All the more reason to build more oil piplines in america...!

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, its a lot smarter to buy from the Middle East where people think that flying airliners into buildings full of people is alright.

BrownArmy

TOS was being flippant, but in this case, I agree with him.

Lets insource all the environmental degradation, oil spills, etc.

It's easy to get the oil from the Middle East, if by 'easy' you mean endless war.

We should take responsibility for our addiction to oil, and we should realize first hand the reality of squeezing oil out of the planet...it's messy and environmentally disastrous.

So, why not?

Frack away!

Let's get away from foreign oil and instead feed our addiction by raping and ruining our own land: hey, at least that's honest.

And when the water table is completely ruined, so what?

Actually, the French own A LOT of our water supply, so we'll just be ruining the water supply that they own.

Look it up.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
Yeah, its a lot smarter to buy from the Middle East where people think that flying airliners into buildings full of people is alright.
If by "people" you mean more than one person, your statement is correct. However, it comes off as an extremely ignorant and bigoted statement the way you wrote it. I'm sure you probably didn't mean it like that though......

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
The word "people" usually means plural, I glad that your brilliance caught that. Ignorant and bigoted? You don't have a clue.

Back to the thread topic. I have three petroleum pipelines running across a corner of my property. The Plantation Pipeline Company bush hogs it twice a year and flies over frequently to check it out. They don't want a drop to leak anymore than I do. Its buried about fifteen feet down, I don't worry about it one bit. They also run a "pig" down it every once in a while to check it out from the inside.

DriveInDriveOut

Inordinately Right
The word "people" usually means plural, I glad that your brilliance caught that. Ignorant and bigoted? You don't have a clue.
The word "people" followed by "in the middle east", usually is used to stereotype an extremely large group of people. That often makes someone who uses that phrase come across as ignorant and bigoted. Like I said, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that.....

upsgrunt

The word "people" followed by "in the middle east", usually is used to stereotype an extremely large group of people. That often makes someone who uses that phrase come across as ignorant and bigoted. Like I said, I'm sure you didn't mean it like that.....

So what if he did intend that. Is he not entitled to his opinion just as someone who would say something to the effect of all home-schooled kids are ignorant?

C'mon, can't people on BC get along? And by people I mean people not "people" so "people" should just shut up about it and not be one of those kinds of "people".

moreluck

golden ticket member

The "people" who practice over bearing political correctness are more politically incorrect than anyone.

People, inhabitants, residents, indigenous livers,........we have a word for more than one person....it's people !! Would you want Streisand to sing....."Residents, residents who need residents are the luckiest residents in the world........"