Abortion

BrownFlush

Woke Racist Reigning Ban King
Isn't the failure to provide for the needs of those born unwanted a sin as well? You never hear the prolifers step up and say what specific measures
Your answer is just kill the innocent to make sure no one fails to provide for their needs? Excellent reasoning. Just a tad bit on the dumb aspen side for me.

Let's pick an age ( since you have decided even an after birth abortion--murder--would be best for the unwanted) for the elderly. Let's go with 80. Kill everybody on their 80th birthday . Excellent. It would be better for all. We dont want to have anyone at risk that their needs may not be met.

bacha29

you're trying to make the extreme argument.

I think i can agree that the government should not be in your wifes uterus.

can you agree that despite this agreement of your point that I should be allowed to do everything reasonable to encourage people making that decision to try to find a way to save that life?
You keep focusing on the child rather than the fitness of the individual to be a parent and just as Roe vs Wade changed the face of American society a repeal is also going to bring about societal changes for which the pro lifers must owe up to and do their part to help in that transition.
Any political agenda is multi faceted and brings with it consequences some foreseeable and some not. The pro lifers agenda is entirely one dimensional. Get Roe vs Wade overturned then just drive off and leave it for resource starved charities and public agencies to deal with aftermath .

newfie

You keep focusing on the child rather than the fitness of the individual to be a parent and just as Roe vs Wade changed the face of American society a repeal is also going to bring about societal changes for which the pro lifers must owe up to and do their part to help in that transition.
Any political agenda is multi faceted and brings with it consequences some foreseeable and some not. The pro lifers agenda is entirely one dimensional. Get Roe vs Wade overturned then just drive off and leave it for resource starved charities and public agencies to deal with aftermath .

by your logic we will soon be killing off old people that cant provide for theirselves

soberups

Pees in the brown Koolaid
you're trying to make the extreme argument.

I think i can agree that the government should not be in your wifes uterus.

can you agree that despite this agreement of your point that I should be allowed to do everything reasonable to encourage people making that decision to try to find a way to save that life?
Yes

bacha29

by your logic we will soon be killing off old people that cant provide for theirselves
And your logic is based purely on the dumb assumption that the needs of every neglected and unwanted child will some how be fulfilled. Ok. So just how in your opinion will that task be fulfilled and who will be charged with that task?

newfie

And your logic is based purely on the dumb assumption that the needs of every neglected and unwanted child will some how be fulfilled. Ok. So just how in your opinion will that task be fulfilled and who will be charged with that task?

you're advocating killing those children because society may not be able to provide for them.
once your logic is accepted look out grandma and grandpa. you're not next.

bacha29

you're advocating killing those children because society may not be able to provide for them.
You don't need to worry about me wanting to kill children . The conditions many will be born into will kill far more of them.

bacha29

I'm concerned about your euthanasic argument becoming an accepted norm.
And I'm worried about child neglect and abandonment becoming an accepted form in your political circle given it's unwillingness to take the necessary additional measures to protect the lives of those children who have already been born and will be born into conditions for which they should not have been born.

soberups

A clump of cells the size of a pea is not, by any rational definition of the word, a child.

soberups

It is the conservatives, not the liberals, who are hell-bent on destroying Social Security, Medicaid, food stamps and other programs that help the poor.
You can’t claim to be pro life when your concern for the well being of the children ends the moment they are expelled from the uterus.

bacha29

It is the conservatives, not the liberals, who are hell-bent on destroying Social Security, Medicaid, food stamps and other programs that help the poor.
You can’t claim to be pro life when your concern for the well being of the children ends the moment they are expelled from the uterus.
Spot on man. We spend billions providing healthcare for mothers and kids in third world countries but the pro life cluckers always stop short when it comes to ponying up the money to reinforce prenatal postnatal and child care services for children in our own country ahead of a possible overturning of Roe vs Wade. Likewise among the many key social programs the cluckers want to massively cut spending for Orange Hair wants to cap federal spending on Medicaid which provides key healthcare services for both the young and the old leaving it up to cash strapped states to find the money to close the funding gap and there's no guarantee that they will .

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
And I'm worried about child neglect and abandonment becoming an accepted form in your political circle given it's unwillingness to take the necessary additional measures to protect the lives of those children who have already been born and will be born into conditions for which they should not have been born.
No you're not.

vantexan

A clump of cells the size of a pea is not, by any rational definition of the word, a child.
And if abortion was limited to when the child is a small clump of cells, no heartbeat, no brain activity, you might have a case. Seeing people celebrate the right to terminate a pregnancy right up until just before birth isn't going to persuade pro-life advocates that abortion is humane.

newfie

pro euthanasia