slicing open invoice pouches, cutting off waybills (majority of our shippers tape them onto the box with a few layers of tape), and cutting open boxes when it’s required. Ever since I bought that little knife it’s made it a lot easier to balance all my positions since I don’t have to waste time looking for where I put down the company issued box cutter and not having to worry about one of my coworkers taking my blade(which is a big issue at my facility). A few days ago my part time supervisor told me I wasn’t able to bring my little blade anymore because of safety issues (the example he gave was that I could trip and fall and somehow my knife would fall out of its secured sheath, land perfectly on its hilt, and impale me. Which sounds like a load of b.s.) I could easily make a list of unsafe findings and other rules being broken by him. I know for a fact that supervisor just doesn’t like me, but ever since I stopped being able to bring my small belt knife it’s made my job a lot harder since I’m only 1 of 4 air loaders, 1 of 3 international auditors, 1 of 2 hazmat responders, and the only hazmat auditor in my facility. Is there anything I can do about this or do I just have to accept it and learn to live with it?
It's considered a weapon and is prohibited.

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
We got a long pcm about weapons a few years back. Someone had cut themselves with a personal knife.

35 year driver (safety nut 100% by the book) steps forward apologizing. Pulls about a 2.5 inch fold case knife out of his pocket. I’m so sorry I’ve been carrying this for 35 years. I had no idea the danger i and everyone around me was in. Please take this.

BiggieBrown

3eoa37.jpg

Recon d15

We got a long pcm about weapons a few years back. Someone had cut themselves with a personal knife.

35 year driver (safety nut 100% by the book) steps forward apologizing. Pulls about a 2.5 inch fold case knife out of his pocket. I’m so sorry I’ve been carrying this for 35 years. I had no idea the danger i and everyone around me was in. Please take this.
I still have to carry a blade with me either way. It just takes longer to use the company issued blade

Justaloader

Even if I need a blade to do my job?

You have a blade to use - provided by the company. We have the same situation at my day job - our techs are issued retractable safety knives, and are not allowed to use personal knives, regardless of how small and or otherwise harmless they may be. It's a safety and liability thing. As for yours being taken - is it taken while you are on shift, or while you aren't in the building? If it's the former - can't you keep it in your pocket / on your person while working? If it's the latter, just ask for a new one at the start of your shift. If the company can't provide you one - that's on the company.

UnconTROLLed

perfection
There should be little difference in time between a box cutter and small knife, unless you make it so. Also if you are a responder, just keep a bunch at your station, even if you aren't doing it, they should (ideally) be secure from anyone outside dmp

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
Well the air needs to depart at the same time no matter what. Ill still be working the same hours but I’ll have to work twice as hard to make sure we don’t have any left-in-buildings
Work at the same pace. They’ll figure it out. Don’t kill your self because they’re making your job harder.

Air is late every day here anyway. Maybe they’ll get you some help.

Recon d15

There should be little difference in time between a box cutter and small knife, unless you make it so. Also if you are a responder, just keep a bunch at your station, even if you aren't doing it, they should (ideally) be secure from anyone outside dmp
It’s not the blade itself that helps, it’s mainly the fact that I can keep it on my belt. I have a bad habit of forgetting where I put things down which is why I keep everything I need on my belt. A box cutter I could clip onto my belt would work too.

Recon d15

Wait so if I bought one of those box cutter cases that you could clip onto your belt that would be fine right? Since I’m only bringing the case for the blade I could just put the company blade into the casing. Would that be allowed?

Justaloader

Wait so if I bought one of those box cutter cases that you could clip onto your belt that would be fine right? Since I’m only bringing the case for the blade I could just put the company blade into the casing. Would that be allowed?
One way to find out for sure......

If not, why not just place it in your pocket when you aren't using it?