after ups school

luckster

I'm getting ready to train on a FT route. I'm currently a PT air driver. I was told it can take more than 30 days to qualify bc not everyday you're asked to drive. My air driver supervisor told me that they'll keep my spot open for 30 days just in case. If qualifying for FT driver takes more than 30 days what happens to my air driver spot if for some reason I get DQ and my previous position is already filled by a newbie? What happens then? I worked for a year as a PT air driver. Does the PTO carry over when I go FT?

Indecisi0n

If you are currently an employee you should be considered a transfer. When you transfer over you have 30 days to try the new position and/or return to PT.

MECH-lift

Union Brother ✊🧔 RPCD
You will work 29 days then suddenly not be needed until they have no choice but to let u drive , 29 days means about 2 years

luckster

If you are currently an employee you should be considered a transfer. When you transfer over you have 30 days to try the new position and/or return to PT.
So that means I have option to return to EAM. What if they don't have any opening? What about my days off will that carry over when I transfer?

Indecisi0n

So that means I have option to return to EAM. What if they don't have any opening? What about my days off will that carry over when I transfer?
They cannot fill your previous spot until you give them notice you aren't going back or after 30 days. You need to check with local for days off. Most of the time vacations transfer but not your requested days off.

luckster

They cannot fill your previous spot until you give them notice you aren't going back or after 30 days. You need to check with local for days off. Most of the time vacations transfer but not your requested days off.
But what if it takes more than 30 days to qualify for the FT position because they don't let you drive everyday. What happens then? I heard it takes more than 30 days to qualify bc they only give # of days to drive in a week.

Will they keep my previous position open? Or do I need to wait until a position opens again?
Just had a PT air driver qualify FT driver in my building. They did not bid his job until he had qualified no matter how long it takes. The bid just went up yesterday and any PT who can be qualified to drive is eligible to sign it.

Airwoman18

I completely expect this to happen to me. I have found that this is a silly game that some people give up too soon. What ever it takes to qualify.

Wally

BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns
Don't do this...
2016-11-06-15-23-24--1369219114.jpg

AlliSeeisBrown

As far as your PTO, you won't lose it, but when you use it, you'll be paid at the rate at which you acquired it. So it will be at your PT rate, not your FT rate if you get there.

Utahloader

You can qualify before the 30 day mark, the contract says the max is 30 days, no longer. Talk to your steward, if he won't help you go above his head.

luckster

30 days to qualify. But I've heard they don't let you work a complete 5 days a week. Usually how many days do you work if you're qualifying. How long can they stretch the 30 days. I'm a transfer driver from PT EAM to FT cargo driver. Can it take 2-3 months to complete the 30 days or is their a rule that they have certain months for them to complete the 30 days? How unusual is it to qualify in 30 days? I'm in a busy center but not sure if they'll ask me to drive everyday for 30 consecutive days since I heard that supervisors can take their time to qualify a driver.
Thanks in advance for the input

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
What’s
30 days to qualify. But I've heard they don't let you work a complete 5 days a week. Usually how many days do you work if you're qualifying. How long can they stretch the 30 days. I'm a transfer driver from PT EAM to FT cargo driver. Can it take 2-3 months to complete the 30 days or is their a rule that they have certain months for them to complete the 30 days? How unusual is it to qualify in 30 days? I'm in a busy center but not sure if they'll ask me to drive everyday for 30 consecutive days since I heard that supervisors can take their time to qualify a driver.
Thanks in advance for the input
a cargo driver?