Alaska Drivers

Bigfoot

Hide & Seek Champion
I am curious how Alaskan drivers handle the winters with ice on the roads. Does a driver deliver the same amount of packages as if it were a normal work day? I hardly get snow where I’m from and couldn’t imagine having to work in it.

Cheers ,
Bigfoot.

silenze

Lunch is the best part of the day
Well here in Wisconsin they have zero time allowance for weather. Snow or not your getting the same amount of work. Same start time. Same time commitment

HEFFERNAN

Huge Member
Well here in Wisconsin they have zero time allowance for weather. Snow or not your getting the same amount of work. Same start time. Same time commitment
wisconsin_to_alaska_auto_transport.jpg

Box Ox

In the summer the Anchorage drivers can go play golf after a long day. Tee times as late as 8:00pm.

Lucky.

I dunno. They’re out there looking like meat lollipops to Alaskan grizzly bears who are just trying to save up for the return of the nearly year-round :censored2:ty weather.

rod

Retired 22 years
The only thing that didn't get done in winter was time studies. They saved those for beautiful spring and summer days.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
I have seen photos of four-wheel Drive Ford friend-350s with a little box on the back. I was talking to a buddy a long time ago that lived in a remote area in Alaska and a private contractor delivered UPS, FedEx, and DHL out of the same truck.

Rack em

Made the Podium
I have seen photos of four-wheel Drive Ford friend-350s with a little box on the back. I was talking to a buddy a long time ago that lived in a remote area in Alaska and a private contractor delivered UPS, FedEx, and DHL out of the same truck.
We have a couple of those but ours are F250s. They come in handy when the roads get crappy!

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
We have a couple of those but ours are F250s. They come in handy when the roads get crappy!
U guys and gals are lucky to have those and tire chains...

When I'm out there on the white powder/ slush/ ice, I pucker up more frequently that I wore out the driver seat:

DSC_0009.JPG