altered company uniforms

Z

ziffle

Anyone heard of UPS ordering UPS shorts that are a couple of inches below the knee to accomodate the religious beliefs of the drivers? I heard of this practice in Idaho or Utah.

T

trickpony1

LMAO!
When has the company given a flip about someone's religious preference?
When has the company exerted itself to accomodate anyone?
You have got to be kidding!

A

air_upser

Well, I know in Corporate the appearance guidelines (facial hair, etc) are adjusted for religious beliefs. We have quite a few with big shaggy beards.

D

dannyboy

Why not just cut off some long pants instead of making special pants.

I did that with two pair that had damage to the leg portion. Cant hardly tell.

d

S

susiedriver

Dboy,

How the heck did you do damage to the lower portions of the pant legs? Wading in ponds?

You're not using them outside of UPS are you?

ziffle,

Does a particular Mormon sect require that the knees be covered? In my limited experience, I can only think that UPS would say wear long pants; shorts are optional, and not required.

I have not known UPS to accommodate anyone for any reason, religious or otherwise.

M

moreluck

susie....the Mormon garment might hang below the shorts level. A fashion idea picked up by Shaq himself.

T

trickpony1

"Well, I know in corporate...." does that mean the ivory towers in atlanta? If so, then why wouldn't it constitute discrimination to not allow everyone of certain religious belief to grow facial hair?
OOPS! I forgot....double standard.

D

dannyboy

Susie

Dogs think I taste good. And their teeth can sometimes shred pants very well.

And the second one was trotting to a house after dark. Hard to see a barb wire strand hanging loose from the rest of the fence. Actually it was on the way back down that it snagged me and flipped me. Did a real number on the seam and around the knee.

Could not see wasting the pants and sending them back to be destroyed, and since my wife has a knack for sewing......

And I had worn them in to where they were comfortable.

d

Y

yeldarb

I am in Utah. There are "mormon shorts", however, they only go the knee. they are about 2 inches longer than the normal short. Anyone however can order them, they just need to specify "mormon shorts" on the order form.

T

toonertoo

Are you serious?? About Mormon shorts?????
Then I want Daisy DuKes, I am a southern baptist.
And that would be 1 inch below the butt cheek, and about 1 ft above the knee.

(Message edited by toonertoo on September 22, 2005)

W

wornoutupser

Hey Tooner,
I think your idea would goover great down here in Florida-wanna try it?? :-)

S

speeddemon

and I want holes cut out in the rear of mine, and filled in with clear plastic.

Y

yeldarb

I dont know if they were made specifically for mormons or not, or just because the trend is leading towards baggier, longer shorts, but UPS does provide them. Most people around here get them, mormon or not, because they feel more comfortable. They arent so tight on the thighs.

T

toonertoo

It was a joke, the daisy dukes, there I am being facetious again.

(Message edited by toonertoo on September 23, 2005)

D

dannyboy

I dont know tooner, I hear you are quite the sex symbol!
daisy.gif

d

H

hr_guy

tooner, i know you were kidding around about the daisy dukes, i was playin' along with ya!
happy.gif