Almost DQ’d

BucsGuy

im waiting to be trained on a route. So they’ve been having me come in to drive AIR every morning. Today was my third day alone. All my AIRS have been on time. Today when i stopped at my first stop. I realized I forgot to scan DVIR. And put in my miles. I called me sup. And he was furious. He told me one more screw up and I’m done. Can he DQ me for forgetting that?

Coldworld

60 months and counting
im waiting to be trained on a route. So they’ve been having me come in to drive AIR every morning. Today was my third day alone. All my AIRS have been on time. Today when i stopped at my first stop. I realized I forgot to scan DVIR. And put in my miles. I called me sup. And he was furious. He told me one more screw up and I’m done. Can he DQ me for forgetting that?
Your Onroad sup can’t make a decision to save his/her life... they can’t decide if you are going to get DQ or not..... that is way above his pay scale....

Coldworld

60 months and counting
Sup needs bitch slapped back to pt where he most likely came from....

Methods say otherwise. That is part of the pretrip
Missing scanning your vehicle/miles is only on part of a pretrip. And the least important. If happens quite often when you go into vehicle, you MUST put numbers in to exit. So you cannot change the name or get Edd until you put in random numbers. Therefore you are not prompted to put in your miles later when you actually do your pretrip.

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Missing scanning your vehicle/miles is only on part of a pretrip. And the least important. If happens quite often when you go into vehicle, you MUST put numbers in to exit. So you cannot change the name or get Edd until you put in random numbers. Therefore you are not prompted to put in your miles later when you actually do your pretrip.
In real life yes. But frigid is a supe telling you what ups considers to be a complete pretrip. So rookie not scanning and entering miles means he didn't do a complete pretrip as far as ups is concerned.

In real life yes. But frigid is a supe telling you what ups considers to be a complete pretrip. So rookie not scanning and entering miles means he didn't do a complete pretrip as far as ups is concerned.
Yes, forgetting your mileage is quite common do to that diad software glitch.

Last edited:

Coldworld

60 months and counting
You are suppose to check for play in the steering wheel and brake lights and marker lights are working... how many guys turn on the windshield wipers and check the fluid levels when it’s sunny out in the morning??? Very few guys do a decent pretrip...

Last edited:

sandwich

The resident gearhead
Yes, forgetting your mileage is quite common to to that diad software glitch.

You are suppose to check for play in the steering wheel and brake lights and marker lights are working... how many guys turn in the windshield wipers and check the fluid levels when it’s sunny out in the morning??? Very few guys do a decent pretrip...

I'm one of those who does a terrible pre trip.

Coldworld

60 months and counting
I'm one of those who does a terrible pre trip.
I drove the same pkg car every day so I knew if there was something going wrong and didn’t care if it went in the shop... usually just checked horn, wipers, heater/ defrost damage to mirrors /body, kicked the tires and checked both doors ....always looked the car over really good pre and post trip because I had found things that were bent scratched that the car wash did after I got out on route ....on road knew I would pimp slap him if he gave me any attitude about texting him at 11am saying I found a dent in the truck and I didnt do it....

sandwich

The resident gearhead
I drove the same pkg car every day so I knew if there was something going wrong and didn’t care if it went in the shop... usually just checked horn, wipers, heater/ defrost damage to mirrors /body, kicked the tires and checked both doors ....always looked the car over really good pre and post trip because I had found things that were bent scratched that the car wash did after I got out on route ....on road knew I would pimp slap him if he gave me any attitude about texting him at 11am saying I found a dent in the truck and I didnt do it....
I drive the same car everyday too. And it's fairly new. My care level on stupid stuff with this company are at an all time low.