altered company uniforms

Z

ziffle

Thats it, I'm starting a church of daisy duke. Just what you all want to see....a bunch of feeder drivers in the northwest running around with brown daisy dukes on!

D

dannyboy

Not with the feeder types we have here. The mental anguish it would cause. Like seeing a 500 pound person in a thong.
confused.gif

mric3

tried to get them in so cal
they said no
tried to file a greivance
the union said I needed a letter on stationary from my mormon church stating that I was a member in good faith

they don't believe I'm a mormon
didn't know I needed to tell them

satellitedriver

Are you serious?? About Mormon shorts?????
Then I want Daisy DuKes, I am a southern baptist.
And that would be 1 inch below the butt cheek, and about 1 ft above the knee.

(Message edited by toonertoo on September 22, 2005)
In my day those were called hotpants, and they were. It's about time for them to come back in fashion just like hip huggers, which are now called lowriders.
How about catholic shorts? Built in knee pads, because we have to do so much kneeling. Burca(sp) shorts for the Islamic UPS woman to wear over their faces. ECT.... Pick your religion and then pick your UPS uniform.
What a concept!

moreluck

golden ticket member
Mormon Garments.....

Garments are a symbolic gesture of the promises that Mormons have made to God. The garment is always worn under other clothing, next to the skin. In fact, for most people who wear it, the garment takes the place of regular underwear. Mormons begin wearing it during their first visit to the temple, wherein they receive individual instruction on how the garment should be worn and cared for, and furthermore, they undergo a sacred ceremony called the temple endowment. Solely during this ritual, additional special clothing is put on; by contrast, the garment or special underwear is worn at all times, both day and night, from then on. It serves as a constant reminder of the covenants made during the temple endowment.
Mormons believe in being "in the world, but not of it," and the garment helps in privately yet consistently setting temple-going Mormons apart from the world. A particularly sharp contrast is felt in today's society, where morals and modesty have deteriorated to a most horrific degree. Many moviemakers and clothing manufacturers, for example, design their respective products to reveal so much of the human body that virtually nothing is left to the imagination. Mormons, on the other hand, are encouraged through the modest length and cut of their temple-got garments to always dress appropriately. Devout Mormons further understand that in only a very few instances might the garment be removed, such as for swimming, using the bathroom, or being intimate in marriage. The reasons for keeping the garment on far outweigh the reasons for taking it off.
The special Mormon underwear consists of a top and bottom piece, and it is made from a variety of lightweight fabrics. There are some special colored temple garments that can be worn by members of the armed services, but for the vast majority of Mormons, garments are always white. This symbolizes physical and spiritual purity. It fosters a mindset of continual obedience to the Lord, which is crucial in keeping the covenants entered into in the temple. Through such obedience, a person can find physical and spiritual protection. The Lord God is enabled to grant promised blessings, fulfilling His side of the temple covenants. Thus, the garment is sacred to the wearer not for what it is, but for what it represents. The garment helps the wearer to focus his or her life on Jesus Christ and to thereby lay claim to the blessings promised to those who do so.

scratch

Least Best Moderator
Staff member
ever get your longer shorts stuck on the stick shift as you leave the seat:tongue_sm

I'm thankful I finally got an automatic, one could easily rack himself up if you got out of the seat and turned to the bulkhead door too fast with the height of certain floor shifters!:w00t:
I have also gotten my short- sleeved shirt caught in the door handle while stepping out of the Package Car, feels like you are ripping your shoulder off.:oops:

satellitedriver

I'm thankful I finally got an automatic, one could easily rack himself up if you got out of the seat and turned to the bulkhead door too fast with the height of certain floor shifters!:w00t:
I have also gotten my short- sleeved shirt caught in the door handle while stepping out of the Package Car, feels like you are ripping your shoulder off.:oops:
Been there. I felt like the scarecrow from the wizard of oz while I tried to get my feet on the ground.

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball
Actually, I would love some longer shorts. The ones I have now keep getting hung up on the shifter....Time to start cutting the pants and having the wife hem them:cool:

The Brown Santa

Ping Pong Ball

Yep, had that happen this summer, was delivering box of Staples copy paper, ya know about 50 pounds:thumbup1: Sleeve got hung on the door on the way out, and gravity did the rest. Learned my lesson that day.

ncamara

Yep, had that happen this summer, was delivering box of Staples copy paper, ya know about 50 pounds:thumbup1: Sleeve got hung on the door on the way out, and gravity did the rest. Learned my lesson that day.
Same with me. Once you're moving with a big heavy box, there's no stopping you, not until you've ripped a big hole in the sleeve.

Slothrop

Hope that lesson learned was to never step out of the truck with anything in your hands. Place the package(s) and DIAD on the steps, use the handrail to get out, and then
grab the package. Your knees will thank you.

Cementups

Box Monkey
One of our ol drivers was Mormon and he simply had some pants hemmed up into below the knee shorts. UPS had no problem with it.