After knocking, how long do you wait

brownIEman

I love it when customers call with the info notice tracking number and say, hey I was home all day and the the centers messages me telling me about it. My response is, yea I threw the info notice from the truck and it stuck to their door

As an ORS that was one of my favorites too. That customer call would come in at least twice a day if not more, some times a lot more. I'd have an OMS tell me driver so and so did not knock. "Was there an info notice?"

"Yes"

"Then he knocked"

By the time I quit I finally had the OMS' trained that no one walks all the way to a door and fills out an info notice without knocking.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality
d238ca3df765fd751a8d79bd4454f3de--vintage-medical-hearing-aids.jpg

DumbTruckDriver

Allergic to cardboard.
As an ORS that was one of my favorites too. That customer call would come in at least twice a day if not more, some times a lot more. I'd have an OMS tell me driver so and so did not knock. "Was there an info notice?"

"Yes"

"Then he knocked"

By the time I quit I finally had the OMS' trained that no one walks all the way to a door and fills out an info notice without knocking.
Those customers just kill me. Why would I go through all the trouble of walking to your door just to leave an info notice and run? I'm TRYING to get rid of your package.

BSWALKS

Fugitive From Reality

"Yes"

"Then he knocked"

You should have trained ours...

Bs, can you go back? Customer was home, says you didnt knock.

20170718_185606.jpg

brownIEman

Those customers just kill me. Why would I go through all the trouble of walking to your door just to leave an info notice and run? I'm TRYING to get rid of your package.

Exactly. One of my favorite ORS moments wss the morning I got a print out of a customer complaint with the note "customer very upset was home all day driver did not knock please review with Victor"
I looked at the adress and remembered it because I had been on a punch to punch OJS with Victor the day before. Didn't knock my eye. One of the times I wanted to call a customer and tell them they are effin lying. Didn't though - would have been a poor career move.
I did review with the driver though. Conversation went "Nice job Victor" if I recall correctly.

Poop Head

Judge me.
My favorite is deciding whether or not the door bell actually worked if i didn't hear it. I pushed it... Not my problem if it didn't ring, fix your :censored2:.
This is why I beat on the door like a mad rapist. Sometimes I'll go around the house banging on the windows too! Lmao

Covemastah

Hoopah drives the boat Chief !!
If theyd screwed me in the past , sneak on to porch quietly , no knock, no bell ,delivery notice pre filled out , slap on door and screw !

sailfish

Master of Karate and Friendship for Everyone
I knock/ring, then proceed to fill out the service cross. After a couple more seconds, I knock again and proceed to fill out the infonotice. I stick it, knock one last time, then wait just another second or two before leaving.

Faceplanted

I will tap my horn when I pull up if I need a signature. Walk to door, ring or knock, scan package, then start filling out the Infonotice. I will look for signs that somebody is home like a car in the driveway, TV/stereo on, smell static sheets if the clothes dryer is running. If no answer, slap Infonotice on the door and walk back to the car. I will look once more at the door as I pull away if it is something important like iced-down medicine. Other than that, tomorrow is another day if it doesn't go to an Access Point.
Unlawful use of horn in most states.

Covemastah

If theyd screwed me in the past , sneak on to porch quietly , no knock, no bell ,delivery notice pre filled out , slap on door and screw !
It was like an undercover covert mission , if a complaint was called in , attitude given or a driver follow up I knew they had !
Payback is a bitch

Covemastah

My favorite was when you could see people in the window as approaching the house , ring bell , knock , still won't answer , Del notice ,, then do a Carl Lewis sprint to the car and gone !!
If I had stop two or three houses down , I'd purposely go back later for those

SmithBarney

A good ol' solid knock with the diad in the crappier parts of town gets good reactions. Most often people thinking i'm the cops.

Yup, Knock like the place is on fire...some people complain, but it gets them to the door!

Knock and Ring Every house that needs a sign
Knock or Ring for regular deliveries

davidix

If it's no dr depending on the package I override and leave the box. If it's a its signature I wait but only for a few seconds. They have until I'm done filling out the info notice which I just check off what's necessary...i rarely out a name. It'll be a shame if the people do t know their own names.