amazon and saturdays?

moreluck

golden ticket member
Busy work?

567760782380752a0d10c7da979fa12b.jpg

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
My SIL and his friends own a maple sugar business that I am trying to get involved with. My son tells me to do my homework before investing any time and/or money as he thinks it is more of a hobby than a business.

How many trees do they tap?

I hope you realize that the sugar season is six weeks of intensive work. And that a dry year or a warm spring can wipe your season out.

Orion inc.

I like turtles
Mine as well.

My SIL and his friends own a maple sugar business that I am trying to get involved with. My son tells me to do my homework before investing any time and/or money as he thinks it is more of a hobby than a business.

I would like to find a non-profit that needs someone with good organizational skills and a lot of free time.

I am also looking forward to playing Grandpa.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

How many trees do they tap?

I hope you realize that the sugar season is six weeks of intensive work. And that a dry year or a warm spring can wipe your season out.

Fewer than 200.

Last year was a total bust.

I do like their name----Tap House Syrup.

The "business" needs an infusion of capital for a new evaporator and vacuum system. My plan is to purchase them and to then find a local syrup producer who would be willing to boil our sap for us, as that is the most labor intensive part of the job.

cosmo1

Perhaps.
Staff member
Fewer than 200.

Last year was a total bust.

I do like their name----Tap House Syrup.

The "business" needs an infusion of capital for a new evaporator and vacuum system. My plan is to purchase them and to then find a local syrup producer who would be willing to boil our sap for us, as that is the most labor intensive part of the job.

Well, good luck.

I used to know a couple guys who tapped well over 500 trees each. Big stainless gathering tanks and big stainless evaporators.

One was retired and the other worked full time. Both made a little money doing it, but it really was just a hobby for them.

Jasoonis

We are starting Tuesday to Saturday work week in August. Those who are lowest on seniority will be a part of the Tues to Saturday work group. For them Monday will be their time and half day.