Already laughing At Peak

It will be fine

I've hired drivers, the ones x told me were ok to hire, not the ones I wanted to hire. How come they are paying for the background checks? Shouldn't you pay for them? Why do they have the right to check how I pay my workforce? Can you give an example of one of your issues with x?
I have no idea why they pay for background checks, drug tests, physicals, but I'm not going to complain when someone else picks up the tab.
I think they over step wildly with their audits of our company finances. They shouldn't have any right to see my books. It's their boxes and if I want to deliver them I have to jump trough their hoops. Everything I do is on the up and up so I don't really care but it's ridiculous. They act like a nanny state and treat us all like idiot truck drivers.
Their safety culture is a steaming pile of stinkies. I can't get through a week without them hassling me to call one of my drivers about some inane nonsense that could easily be handled the next morning. They get all pissed off when I say I'm not calling the guy driving a truck. Hands free or not, any phone call while driving is dangerous.
They micromanage everything with stupid reports and give their people no leeway.
Our incentive system is junk. Just pay me properly for the pieces and there won't be any issues with pickup windows. The CPC lies and fabricates stories to charge us for pickups.
Need more examples?

bbsam

Staff member
I have no idea why they pay for background checks, drug tests, physicals, but I'm not going to complain when someone else picks up the tab.
I think they over step wildly with their audits of our company finances. They shouldn't have any right to see my books. It's their boxes and if I want to deliver them I have to jump trough their hoops. Everything I do is on the up and up so I don't really care but it's ridiculous. They act like a nanny state and treat us all like idiot truck drivers.
Their safety culture is a steaming pile of stinkies. I can't get through a week without them hassling me to call one of my drivers about some inane nonsense that could easily be handled the next morning. They get all :censored2: off when I say I'm not calling the guy driving a truck. Hands free or not, any phone call while driving is dangerous.
They micromanage everything with stupid reports and give their people no leeway.
Our incentive system is junk. Just pay me properly for the pieces and there won't be any issues with pickup windows. The CPC lies and fabricates stories to charge us for pickups.
Need more examples?
Up until a couple weeks ago, I completely agreed. Now with the NLRB ruling about "co-employees" I'm not so sure. That all seems to make their "degree of control" seem legitimate.

bacha29

Mr. IWBF. As for auditing your private payroll records. Can you identify for me the specific rule of law that grants x a publicly traded company the unincumbered right to audit the payroll records of a private corporation that simply performs tasks under contract to X? When I was audited I asked the same question. They could not answer that question . Moreover there are no defined limits as to how far and how deeply they can dig into your private affairs. Those payroll records are a matter for you , your employees, the I.R.S. the departments of labor and revenue in the state in which you live. . As long as your records and payment history are to the satisfaction of those agencys, that's all that matters. As I said before what little a contractor has control over is petty and inconsequential compared to the scheme of things . Here is the good part. Ask yourself just what is X looking for with regard to your operating results and how your paying your guys? It's stareing you right in the face. They want to see how much downward pressure they can put on settlements without raising the risk of a wholesale contractor capitulation. There is simply no other reason for them to be invlved in the matter

It will be fine

Bacha, there's no law granting them the right. It is however in the agreement I signed with them. I've agreed to provide documentation of my compliance with applicable laws.
They claim they gather the info to provide to the states that everything is kosher. I agree with you that is not the sole motivation for it. They like to know the going wage in the area for their own negotiations. I'm not entirely sure they are competent enough to use that data though. As far as I can tell the negotiation department is a bunch of rejects from operations, probably couldn't even hack it in safety. They put them there and say follow the script, these are the numbers.

I Am Jacks Damaged Box

***** Club Member (can't talk about it)
As far as I can tell the negotiation department is a bunch of rejects from operations, probably couldn't even hack it in safety. They put them there and say follow the script, these are the numbers.
bQ9b6yl.gif

bacha29

What fool is going to believe that. The I.R.S. and the local and state revenue departments have their own auditors and field agents. If there is anything in question they go to the employer first through a correspondence audit. If not satisfied they call you in for a face to face audit. In the end they send out a field agent. It's a long, long, way down the road before they go to X to get them to do their bidding because X has no prosecutorial powers or any liability of any sort. It is simply command and control take to unprecedented extremes.