Agreement sucks? Well...whats our demands? "On Topic"

Hethatbeking

So the general census seems to be that the current hand shake agreement sucks. So what is the rank and file's counter offer?

Here's what I want:
-8.5 language that protects all drivers regardless of Seniority or progression point. (Unions like to brag about the forty our week. Time for the Teamsters to live up to the legend.)

-3 year progression: 1st year- $20.50, 2nd year- 25.00, 3rd year- Top scale.

-Yearly raises tied to inflation.

-Discounted restricted stock options (we are all USPERS right? We should all get a piece of the company.)

-$15\hr minimum wage for part time employees (FedEx paid me $12.85\hr in 2006, therefore anything less than $15 is pathetic)

-Tuition reimbursement for full and part time employees

-Locker rooms complete with showers. (Again FedEx offers theses amenities, so does the Tesla)

-Fans for the trucks cargo bay

-$100 voucher for work shoes (FedEx...oh nm you get the idea.

-Free socks! (Most important demand, non-negotiable)

Over disciplined0123

So the general census seems to be that the current hand shake agreement sucks. So what is the rank and file's counter offer?

Here's what I want:
-8.5 language that protects all drivers regardless of Seniority or progression point. (Unions like to brag about the forty our week. Time for the Teamsters to live up to the legend.)

-3 year progression: 1st year- $20.50, 2nd year- 25.00, 3rd year- Top scale.

-Yearly raises tied to inflation.

-Discounted restricted stock options (we are all USPERS right? We should all get a piece of the company.)

-$15\hr minimum wage for part time employees (FedEx paid me $12.85\hr in 2006, therefore anything less than $15 is pathetic)

-Tuition reimbursement for full and part time employees

-Locker rooms complete with showers. (Again FedEx offers theses amenities, so does the Tesla)

-Fans for the trucks cargo bay

-$100 voucher for work shoes (FedEx...oh nm you get the idea.

-Free socks! (Most important demand, non-negotiable)
Lol. Funny. Well today some guy at a pickup stop used a digital thermometer to check the temp in back of truck and it was 140 today. A 90 degree day .. That I believe constitutes a safety hazard How bout hazard pay also

Lol. Funny. Well today some guy at a pickup stop used a digital thermometer to check the temp in back of truck and it was 140 today. A 90 degree day .. That I believe constitutes a safety hazard How bout hazard pay also
What do you thing the temps get up to in a 53' Feeder trailer on the road all day? At least you get paid more then minimum wage and no benefits.

Bubblehead

My Senior Picture
Hey pal, you need to check your entire truck for misloads by 3pm.....140 degrees or not!!!

.....but make sure you hydrate???

RealPerson

Starting pay $15 an hour
4% or better pay raises
Keep the day after Thanksgiving
Tighter language on Hybrid Drivers AND SurePost
Benefits after 90 days, Make Benefits FREE again. (Guess this is on the Union, since it is under their control)
Opt in for over 8.5 hour days

km3

8.5 language that protects all drivers regardless of Seniority or progression point. (Unions like to brag about the forty our week. Time for the Teamsters to live up to the legend.)

Seems reasonable. I would add, that whether it's 9.5, 9.0, or 8.5, the grievances should apply towards penalty pay (using the language in Article 17--1/2 your daily guarantee for every pay period they don't pay the 9.5 penalty).

15\hr minimum wage for part time employees (FedEx paid me $12.85\hr in 2006, therefore anything less than $15 is pathetic)

I'm fine with $13.00. I just wish they would give catch up raises for current PTers.

Tuition reimbursement for full and part time employees

In my area, this isn't a contractual issue. It is offered out of the goodness of the company's heart to attract more workers.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Have their asses out in the 140 degree truck.... yeah right.

Last edited: