Abortion

vantexan

If the "red" states want to ban abortion that's fine if they themselves are willing to bear the cost of the explosion in the demand for prenatal and post natal child services that is guaranteed to come through state and local taxation and not run to the federal government and ask for more money. But we all know that they will because of them are already being taker states receiving more federal dollars that what they're paying in.
People got along just fine with their babies long before abortion was legalized. Your problem is you think the Federal government should hold everyone's hand.

bacha29

People got along just fine with their babies long before abortion was legalized. Your problem is you think the Federal government should hold everyone's hand.
if you were paying attention to what I said you would have plainly seen that I said that the "red" states who have set out to make abortion illegal in their state that's fine if they can fund the explosion in the demand for pre and post natal child services from their own state budgets. Isn't this agreeable to you?

vantexan

if you were paying attention to what I said you would have plainly seen that I said that the "red" states who have set out to make abortion illegal in their state that's fine if they can fund the explosion in the demand for pre and post natal child services from their own state budgets. Isn't this agreeable to you?
You're assuming that pre and post natal services are needed. As I pointed out, what did people do before there was a government to hold their hand? And if you think it's better to kill babies than fund such services I don't know if there's anything to say to you that would make much difference.

bacha29

You're assuming that pre and post natal services are needed. As I pointed out, what did people do before there was a government to hold their hand? And if you think it's better to kill babies than fund such services I don't know if there's anything to say to you that would make much difference.
What do you think Medicaid does? That's right you are from a culture where the pregnant woman simply goes out to the cabbage patch squats pops the kid and goes back to work..... and that's where Cabbage Patch dolls comes from.....The "red" states that are about to pass strict anti abortion laws are "taker" states because they are already taking more out of the federal coffers than they pay in while "donor" states like New Jersey, Delaware and others receive back less than what they pay in. Now look doctors and hospitals have to be paid for the medical services they provide and if anti abortion laws results in an explosion in the demand for services on the part of parents who can't or won't pay for those services then where will the money come from to pay the bills?

If the tax bases of the states who pass the anti abortion legislation can carry the load themselves that's fine by me but if they have to go back and ask for an increase in federal HHS appropriations that's another matter altogether........Because you're the one who's been hollering his head off calling for cuts in public spending.

newfie

If the "red" states want to ban abortion that's fine if they themselves are willing to bear the cost of the explosion in the demand for prenatal and post natal child services that is guaranteed to come through state and local taxation and not run to the federal government and ask for more money. But we all know that they will because of them are already being taker states receiving more federal dollars that what they're paying in.

Jeez not this nonsense again.

repeat after me your argument is that abortion is a cost effective solution to prenatal and post natal costs?

newfie

put another way murder is cost effective

bacha29

Jeez not this nonsense again.

repeat after me your argument is that abortion is a cost effective solution to prenatal and post natal costs?
Wrong The driver behind legislation is the same old "states rights" argument we keep hearing out of southern "red" states. If they want to pass anti abortion legislation and can keep their health care systems and providers going without the need for additional federal Medicaid funding then they should be allowed to do so....but can they fund it independently? ...Because remember the old saying...."the rich get richer and poor people have babies"

newfie

Wrong The driver behind legislation is the same old "states rights" argument we keep hearing out of southern "red" states. If they want to pass anti abortion legislation and can keep their health care systems and providers going without the need for additional federal Medicaid funding then they should be allowed to do so....but can they fund it independently? ...Because remember the old saying...."the rich get richer and poor people have babies"

Yea according to you murder is cost effective.

Old Man Jingles

Rat out of a cage
What do you think Medicaid does? That's right you are from a culture where the pregnant woman simply goes out to the cabbage patch squats pops the kid and goes back to work..... and that's where Cabbage Patch dolls comes from.....The "red" states that are about to pass strict anti abortion laws are "taker" states because they are already taking more out of the federal coffers than they pay in while "donor" states like New Jersey, Delaware and others receive back less than what they pay in. Now look doctors and hospitals have to be paid for the medical services they provide and if anti abortion laws results in an explosion in the demand for services on the part of parents who can't or won't pay for those services then where will the money come from to pay the bills?

If the tax bases of the states who pass the anti abortion legislation can carry the load themselves that's fine by me but if they have to go back and ask for an increase in federal HHS appropriations that's another matter altogether........Because you're the one who's been hollering his head off calling for cuts in public spending.
Your disease is out of control ... please take your meds.

vantexan

Do you not take into account military bases in Red States? That's where a lot of the Federal spending goes. Weren't for Red Staters your weak kneed liberal ass would've been gunned down by a fellow communist a long time ago.