Amazon Prime Day 2018

Discussion in 'UPS Discussions' started by Maplewood, Jun 29, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

Amazon Prime Day is Tuesday July 17th this year. Any buildings doing Sick-outs?

I'm wondering which days, if any we will get :censored2:ed hardest so I can get 8hr days or 2hour bonuses if I work over?

2. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

What is a Sick-out?

3. Box Ox

Box Ox Well-Known Member

Think word's gotten out that Prime Days are :censored2: and you'd generally find better products and deals at your average yard sale.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  4. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

That sucks. They might try to add a leg to my job on the 16th. I’ll probably say no. Lol

5. The Driver

The Driver I drive.

Never underestimate the stupidity of the American consumer.

6. Middleagedbro

Middleagedbro New Member

Doesn't matter, they will still cut routes that day at my hub.

7. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

Amazon is ridiculous. I just ordered a small automotive air compressor and I was forced to pick a two-hour delivery time for tomorrow with free shipping. I didn't want it that quick, what's wrong with those people?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  8. ManInBrown

ManInBrown Well-Known Member

Never choose weekend delivery when you order something on a Friday. When you choose that option it gets delivered by the people in there personal cars who have no clue what they’re doing. Chances are you won’t even get it, or it will get misdelivered. Even when weekend is offered I choose Monday. Then it goes Surepost or stays with UPS. You should have had an option to pick Monday.

9. scratch

scratch Least Best Moderator Staff Member

I didn't see any options, I emptied out the cart and tried to re-order a couple of times. I did get hit with a $5 tip I didn't want to pay. I was wanting delivery for next week, I just wanted the product for vacation the following week.

10. Upstruckz

Upstruckz New Member

All they care about anymore is stops per car. It’s one of the dumbest policies they ever started

11. Wally

Wally BrownCafe Innovator & King of Puns

When one is forced to consume food such as this:

12. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

One of the "benefits" of Prime?

Another reason for not wasting your money on it. I don't have Prime and never see that problem. I still usually get my delivery within a week. Plenty soon enough for stuff that aren't life or death issues.

13. Philo Bedo

Philo Bedo New Member

Check out Google Express, I feel like I’m stabbing myself in the back using amazon.

14. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

I wish I believed you. Last year, the Friday after PrimeDay, I went out with over 270 stops. Lmao.

15. oldngray

oldngray nowhere special

The same people who have to stop at every yard sale they see order from Amazon. For the great "deals".

16. Richard Harrow

Richard Harrow Deplorable.

Vacation for me.

Planned that one perfectly.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Beer Beer x 1
    • List
  17. They do have a 9.5. list...

18. MyTripisCut

MyTripisCut Dumpster, INABAG

Thanks, I’ll have to look into that.

19. eats packages

eats packages Tetris Master

They pack them quite well too, never seen a google express box smashed up or broken open. You can stand on them, I've done it.

20. Maplewood

Maplewood Active Member

I guess I want to least get :censored2:ed on Friday. Thurday-Friday 8 hour days or Monday? I can't remember if any of that Amazon Prime :censored2: goes ground? Working Saturday would be bull:censored2: too. I would tell them I got the kids I wont make it.