accident in feeder

MC4YOU2

Wherever I see Trump, it smells like he's Putin.
We had a feeder driver terminated for unreported damage to an air hose. He was off for awhile but got his job back at panel. Yours sounds better than that to me. Keep positive, you may be idle awhile, but I also believe you will be brought back.

The Other Side

Well-Known Troll
Troll
The issue for me is the termination. Its an accident. It was reported, we were at fault. Big deal. Happens everyday somewhere in the USA.

Why the term? What was the justification? Damage?

Thats what insurance is for.

What kind of state laws do you have in Georgia? In California, we are indemnified against loss in an accident because the company carries insurance.

The only thing the company might terminate us for here, is gross negligence.

I havent heard what she was actually terminated for. The poster hasnt specifically mentioned this.

All she said was "im no longer a UPS employee".

This tells us NOTHING and all you crystal ball gazers are running around with theories and such and NONE of you have determined the reason for the termination.

Was it her third in 9 months? Was it a drug result? Was it an alcohol result? Was it gross negligence? How many accidents in her career in total?

SO many factors to consider, and yet, we know nothing.

FACT FIND my friends.

TOS.

busterbrownlady

"The other side"...I am trying very hard not to blast you! First off you jacka$$ , there is no one on here that can reinstate me so why would I lie on here !! My question was for info on what others have went through. I put it all out in the open so that I would know what to expect. Maybe lying is how you roll, but not me! Fishy about my story? ! Oh, by the way!!!!!! By the grace of God...I got a phone call reinstating me!!! I was getting on line to let everyone know that ups called. Thank you to everyone for your advice. Honesty is the best policy . I believe if it was fishy , I wouldn't be called back one day later after official termination.
Man , you got some nerve!!

Sent using BrownCafe App

joeboodog

good people drink good beer
"The other side"...I am trying very hard not to blast you! First off you jacka$$ , there is no one on here that can reinstate me so why would I lie on here !! My question was for info on what others have went through. I put it all out in the open so that I would know what to expect. Maybe lying is how you roll, but not me! Fishy about my story? ! Oh, by the way!!!!!! By the grace of God...I got a phone call reinstating me!!! I was getting on line to let everyone know that ups called. Thank you to everyone for your advice. Honesty is the best policy . I believe if it was fishy , I wouldn't be called back one day later after official termination.

Sent using BrownCafe App

Glad you got your job back. It fries my cookies the hell they put us through when you do everything right.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
Congratulations on your immediate reinstatement. You will be watched very closely from here on out. Take the time to do everything right. You know as a feeder driver, that you won't get beat up as much as say a package driver for being a little over allowed. Be careful. It always bothered me that it didn't matter if you were a 1 year driver or a 40 year driver, they would fire you knowing full well you would be back almost immediately. It's like it is a feather in their cap to be able to fire someone, especially someone with a lot of years. It amounted to an unpaid day off for you and a black mark on your record for any future disciplinary/termination incidents. You're one of the top drivers in your chosen profession. The best of the best. Good luck to you.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
The issue for me is the termination. Its an accident. It was reported, we were at fault. Big deal. Happens everyday somewhere in the USA.

What kind of state laws do you have in Georgia? In California, we are indemnified against loss in an accident because the company carries insurance.

I havent heard what she was actually terminated for. The poster hasnt specifically mentioned this.

This tells us NOTHING and all you crystal ball gazers are running around with theories and such and NONE of you have determined the reason for the termination.

Was it her third in 9 months? Was it a drug result? Was it an alcohol result? Was it gross negligence? How many accidents in her career in total?

FACT FIND my friends.

TOS.

Dude, maybe you missed her first post, where she pretty much lined out what happened. You read that, didn't you?

Do your fact finding there, then come back.

raceanoncr

Sent using BrownCafe App

Good for you! Congrats! No advice here just keep watching, is all.

Drove feeders for 30 of my 32 years, incident-free. Need tips...PM me. Be happy to help.

