Allowances Changed??

pris24601

Have my allowances changed on the DIAD 6 and does anyone have a ACTUAL explanation of why or how to get them back to normal??? I know the old DIAD would modify the plan day based on when I hit stop complete, etc, but who has experience with that in the new DIAD?

542thruNthru

Have my allowances changed on the DIAD 6 and does anyone have a ACTUAL explanation of why or how to get them back to normal??? I know the old DIAD would modify the plan day based on when I hit stop complete, etc, but who has experience with that in the new DIAD?
Why do you care? Through out your career your allowances will change almost yearly. Just go to your job and collect a pay check.

pkgdriver

I dont think the DIAD 6 has any correlation to your allowances nor the DIAD 5.
How do you know that the DIAD 5 would modify the plan day?
The 6 will make you 15-45 min slower though.

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
Why do you care about their made up numbers

Thebrownblob

Why do you care? Through out your career your allowances will change almost yearly. Just go to your job and collect a pay check.
Yearly? They put codes on my allowance sometimes weekly and then finally permanently in the unit number. IDGAF.
Just know this company is dishonest anytime they’re talking about numbers, and it will make your life so much simpler.

Brownwind

Appreciate your willingness to chase after a bouncing ball. Unfortunately in literally three plus decades no one has ever explained to me the formula these numbers come from. Stay safe, protect the shield on your truck and protect the reputation of all in your work group.

Numbers…. Seriously.. just saying never read about them in the contract. Do your best and promote the business. You got this.

Hot Carl

Who gives a :censored2:? Show up on time, don't lie, don't steal, don't hit stuff, and you have a job.

I can literally count on one hand the amount of times I've checked my numbers in the last two years. I actually enjoy the harassment over it now just because of the look on their faces when they realize that I never check it and don't care.

zubenelgenubi

I'm a star
I think OP is simply talking about the route order as determined by Orion, and how his itinerary updates more often on the Diad 6 than it did on the Diad 5. While this has nothing to do with over or under allowed, Orion can be adjusted for a realistic SPORH. When that is entered incorrectly, and stop count is too high, Orion can't come up with a good plan, and updates constantly. Yes, according to @TearsInRain, this can be adjusted.

KearsargeCoop

Baseball, dart board
I think OP is simply talking about the route order as determined by Orion, and how his itinerary updates more often on the Diad 6 than it did on the Diad 5. While this has nothing to do with over or under allowed, Orion can be adjusted for a realistic SPORH. When that is entered incorrectly, and stop count is too high, Orion can't come up with a good plan, and updates constantly. Yes, according to @TearsInRain, this can be adjusted.
I'm with ya here. I feel like the 6 is "less capable" of providing worth while itinerary updates than 5 was.

pris24601

This is helpful. Thank you. Do you have a post where @TearsInRain explains this? I want to be able to explain this to management without being vague. Is my PDS in charge of this or is this way above their head?

oldngray

nowhere special
Yearly? They put codes on my allowance sometimes weekly and then finally permanently in the unit number. IDGAF.
Just know this company is dishonest anytime they’re talking about numbers, and it will make your life so much simpler.
They can go through with their magic pen and adjust your allowances at any time. The union doesn't recognize those numbers and neither should anyone else. You can't cry if you suddenly aren't getting the bonus they never had to pay you in the first place. I'm surprised anyone still makes bonus with how screwed up things have gotten.