After knocking, how long do you wait

ManInBrown

happens to me all the time where they come out when they see I'm not leaving the package. My route is an affluent area with long walks to front door. Not a 1/4 mile long but a good 60-90 second walk back to truck. If they come out as I'm walking away I tell them start walking towards me. Packages get one attempt, if you want it meet me halfway. I'm not walking all the way back.

LeadBelly

Banned
I fill out the notice completely, do the service cross and walk back to the truck. This I feel is sufficient time. If I know someone is older I hang for special circumstances.

PASinterference

Yes, I know I'm working late.
If I know someone is home, I'll give them a couple minutes to get to the door. Elderly people can't sprint to the door and I take that into account. Call me old school but I remember when service was a priority with this company. I do things right and by the book, and my dispatch reflects that.

MrBates

New driver here trying to make book I appreciate the veteran responses

If your trying to make book you ring, knock, fill out service cross and infonotice while you wait. If they dont answer by the time your done, slap it on the door and keep the wheels moving.

If they answer after the infonotice is written out, have them sign the diad, give them the parcel with the infonotice stuck to it and politely ask them to disregard it and throw out the infonotice for you. Check Diad for next stop while you briskly walk back. Your startup routine should take no more than 3 seconds before your wheels move. Drive it like you stole it.

ManInBrown

If your trying to make book you ring, knock, fill out service cross and infonotice while you wait. If they dont answer by the time your done, slap it on the door and keep the wheels moving.

If they answer after the infonotice is written out, have them sign the diad, give them the parcel with the infonotice stuck to it and politely ask them to disregard it and throw out the infonotice for you. Check Diad for next stop while you briskly walk back. Your startup routine should take no more than 3 seconds before your wheels move. Drive it like you stole it.
Made book or not, I don't care. I don't like customers wasting my time. If I ring bell use your brain, I need you to sign.

CoolStoryBro

Cool story, bro.

I never get close enough to the door to knock. sprint until I'm about 15' away and throw the box. if it looks like no one is home I put the infonotice on a lamp post or the mail box. Nawmsayin.

Indecisi0n

Fake knock
Put blank info notice on door not filled out
Only lightly apply so glue doesn't stick and wind blows it away
NI1 and let the bid driver deal with it.

WorknLateHuh

happens to me all the time where they come out when they see I'm not leaving the package. My route is an affluent area with long walks to front door. Not a 1/4 mile long but a good 60-90 second walk back to truck. If they come out as I'm walking away I tell them start walking towards me. Packages get one attempt, if you want it meet me halfway. I'm not walking all the way back.

So you tell them, "Get over here if you want your package." ?? lol

Brownslave688

You want a toe? I can get you a toe.
If I need a signature for a resi I literally knock and ring and then count 30 Secs from my watch. Ni1.

There's was one house there were lights and a TV on. Didn't care ni1

Walked up to this house to hear obnoxiously loud rap music coming from inside. I got my info notice out before I was even at the door.
You not remember your training?

Knock

service cross the package

Knock again

Fill out info note and leave it

Return to package car.

Cementups

Box Monkey
Seriously, some of you guys are real d* when it comes to service. Do your job right or don't do it at all. You guys shortcut and then complain later because you get more stops. One day you'll figure out why.

pull up to curb with a nice double tap of the horn.
ring bell and knock on door
write proper service cross on package
fill out delivery notice
leave

it's really all that simple.

Last edited by a moderator: