AEPU

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
One of mine just switched to whatever they call it when you call in only when you have a pick up. I wouldn't be surprised if they are trying to get them all to switch to this.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I will have to check my P/U log today. I only have one AEPU and I always pick it up within the +/- 15 so it is not an issue.

Brownslave, the term you are looking for is smart pickup. I have two of those and am looking to convert another pickup.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
the smart pick ups really help you plan the day. If they want a pick up at 450,( they have to pick a time and it stays that time). Your board "should" alert you at 350. If they did not process anything by 350, it will be canceled from your log. I have 3, I love it>

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

the smart pick ups really help you plan the day. If they want a pick up at 450,( they have to pick a time and it stays that time). Your board "should" alert you at 350. If they did not process anything by 350, it will be canceled from your log. I have 3, I love it>

I had a pickup that rarely if ever sent out anything. I mentioned the smart pickup and the cost savings ($10/week rather than $20) and offered to make the phone call to start the conversion. I love hitting "accept".

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
I had a pickup that rarely if ever sent out anything. I mentioned the smart pickup and the cost savings ($10/week rather than $20) and offered to make the phone call to start the conversion. I love hitting "accept".
So do I, especially on Friday, have a great weekend!

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
I have 4 pickups. 3 were already smart pu's. The 4th one I just got switched over to a smart pu. Sweet. What I REALLY needed was AEPU's on all 4 of these. Not to be. It helps having them as smart pu's. I'm with iruh, I'll get there when I get there.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

OK, now I know what you are asking. You want to know why you can't have an AEPU on a Smart P/U. This would defeat the purpose of the Smart P/U.

Wouldn't it be easier to have the pickups changed to pickup and delivery or is that not an option? I have two pickups that are picked up when I make their delivery. They are both on campus (library and bookstore) and I do go back to the bookstore in the afternoon when they are shipping out their book orders at the beginning of each semester.

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
OK, now I know what you are asking. You want to know why you can't have an AEPU on a Smart P/U. This would defeat the purpose of the Smart P/U.

Wouldn't it be easier to have the pickups changed to pickup and delivery or is that not an option? I have two pickups that are picked up when I make their delivery. They are both on campus (library and bookstore) and I do go back to the bookstore in the afternoon when they are shipping out their book orders at the beginning of each semester.
When we first started the Smart Pickups we were told that we couldn't pick them up prior to the hour time limit but after that we could. Now I'm being told that I still have to make compliance (15 min window before/after). The Smart pickup, in and of itself, is beneficial to me since I can pretty much judge who is going to have pickups, early on in the day. The 15 minute window just screwed me. 3 of the 4 of my pickups are rural and not easy to make compliance on. If I try to maintain compliance then I am juggling sections of my rte, what areas I can deliver and what areas I need to skip to be there in the window. Plus balancing my business deliveries in the same areas. Now I am back to the IDGAF mode. :tantrumsmiley:

dilligaf

IN VINO VERITAS
We call those Make in Trace, but the crazy thing is you still have to close them during the compliance window to keep everyone happy. Smoke & Mirrors......
They'll get closed when I get there. I don't trust the sumbeaches to close them at any other location.

toonertoo

Most Awesome Dog
Staff member
We call them on area pick ups, I was also confused, but that happens alot.............
Anyhoo, I have given these people my phone number, my choice to keep them happy. To me it is worth it, so I pick them up when in area, and close them out, at the 15 +/- window. Everyone is happy with that. Since these people seldom ship, but want to use us when they do, they are more than happy if I cant get back as their hours are irregular, and sometimes non existent, in which case they are more than happy to meet me somewhere. It works. I dont trust them either, but Im servicing the customer, they are playing with the customer.

old levi's

blank space
They'll get closed when I get there. I don't trust the sumbeaches to close them at any other location.

I have already made the PU prior to closing it in the board, so I don't have a problem with it. If I have not gotten to them before the assigned window (even though it's make in trace) I will close it out in real time. (Late)