According to Steve Bannon, Kari Lake is the “governor-elect of Arizona.”

Jiangshi

Heavily Moderated User, Loves Sailfish
That would be fine too. It looks like the Biden administration, by letting in millions of illegal immigrants and shipping them around the country, is looking to stack the deck with future Democratic voters.

You won't make States roughly equal without changing borders. Are you going to put millions into the smallest states? My proposal is based on logical combinations as well as division of the two biggest states by population.

We keep the House of Representatives at 435 seats due to the size restraints of the chamber. And redraw districts as evenly as possible as populations grow and decline with the lowest population states guaranteed 1 seat each. If you're going to add Puerto Rico and/or D.C. to statehood then why not realign state borders to keep 50 states? It works well with the vice-president there to break ties. There are people in Oregon who want to be part of Idaho and folks in California who want to form their own state. Why is it that Democrats want to add states to their benefit but aren't willing to listen to the will of the people in some areas who want to break away from state governments they feel aren't serving their needs?
I like the suggestions put forth in the Brookings link posted.

vantexan

Electoral College is meant to prevent elections being decided by a very few larger states and rendering the smaller states votes meaningless. It was a necessary compromise to unite all 13 colonies.

Still relevant today to prevent mob rule. We are a Republic. Not a Democracy.
I agree. But times change and some states aren't anything but glorified counties. Of course some of those combinations I proposed would eliminate some reliably Democratic senators and add more Republicans. Seems only fair since they're working to add 4 Democratic senators as well as overwhelm red states with new Democratic voters.

oldngray

nowhere special
Nope. The Tweet shown is not factual.

Jiangshi

I'm not familiar with AZ law. Are you?
A little bit, and that's not in it. Don't ask me to find something that isn't there.
Repeating the same lie doesn't make it fact.

The trial is ongoing, anything put out by a campaign is spin, at best, and outright lies, at worse.

Jiangshi

1671652785488.png