amazon and saturdays?

ManInBrown

I haven't the slightest clue how any FT driver could possibly do this 6 days a week. I'm going to go out on a limb, and take a guess that a majority of the drivers here that do work Saturdays for extra money, are very senior drivers with extremely cushy 5 cube countryside routes. I'm dead by Friday afternoon. And I'm no runner gunner. I take my sweet time all week. Safe and careful. And I am absolutely dead tired come Friday after my hour meal. It takes everything I have most weeks to finish out the day.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

I guess that is my biggest fear. Get up in the morning with nothing to do and no place to go.

Mine as well.

My SIL and his friends own a maple sugar business that I am trying to get involved with. My son tells me to do my homework before investing any time and/or money as he thinks it is more of a hobby than a business.

I would like to find a non-profit that needs someone with good organizational skills and a lot of free time.

I am also looking forward to playing Grandpa.

Dr.Brownz

They could just switch to a 5 day on 5 day off schedule. I'd be down with that. Have staggered schedules to make sure staffing is covered. You could work a 6th day for OT if you are an OT whore

moreluck

golden ticket member
Getting up and having nothing to do? I can't relate because there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.....cooking, cleaning, appointments, dining out, favorite TV shows, coffee with neighbors, hot dogs at Costco with friend, etc.

UpstateNYUPSer(Ret)

Getting up and having nothing to do? I can't relate because there doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day.....cooking, cleaning, appointments, dining out, favorite TV shows, coffee with neighbors, hot dogs at Costco with friend, etc.

Those are examples of busy time. I am talking about doing something constructive (worthwhile) with my time.