air driver combo delivering ground

derrick

Your Union stewards should be backing your grievance as it is a penalty against UPS for not hiring enough package car drivers and paying them top rate. My building uses PT and art 22.3 air drivers everyday to deliver ground and have no problem paying us top ground rate. Currently $36.89/hr. It is still a good deal for UPS as they are not paying into the FT pension plan or only using us as needed.

exactly and they was getting me to do it for 18.02 a hour from june 2018 to may 2019. I want my other half of my check. and I was working 50-54 hours a week.

RolloTony Brown Town

exactly and they was getting me to do it for 18.02 a hour from june 2018 to may 2019. I want my other half of my check. and I was working 50-54 hours a week.

I’d make sure the steward filed that grievance and I’d file every week it’s not paid for the penalty pay. You won’t see all of that money but the more times you file the bigger the settlement will be.

GameCockFan

File, you will get paid. Had a guy here that it happened to, got around 12k in backpay. Happened to me shuttling ground misloads the short time I went to 22.3 from a pkg car driver.

LarryBird

on leave and still no word back on my money
I have a couple questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them.

I'm curious about your statement regarding stewards from other buildings/locals calling you to 'remove the grievance in good faith'...Why are they doing this?..How do they know about it?..Who gave them your number?..etc.

Also why would you infer from this that you 'must have a really strong case' if they're calling you?

Why are you out on leave? Does it have anything to do with why you're all of the sudden filing this grievance?

Thanks in advance for any responses to my questions, and good luck getting your back pay. I hope you win and I hope you're able to get it from day one that the underpayment occurred.

derrick

I have a couple questions, if you wouldn't mind answering them.

I'm curious about your statement regarding stewards from other buildings/locals calling you to 'remove the grievance in good faith'...Why are they doing this?..How do they know about it?..Who gave them your number?..etc.

Also why would you infer from this that you 'must have a really strong case' if they're calling you?

Why are you out on leave? Does it have anything to do with why you're all of the sudden filing this grievance?

Thanks in advance for any responses to my questions, and good luck getting your back pay. I hope you win and I hope you're able to get it from day one that the underpayment occurred.

sure i can answer. well i filed with the shop steward in load that works inside. the manager called the driver shop steward and told him about it. he called me and said i should just drop it. the driver steward had my number because of paychecks when i first took the job. didn't get paid for 3 weeks.

because for the manager to call the driver steward about it to get it stopped instead of calling the steward that filed it to be stopped to me means i have a good case because i started looking it up after the call and its cut and dry in the handbook.

nothing to do with it. my daughter was born overseas so i went in FMLA if it wasn't the case i would be working right now.

but the business agent and management has my cell phone number and no call or update. before i left they said that they had to have a meeting with me, business agent, and management. no call yet about the meeting.

derrick

still no update on it. last i talked to the union they said there were going to set up a meeting. going to talk to the shop steward when i get back and if i get the run around going to the president of the union and the labor board.

derrick

UPDATE: well had a meeting 3 months ago and the labor manager said he was going to pull my delivery records to see the dates. the BA and labor manager said give them 2 weeks and after that the BA kept having meetings. fast forward 2 1/2 months and me calling the union 2 times a week and going down there twice a week the BA said me was getting a date with the labor manager and my manager to see about the dates and times. if I don't get a date by end of next week i'm calling the corpate union and my lawyer and just going to the labor board.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
UPDATE: well had a meeting 3 months ago and the labor manager said he was going to pull my delivery records to see the dates. the BA and labor manager said give them 2 weeks and after that the BA kept having meetings. fast forward 2 1/2 months and me calling the union 2 times a week and going down there twice a week the BA said me was getting a date with the labor manager and my manager to see about the dates and times. if I don't get a date by end of next week i'm calling the corpate union and my lawyer and just going to the labor board.

Hold up a minute

why was your daughter born overseas?