amazon and saturdays?

Orion inc.

I like turtles
They can't force FT from going from a 5 day work week to a 6 day work week. They would have to give 2 days off according to the contract.

I would assume any changes of this this magnitude would have to renegotiated with the union either through the master and supplements.

Like I said, this will most likely be a special service added to ground. I can't imagine them processing everything on Saturday. The amount of send agains and closed commercial would kill any profit

dudebro

It obviously depends on your area but my building hasn't had any trouble with peak. In fact I've been offered a lot of days off the last 2 peaks.

True,
I can think of 3 recent hotspots in the US and I'm probably missing a few:

The North Atlantic district - western Long Island
The Red River district - the Dallas area
The North California district - Oakland / San Francisco / San Jose.

These areas have been in the news for falling behind the last few years, but the North Atlantic has cleaned up for the past two with 6 day weeks for drivers that still had hours. I would bet the other two districts (or at least those areas) will do the same this year to keep up.

SmithBarney

I could see UPS adopting a tu-sat shift and mon-fri heck even sundays too... plenty of people enjoy having a weekday off in order to do things like Doctors visits without taking a day off work.

FDX has 4x10 drivers who get three days off a week, albeit most of the time its a random day in the middle not a monday or friday

dudebro

We was pushing out as much freight as possible on Mondays. We had a 7:15 start time on Monday's during peak

Peak is different.

Monday-Friday hubs run origin and destination relief sorts on added 6 day Sunday sorts to get ahead, and this makes advanced work available to the centers at the start of the week. During peak the hubs try to advance enough volume to balance the Monday-Tuesday dispatch in the local centers.

The centers themselves may even hold back available advanced work to avoid going too far and making Monday too much heavier than Tuesday, even with some centers taking advantage of a clause in some local supplements that allows a different start time for drivers for one day / week.

I was speaking more about the yearly - normal volume. What we do at peak changes things.

Big Arrow Down...D

Leave the gun,take the cannoli
Peak is different.

Monday-Friday hubs run origin and destination relief sorts on added 6 day Sunday sorts to get ahead, and this makes advanced work available to the centers at the start of the week. During peak the hubs try to advance enough volume to balance the Monday-Tuesday dispatch in the local centers.

The centers themselves may even hold back available advanced work to avoid going too far and making Monday too much heavier than Tuesday, even with some centers taking advantage of a clause in some local supplements that allows a different start time for drivers for one day / week.

I was speaking more about the yearly - normal volume. What we do at peak changes things.
Hi.

dudebro

I could see UPS adopting a tu-sat shift and mon-fri heck even sundays too... plenty of people enjoy having a weekday off in order to do things like Doctors visits without taking a day off work.

FDX has 4x10 drivers who get three days off a week, albeit most of the time its a random day in the middle not a monday or friday

UPS feeder departments already have the 7 day calendar worked out. There are Sun-Thu jobs, Mon-Fri jobs, and Tue-Sat jobs already in many areas. If our customers demand it, centers will go this way too. Drivers will have 5 day weeks, but they might not necessarily have Sat/Sun off

Peak is different.

We will have 6 days a week or maybe 7 days...soon

Peak is different.

During Peak our Day sort, which normally works Sunday thru Thursday year round, will add a special Saturday sort.

dudebro

During Peak our Day sort, which normally works Sunday thru Thursday year round, will add a special Saturday sort.

Yes - that's the same idea. Normally the Sunday sort volume in a Sun-Thu hub that goes to preloads is committed for Monday delivery.

So now, you add a Saturday sort, which will also be committed for Monday, and this puts a "double shot" of volume from that hub into the Monday preload operations.