AH...Love the double time!!!!!

Jumperwire

Parceling the Fla coast
I just came home from my double time day (which in reality is triple time with the holiday) and I have to say that this company really know's how to throw away the money!!!! 6 of us worked, sat for most of the day talking. I got 11.5 hour's and didn't do a damn thing but make a few move's here and there. Not bad for a $1000 day!!! But might as well get it now because come Jan they will be kicking us out in 8hr's...

705red

Browncafe Steward
I just came home from my double time day (which in reality is triple time with the holiday) and I have to say that this company really know's how to throw away the money!!!! 6 of us worked, sat for most of the day talking. I got 11.5 hour's and didn't do a damn thing but make a few move's here and there. Not bad for a $1000 day!!! But might as well get it now because come Jan they will be kicking us out in 8hr's...
They make up the difference by paying straight time to everyone except for feeder and package, so when your milking it for double time, our ptimers and any air driver are working their tail off for regular pay! In case you thought everyone was making out today.

rod

Retired 22 years
I'll bet your wife likes you working double time more than you do.:happy-very:

local804

I have an idea if you like double time sooo much.
1. Monday morning report to work 4 hours early
2. Pick any boxline
3. start filling out supervisor working grievances and file with your steward.
4. add your name to a early am call list(FOR WHEN THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH DRIVERS)
5. Maybe with this blockbuster contract you can get even more money for the suits working.

Jumperwire

Parceling the Fla coast
They make up the difference by paying straight time to everyone except for feeder and package, so when your milking it for double time, our ptimers and any air driver are working their tail off for regular pay! In case you thought everyone was making out today.
Hey Red.... Next time you want to make a statement know what you are talking about..Here where I work ALL employee's that worked today were paid 2x plus the holiday that goes for part time and full time. I ought to know I am the steward here and I also had that put in our local supplement during our contract negotations in 2002....

local804

Hey Red.... Next time you want to make a statement know what you are talking about..Here where I work ALL employee's that worked today were paid 2x plus the holiday that goes for part time and full time. I ought to know I am the steward here and I also had that put in our local supplement during our contract negotations in 2002....

Feeder drivers, loaders and I am sure many other do have to work on Thanksgiving as it is concidered a Wednesday payday. There are alot of people that do work today and do not get the doubletime that I would get if I worked on Friday.

RockyRogue

Agent of Change
There are alot of people that do work today and do not get the doubletime that I would get if I worked on Friday.

I honestly feel bad for those that had to work today--double time or not. I needed some air and took a walk. I saw three UPS package cars in the hour I was out. Didn't speak to any of the drivers but the last car I saw went BLAZING by me in an almighty hurry. Probably headed back to the Hub and home to his family. HAPPY THANKSGIVING, UPS'ers!!! -Rocky

rushfan

Ran a trailer to a center near here, pulled back triple empties to our center (triples pay) went to the airport and waited for the airplane to land (caught up on some sleep while doing so), Caught up on some UPS gossip from some friends while waiting for the A-4 to be unloaded. I helped split the belt while it was being unloaded. Ran the A-4 back to the gateway, took a 28' flat back to the center. Got a call that one of our large shippers didn't have a drop frame spotted on their loading dock. Did that and got 9 Hours.

Cementups

Box Monkey
I have yet to volunteer for the day after Turkey in all of my 14 years. I can't imagine needing the money that bad to take away from my famliy time. I had been forced to work before but never volunteered. granted the extra cash is nice, but I don't need it.

browned_out

I have yet to volunteer for the day after Turkey in all of my 14 years. I can't imagine needing the money that bad to take away from my famliy time. I had been forced to work before but never volunteered. granted the extra cash is nice, but I don't need it.

Amen brother!!!!

PT Stewie

"Big Fella"
Good for you. I am not that fortunate Loop hole in the contract pays air drivers and support people straight time for the holiday . Have been fighting this battle for 10 years. Have not made the local supplement yet.Thanksgiving Friday,Christmas Eve,and New Years Eve handling packages until 830-9 PM for straight time. I corrected an air driver yesterday saying he was getting paid double.Told him people at home where getting same holiday pay as him and digesting their turkey while he was working for the same pay he gets every other day! My buddy however who worked with us as a part timer (with 5 kids )is now a full time driver just made top rate volunteered to work and got double---good for him!!!!

F

Fozzy

I couldn't turn the double time down since we need the $$$$$ bad!! We all know how they love to cut routes, therefore I didn't get to drive as much I need to this year.

BLACKBOX

Life is a Highway...

Yes, you are a good man! I need to spend time with family also, so this Thanksgiving weekend is really an important time. You devote so much time doing what you need to do to bring the bacon home, its easy to lose touch.

The Monday after Thanksgiving is the official start of peak for me, so enjoy the time off 'cause before you know it its "Go Time!".

Overpaid Union Thug

I wasn't forced to work this year like I have been since I've been driving. I was surprised. I guess there were enough volunteers this year. Plus I didn't sign up. At first I was kicking myself for not signing up and missing out on the double time+holiday pay but when I woke up Friday morning and realized I was still getting paid for 8 hours I felt a little better. What I don't understand is how some of the full-timers that signed up didn't get to work, yet, part-timers were forced to work?

Steward773

I have an idea if you like double time sooo much.
1. Monday morning report to work 4 hours early
2. Pick any boxline
3. start filling out supervisor working grievances and file with your steward.
4. add your name to a early am call list(FOR WHEN THEY DONT HAVE ENOUGH DRIVERS)
5. Maybe with this blockbuster contract you can get even more money for the suits working.

:yes: This is soooo true. At any time on any day you can do this in my building. The company will settle for about half at the first level. Screw the safe driving awards, the company bought me some really nice toys with grievance money!
:lol::lol::thumbup:

Brown Dog

Brown since 81
here, on thanksgiving friday, they cull from the parttimers first, then take volunteers from the fulltimers. friend-t's get paid double time plus their holiday pay. It's easy work for good money. I had 35 stops, 40 pkgs for 6 1/2 hours at dble time. :happy2:

Steward773

I wasn't forced to work this year like I have been since I've been driving. I was surprised. I guess there were enough volunteers this year. Plus I didn't sign up. At first I was kicking myself for not signing up and missing out on the double time+holiday pay but when I woke up Friday morning and realized I was still getting paid for 8 hours I felt a little better. What I don't understand is how some of the full-timers that signed up didn't get to work, yet, part-timers were forced to work?
Those full timers who signed up should file a grievance. They need to use all air drivers first, then ask for volunteers, then if they still need more they have to force from the bottom up. I totally agree with cement on this one. I used to work when I was younger and not married. Now, it's all about the family.