Am a new FT driver

charmschool

Haven't yet been to UPS driving school where I assume some of these questions will be answered but in the meantime:
1. My shift will be M-friend, how does a driver schedule appointments, like doc visit, that happen during normal business hours? Or other normal life business items like getting a car registered and sitting in motor vehicle department? What about taking dog to vet or emergencies?
2. What is requirement for female driver attire and hair?
3. My brother said he just received a couch via UPS and that he helped the driver off load it. Geez. What happens when a package is clearly too big for one person to handle?
4. What happens if the truck breaks down on route?
5. Do driver's change their own tires if flat? I've changed flat tires but can't imagine jacking up a big 'ol UPS truck.
Thanks in advance! Excited for this new career.

GenericUsername

As far as the driver attire goes, you wear the same browns as everyone else. You can have long hair, just gotta put it up under a hat/bun/keep above collar. If the truck breaks down/gets a flat/overheats/etc, all you do is call it in and sit and wait. Nothing you can do about it.

charmschool

1 you have no life Monday through Friday

No really, you must have to deal with some life stuff, how do you make it happen? I'm coming from another intense M-friend job where it was difficult to take time for doc appointments or whatever so I'm used to it being hard, but it wasn't impossible.

charmschool

As far as the driver attire goes, you wear the same browns as everyone else. You can have long hair, just gotta put it up under a hat/bun/keep above collar. If the truck breaks down/gets a flat/overheats/etc, all you do is call it in and sit and wait. Nothing you can do about it.
Cool, thx

burrheadd

KING Of GIFS
3514AD59-3E0F-44D7-89CF-4E675CC90518.gif
how come the first thing every noob wants to know is how to get out of working?

Bonbon

Well behaved women rarely make history
Many docs and dentists offer early or late appointments. As far as other errands if you have a husband he might have to help to do some of those things. I don't think my husband has been to the DMV for years, well since he renewed his license I suppose.

charmschool

Many docs and dentists offer early or late appointments. As far as other errands if you have a husband he might have to help to do some of those things. I don't think my husband has been to the DMV for years, well since he renewed his license I suppose.
Thanks! And no husband, divorce finalized yesterday. Worth every difficult future moment getting to the DMV though. :)