Dracula

Package Car is cake compared to this...
Congratulations on your immediate reinstatement. You will be watched very closely from here on out. Take the time to do everything right. You know as a feeder driver, that you won't get beat up as much as say a package driver for being a little over allowed. Be careful. It always bothered me that it didn't matter if you were a 1 year driver or a 40 year driver, they would fire you knowing full well you would be back almost immediately. It's like it is a feather in their cap to be able to fire someone, especially someone with a lot of years. It amounted to an unpaid day off for you and a black mark on your record for any future disciplinary/termination incidents. You're one of the top drivers in your chosen profession. The best of the best. Good luck to you.

Agreed. Listen to the old-timers. I'm only working on my fourth year in feeders. What I've learned is to latch on drivers with a lot of experience that walk the walk in regards to safety. You know, the ones who tend to bicker with management about every little thing. Actually, it's probably more accurate to say those drivers never really have to bicker w/management, because management knows these drivers are brick walls. Their priority is to drive safe, no matter what the performance page says.

I got lucky. In my second year, I locked on, and got befriended by a group of these kind of guys. And I will say, it wasn't always fun. If I did something dumb or careless, these guys never hesitated to ring me up when I screwed up. At first, it kind of unnerved me, because all of my years in PC, nobody ever jumped me like these guys did. But on the ride back, on the CB, they made sure the message received was about doing things by the book, for my own good. They were, and are, great guys. And I push along what they taught me, to younger drivers.

We all we would be better off if the company was filled with drivers like this. There are plenty of drivers on this forum like this too. People with experience. I'm always interested in what Cachsux says, because he's got a load of feeder experience. Sure, he's Class-A smart ass, but he's from my home town. What can I say?

BBLady, count yourself lucky that you didn't miss more time. Chalk it up to a lesson learned. I stand by my bubble driving. Keep the bubble around you AT ALL TIMES. You just can't drive this equipment like you drive your personal car. Just speaking for myself, in rush hour, I pick the middle lane, stick to it, and keep a HUGE following distance from me and the cars in front of me. Yeah, cars keep cutting in front of you. OK, it's part of rush hour. Just let them do their stuff, and keep on braking, getting off the gas, and keep that cushion.

Never let management's BS about on-property times, drive times, and arrival times make you push yourself. Let them write you up for being over-allowed, or late to a sort, WAY before you get written up, or--in your case--fired for getting in an accident.

Welcome back.

Slow and steady wins our race, sister.

retiredTxfeeder

cap'n crunch
As anyone who has worked both package car and feeders will tell you, it's like working for a whole different company. In some ways feeders relaxes rules. (grooming comes to mind) And they have their hot button topics...one week it might be pretrip time, another time its idle, another it's fw. Just look them in the eye and say you'll do your best to work on it. That satisfies the on road sup, because he had to talk to you and report back to his boss that he did so. You gave him positive feed back, so he's happy (well as happy as you're going to make them) Just don't take chances on the yard or on the road. The next week, it will be another topic and they will leave you alone and bother someone else. I spent my last 29 years in feeders and retired as a 34 year circle of honor driver. Like Dracula said up above, don't hesitate to ask someone on here a question if need be. Younger drivers can be the beneficiary of our experiences..

We all we would be better off if the company was filled with drivers like this. There are plenty of drivers on this forum like this too. People with experience. I'm always interested in what Cachsux says, because he's got a load of feeder experience. Sure, he's Class-A smart ass, but he's from my home town. What can I say?

Gee. Thanks for sugar coating it. lol

FACT FIND my friends.

TOS.

Or ,maybe, her management team are ducks. Just a thought.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sent using BrownCafe App

Imo, they fired you for their sadistic little pleasure. Here you would have at worst had to work in the hub for a few days for them to run a fine tooth comb over it. That being said they did you a favor. Know you know exactly what kind of people you are dealing with and can use that to your advantage. Show them how the game is played as far as driving by the book as far as safety as well as the laws.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Man , you got

Hell Yeah!!!!

Sent using BrownCafe App