Already laughing At Peak

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
e profit just isn't worth the risks involved with hiring temp help. I don't see making clearing an extra 3 grand as worth gambling on possible tow bills, wrecks, etc.

Read more: http://www.browncafe.com/community/threads/already-laughing-at-peak.366147/page-3#ixzz3lfUAJdBl

Oh, I meant to imply that the hub has to back up those work areas that are over the max limits... Thus hiring backup help via temp agencies.

Of course u have the right to refuse the extra volume; u know the limits of your drivers.

1 hub I know of has now started posting for hourly help & that's probably where I'm heading to/ they're gonna pay me OT if they want me on the road until 2200 or later... Not like what I'm getting from my current contractor.

If that hub fails to have contingency plans to back the contractors, then they'll lose their bonus pay, eh???

dezguy

I guess so... So if the contractors' drivers starts bringing back DNAs, FedEx will have to step in to help? Our volume is at peak levels now... I almost dna'd 30 stops & will had to log out close to 2330, but a neighboring driver from the same corp gave me some help. We split the remaining 40 and both clocked out at 2200...

Another driver next to me is burning out... This contractor gotta learn to not set us up to fail & hire more drivers now
They already divert Ground volume to Express during peak up here, like we don't have enough to do ourselves.

OrioN

double tap o da horn dooshbag
They already divert Ground volume to Express during peak up here, like we don't have enough to do ourselves.

Ah, so that's why your power pads can scan ground barcodes, while our powerpads can't scan express barcodes.

. I keep getting chased down by customers willing to give me those envelopes. I told them that's "airmail" do u need them on the plane by tonight??? If they say nah, its just a returns packet or no rush, I'll swing it over to a drop box or flag down an express driver while on-the-road.

dezguy

Ah, so that's why your power pads can scan ground barcodes, while our powerpads can't scan express barcodes.

. I keep getting chased down by customers willing to give me those envelopes. I told them that's "airmail" do u need them on the plane by tonight??? If they say nah, its just a returns packet or no rush, I'll swing it over to a drop box or flag down an express driver while on-the-road.
We can scan ground barcodes but any packages we get from them have an express astra label over top of the old ground one.

bacha29

This peak season could end up being X's Dien Bien Phu. But before that happens X will be dragging in people you never saw before in your life, marginally qualified then hand him to you and say "here's your new guy, put him in one of your trucks and pay him".

Bounty

This peak season could end up being X's Dien Bien Phu. But before that happens X will be dragging in people you never saw before in your life, marginally qualified then hand him to you and say "here's your new guy, put him in one of your trucks and pay him".
Sounds like peak since I could remember and after he fails x takes your bonus. Even though I could not hire the guy I wanted because he did not meet x qualifications I had to hire the dummy that x says is ok. Sounds like I really owned my own business. What a joke!!!

STFXG

Nobody made you hire them. X always runs a few guys through the system in the case of an emergency. You could always find someone else that was qualified and wait a week for their background to go through.

Bounty

Nobody made you hire them. X always runs a few guys through the system in the case of an emergency. You could always find someone else that was qualified and wait a week for their background to go through.
The problem is I could not hire the guy I knew and trusted. My guy was qualified for "my business" but x said I could not use him. I know you will defend x until the end, but somewhere in your warped thinking you know I'm right!

It will be fine

The problem is I could not hire the guy I knew and trusted. My guy was qualified for "my business" but x said I could not use him. I know you will defend x until the end, but somewhere in your warped thinking you know I'm right!
You can train your own guys now without any experience. What qualification did your guy not meet? Was he a sex offender?

Bounty

You can train your own guys now without any experience. What qualification did your guy not meet? Was he a sex offender?
Just the fact that you have to say "you can train your own guys now" if it's my business why could I not always do this. X is still telling you who is allowed to drive your truck in "your business". If it's my business shouldn't I be the one who determines this not x?

It will be fine

Just the fact that you have to say "you can train your own guys now" if it's my business why could I not always do this. X is still telling you who is allowed to drive your truck in "your business". If it's my business shouldn't I be the one who determines this not x?
So a sex offender. They're not allowed in schools or near parks, makes it hard to do the job.

bacha29

Guys do you want to know how hard it is getting to find people X deems qualified? One of the reasons I packed it in is that afew weeks from now I will have to have both hip joints replaced. Despite knowing that the terminal still holds out the hope that I will be recovered enough to help out this peak as a temp. This will likely be the last year X will put agency hired temps out there at x expense. From that point going forward it's all going to be on the contractor to have xtra trucks and manpower standing by to go out on a moments notice any time there is a volume spike in that contractors area.In my neck of the woods you simply do not have a population base to draw from. Furthermore nobody is going to wait around in the morning waiting for a call that may or may not come.The disparity between the value x offers and the value it will demand in return will continue to grow ever wider. wider.