Added to my facebook account

AZbrownup

hello all
So I thought it would be funny to take a pic of the telematix "black box" and post it to my facebook account with the heading "big brother is watching"
some how my manager found out and threatened to fire me for taking pics of UPS property.
is this true? can he fire me for this?

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
You might want to talk to stevetheupsguy(stug). He got a mini vacation (7 days if I recall correctly) for taking pics of UPS property. I would not push that issue.:happy2:

PS Hey bro - in az tooo.

cheryl

I started this.
Staff member
You guys should take location specific personal info like this to private messages.

Just a suggestion... :peaceful:

Overpaid Union Thug

You might want to talk to stevetheupsguy(stug). He got a mini vacation (7 days if I recall correctly) for taking pics of UPS property. I would not push that issue.:happy2:

PS Hey bro - in az tooo.

Really? I didn't hear about that. I need to start coming to the forum more often. I don't see how UPS can get away with that.

hello all
So I thought it would be funny to take a pic of the telematix "black box" and post it to my facebook account with the heading "big brother is watching"
some how my manager found out and threatened to fire me for taking pics of UPS property.

Taking pictures of UPS property is not a cardinal sin. But to be safe I suggest that you de-friend any of your co-workers from you account. Or at least limit what they can see on your page.

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
hello all
He can fire you, but if the "black box" is in a "visible to all" location, it won't hold up, because that would mean anyone can take, or even, could have taken that picture. I got fired for taking pictures of my DIAD in funny places, sort of like the little garden gnome, LOL. What really ticked mgmt off was the picture I photoshopped of me hanging from the roof of a FedEx truck and a UPS pkg car that were backed up to each other. Where's the sense of humor?:wink2: Here's the link for the thread I started, which btw was fast becoming a Brown Cafe favorite. http://www.browncafe.com/forum/f6/where-oh-where-my-diad-213286/

Oh, the truth of the matter is that I'm one of few on here that are not anonymous, so if you want to do something, you'll have to be really good at cloak and dagger.

Really? I didn't hear about that. I need to start coming to the forum more often. I don't see how UPS can get away with that.

Taking pictures of UPS property is not a cardinal sin. But to be safe I suggest that you de-friend any of your co-workers from you account. Or at least limit what they can see on your page.
It depends on what is depicted in the picture.

UPS Lifer

I worked at an airport location and security at that location was called "Clean In - Clean Out". Everything was checked going in including cell phones and if you had a camera in your cell phone you could not bring it on property. Now - remember this was three years ago. I had to get approval for my phone from the Department Head of Security. As a manager, my job entailed taking pictures of processes and equipment for communication and training and I did work with the FAA as well. There were signs posted in the hub and airport facility warning about taking pictures. There is proprietary equipment and processes and you could get in real trouble depending what you are doing.... Is it really worth it?

stevetheupsguy

sʇǝʌǝʇɥǝndsƃnʎ
I worked at an airport location and security at that location was called "Clean In - Clean Out". Everything was checked going in including cell phones and if you had a camera in your cell phone you could not bring it on property. Now - remember this was three years ago. I had to get approval for my phone from the Department Head of Security. As a manager, my job entailed taking pictures of processes and equipment for communication and training and I did work with the FAA as well. There were signs posted in the hub and airport facility warning about taking pictures. There is proprietary equipment and processes and you could get in real trouble depending what you are doing.... Is it really worth it?
I totally agree, but I think that taking a picture of anything that is visible to the public eye, i.e. the lap belt, the bad load as seen from the rear with the rear door open or the supe driving the pkg car while on the phone, are all fair game I believe.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I totally agree, but I think that taking a picture of anything that is visible to the public eye, i.e. the lap belt, the bad load as seen from the rear with the rear door open or the supe driving the pkg car while on the phone, are all fair game I believe.

I disagree. Like it or not, when you put the uniform on, you represent UPS. What purpose would posting photos of a bad load or a sup talking on his cell phone with no seat belt on while sitting in a jump seat with the door open serve other than your own axe to grind? One of the first things I was told was to never bad mouth a competitor and to never do anything that would bring discredit upon UPS.

UPS Lifer

I disagree. Like it or not, when you put the uniform on, you represent UPS. What purpose would posting photos of a bad load or a sup talking on his cell phone with no seat belt on while sitting in a jump seat with the door open serve other than your own axe to grind? One of the first things I was told was to never bad mouth a competitor and to never do anything that would bring discredit upon UPS.

I think both points are valid. If you take a picture of something that is in public view you probably have a strong case as long as you were not doing it on the clock, however, I am sure there is something written somewhere that could be used against an individual who is jeopardizing business, competitive advantage and service to the customer... AND, if it can be proved that you are taking pictures while you are supposed to be delivering or loading, etc. now the company can make a case for stealing time... Like I said, is it really worth it?