accident in feeder

BigUnionGuy

Got the T-Shirt
Why would I make this up? She had the choice of taking the newly-created 22.3 (and the $8/hr pay cut) or resigning.

Uh.... Dave,

I didn't say, you were making it up. I said thats "outside" of the contact.

Newly created 22.3 jobs are bid to part-timers first.

Ease up there big boy.

-Bug-

PT Car Washer

Uh.... Dave,

I didn't say, you were making it up. I said thats "outside" of the contact.

Newly created 22.3 jobs are bid to part-timers first.

Ease up there big boy.

-Bug-
Not in my center. FT jobs are first bid by other FTers in the classification, then FT outside the classification, then goes to PT. I agree that different buildings have different rules.

PT Car Washer

And they are the crappiest jobs there are with the worst hours for less then some PT jobs and all other FT jobs. But hold your head up high because you are a Full Timer compared to all those part timers.

QKRSTKR

This is exactly why I didn't singh feeder bid. That and the fact that I live in a bad winter snow belt area, and driving themin pitch dark in a snowstorm scares the bejesus out of me.

Driving at night does have a few pros. I really would not like driving during the day with all the traffic. My current run has about 1/2 hr of rough traffic. Couldn't imagine dealing with it for 8 or more hours. Especially in Atlanta.

I think the OP will be fine. They are gonna be hard on you though.

govols019

You smell that?
We had a feeder driver hit a car while changing lanes and he never knew that it happened until he got back to the building. He was off for about 4 months til he got his job back.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
cachsux, we have the same in package car but not in feeder department.

You should be fine. They gotta spank you. You know, to justify their jobs and pretend to take safety seriously. In my area, they are out of luck if they don't immediately come pull you off the rig after you call them. We've had a handful of drivers get saved by management's laziness. Sounds like that's what happened in your case. Hopefully your union reps push that angle full tilt.

After all, if they fire you for being unsafe because of your accident, what reason do they have for waiting until you get back to Atlanta? You are either unsafe or you're not, according to their logic. But if you guys don't have that as a past practice, you will have to take your punishment. Probably a few weeks off.

Not to beat up on you, but keep that bubble around you at all times. Assume these cars don't see you, have no respect for the size, weight and stomping ability of your rig. Because people are stupid and as you see, you're the one who gets to pay for a 50/50 blame scruff. You just can't get away with mistakes in feeders.

feeder05

With the telematics and the GPS on the tractor I would think they could piece together what my have happened. Long as you were not speeding you should be fine. We have a circle of honor driver who has totaled out a tractor and has can opened two 28's by side swiping a trailer on the side of the freeway, still working in feeder. You should be fine. Please let us know.

busterbrownlady

Been in feeders a year. I am a cover driver for feeders. Union believes I will get my job back. Just not sure how long it will be.

Sent using BrownCafe App

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Since you are a cover driver for feeders, you may have more on your side than you think. I'm sure where you are, it's just like most places. They have the bare number of employees to cover all the possibilities even on a good day. We are coming up on vacation season. Feeder drivers, simply because of their accrued time, generally have 6-7 weeks vacation a year (counting option week) They are going to be needing a warm body very soon because of the maximum numbers of drivers that can take off per week. I suspect a week or so unpaid time off sends the message to be more careful. Another accident might get you fired and a trip to the panel. Nobody wants that because then it becomes a numbers game and you might lose with no possibility of any recourse. Good luck.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Been in feeders a year. I am a cover driver for feeders. Union believes I will get my job back. Just not sure how long it will be.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Something is fishy about your story. How did your drug test results come back? Did you test positive for THC? or Alcohol?

There is something you are not telling us.

TOS..

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
If you damaged the steps on the fuel tank, and the car from the door back to the bumper, there is no way that car was in your blind spot, left or right side. Sounds like you might have a target on your back. after seeing what some driver have done, and kept their jobs, you should be okay.

I ran Atlanta(I285) for 3 years, and I still go over there every now and then, when the regular guy is off. I have seen things that will turn your stomach, or stop your heart from beating.