accident in feeder

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
"The other side"...I am trying very hard not to blast you! First off you jacka$$ , there is no one on here that can reinstate me so why would I lie on here !! My question was for info on what others have went through. I put it all out in the open so that I would know what to expect. Maybe lying is how you roll, but not me! Fishy about my story? ! Oh, by the way!!!!!! By the grace of God...I got a phone call reinstating me!!! I was getting on line to let everyone know that ups called. Thank you to everyone for your advice. Honesty is the best policy . I believe if it was fishy , I wouldn't be called back one day later after official termination.
Man , you got some nerve!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

Your story is suspect. You STILL havent indicated "WHY" you were terminated, and yet, now you want to tell us that you have been "REINSTATED" and UPS called you?

UPS wouldnt call you, thats what the UNION is for.

UPS would have had to consult with the local, debate the case, come to a conclusion, agree to reinstate, then the UNION would call you and notify you to report back to work, NOT UPS.

THe day you were alledgedly "TERMINATED", what was the actual cause for the action. "WE" are not "AT WILL" employees, and as bargaining unit members, we are protected by disciplinary language that outlines the cardinal violations allowed for termination.

Your "outrage" is not impressive to me. YOUR story lacks the key "objective" data to make it believable. The name calling is silly at best. Bringing "GOD" into it is also a joke as he is not employed by anyone to intervene on your behalf.

I believe, that once you got "CALLED OUT", you are simply retreating with a "I GOT MY JOB BACK".

If you simply wanted attention, well then , bravo.

But terminations for feeder accidents isnt something "WE" take lightly.

Maybe you will reconsider, and actually share the reason you were fired, now that your case is in "hindsight".

Of course you wont, cause you cant. It wouldnt make sense afterwards.

Thanks for the laughs.

TOS.

p.s. note, that I dont react with emotion nor do I respond to it. I look for all the objective data first and when that lacks substance then I will drill down in order to get it.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
Dude, maybe you missed her first post, where she pretty much lined out what happened. You read that, didn't you?

Do your fact finding there, then come back.

Are you assuming I didnt know she was involved in a crash? Please. Youre smarter than that.

I dont want the facts of the crash. I want the FACTS of the termination. I want to know what happened when she was sat down and confronted by a termination. What was the actual termination cause?

Do you know?

DO you believe UPS would simply put on a termination notice "crashed truck??"

The story about the crash isnt important to the reinstatement process. There is no argument that she crashed.

The issue for me is what brought it to the level where the company made a business decision to fire her.

REASON.

There needs to be one.

Why dont you tell me what it said on her termination notice.

TOS.

busterbrownlady

Thank you all for such wonderful advice. The grounds of termination was, "just cause". Do to DOT laws, if involved in an accident where a citation was written the driver has to have a alcohol test and drug test. Alcohol test was immediate which I blew a .000 and drug hasn't came back. That "will" not be a issue. There are rules that must be followed and I do understand that.
I will take all advice and use it! You guys are great! Thank you for being so positive with me. My next hurdle is to fight the state if Georgia for the officer giving me a ticket for something he didn't see. The officers I have spoken with here in alabama have told me that by that officer signing that ticket he was swearing to the fact that HE saw the accident . The officers I spoke with said that if the have a citation to someone in a situation like this officer did, they would be in trouble with their boss. If I win it will not be taken or change anything that has went on my file with ups. But as I told them, I wasn't fighting it for that reason. I was fighting it to have the points removed from my record. I did find out something interesting about the alcohol test....(here ya go OTHER SIDE)...I smoke and carry a small thing of listerine spray. About 30 min before my drug test I smoked a cig and out of habit sprayed my mouth. When the nurse arrived it hit me what I had done. I ask her if this would be a problem. YES it could be. She did the same a couple of weeks prior as a test and she blew a .003. Luckily it had been 30 to 40 min since I had sprayed my mouth and I blew a .000 that night! Same night as the accident . The results were immediate . This may be something to let others know.

Sent using BrownCafe App

busterbrownlady

And other side... Fill free to call my local union since you know so much!! Local 612! Awesome local!! And ups did call me! I have nothing to prove to you. I don't care who called me to be honest! I was called back. And GOD is always in control of my life. My management team was very nice to me. I am a hard worker and get alone well with both management and union. Attention seeker? Really? Your a fool! I want attention on a web site from people I've never met? Lol!!! What kind of crack are you on? if I want attention I'll jump on my Harley and do burnouts down the street! Not make up something as serious as losing my living! I believe in a thing called karma . You make up crap it will come back on you .

Sent using BrownCafe App

And other side... Fill free to call my local union since you know so much!! Local 612! Awesome local!! And ups did call me! I have nothing to prove to you. I don't care who called me to be honest! I was called back. And GOD is always in control of my life. My management team was very nice to me. I am a hard worker and get alone well with both management and union. Attention seeker? Really? Your a fool! I want attention on a web site from people I've never met? Lol!!! What kind of crack are you on? if I want attention I'll jump on my Harley and do burnouts down the street! Not make up something as serious as losing my living! I believe in a thing called karma . You make up crap it will come back on you .

Sent using BrownCafe App

Don't mind TOS. It's generally accepted he's full of it.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

It is not uncommon for UPS to terminate a driver involved in an accident with more than $4,400 in damage. It is also not uncommon for UPS to call the driver to let them know they have been reinstated.

Old International

Now driving a Sterling
UPS can and will fire you for rubbing two trailers together. It all depends on the whim of the safety officer, and if they want to make an example out of you. They know that you will get your job back, and they know that you will most likely get back pay also. We have shifters that zoom around all night long, with no safety belts on. That is supposed to get you a one way ride out the gate, but it never happens.

trickpony1

BBLady-
Follow the suggestions you have seen here.
I've been in feeders since 1981 so I couldn't possibly know anything.
You need to slow your happy :censored2: down. If you were in PC for any length of time, you need to realize that feeders are too big, too heavy and too long to whip around like a PC.
Good luck and don't do management any favors like, "...this is a hot load....we need it there quick".
Good luck and CYA.